You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Metallica.

Bruce Spanner

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Ive said it many time but i dont know how you can listen to a song like 'One' and think anything other than they are sublime.

I would rather sit in silence than listen to Dylan, so i guess its all just taste

Have you recently been sectioned under the mental health act?

22 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Liked them to and including Justice, shite ever since. 

Wonder how much losing their bassist effected output, as he passed in 1986 with Justice released in 1988.

35 minutes ago, Chris said:

"Metallica are shit."

Great insight from the community that brought you "Best Rock Group: Nickelback vs Kings Of Leon."

You're right.

'Are fucking shit' would have been much more suitable, I take the criticism onboard and will try to grow as a person in light of it.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You're right.

'Are fucking shit' would have been much more suitable, I take the criticism onboard and will try to grow as a person in light of it.

Thank you.

I mean, basically they're the greatest thrash metal band in history and the best live act in the world. Despite a few decades of mediocrity since their prime, which no band ever has managed to overcome. You have it, then you get old and you lose it. Saying they're shit is just a bit silly, tbh. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I mean, basically they're the greatest thrash metal band in history and the best live act in the world. Despite a few decades of mediocrity since their prime, which no band ever has managed to overcome. You have it, then you get old and you lose it. Saying they're shit is just a bit silly, tbh. 

Are Metallica thrash metal?

Metallica are better live than AC/DC ???? Put the bleach down. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

They're quite clearly not though, are they, Silly Billy?

That'd be Slayer.

Metallica stopped being a thrash band when Hetfield cut his hair and are massively fucking shit, to add further to my previous, succinct, criticism.

• Upvote 3

I'm not a fan of theirs at all but I think starting a thread to say they're shite is a bit off. It's not as if they are ubiquitous these days.

Just leave it & start a thread on a band you do like.

As for Lars Ulrich, he's had his fair share of stick over the years but he had a point about Napster, look at the fucking state of the industry now. Musicians should be paid properly for their work.

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm not a fan of theirs at all but I think starting a thread to say they're shite is a bit off. It's not as if they are ubiquitous these days.

Just leave it & start a thread on a band you do like.

As for Lars Ulrich, he's had his fair share of stick over the years but he had a point about Napster, look at the fucking state of the industry now. Musicians should be paid properly for their work.

Nothing Else Matters came on Spotify randomly, it's shit, I made a thread with tongue very firmly in cheek as a joke.

Meh.

tenor.gif