You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rest of The World Bands - Round 1 - Sigur Ros vs The Cranberries

Bjornebye

Rest of The World Bands - Round 1 - Sigur Ros vs The Cranberries  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rest of The World Bands - Round 1 - Sigur Ros vs The Cranberries

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/21 at 17:35

I held a beautiful girl, who was swaying and holding me, kissing and motioning in a tightness which almost fused us as one, each breath in sync with mine, the world and all it's distractions a lifetime away, whilst feeling the surge of MDMA coursing through our veins with Sigur Ros providing the soundtrack to this perfect emotion, the Iberian sunset held majesty across the sky and to this day it's one of the those moments that make me feel that whatever life is, it's a wonderous gift.

I don't miss her, I'm just glad I know that feeling.

I jumped off a train in a random part of Spain with the intention of stating a new life the day after...

• Upvote 1

I'm not a fan of Sigur Ros but they got my vote because they're not the absolutely fucking atrocious Cranberries.

That Zombie song is up there with Mr Brightside as one of the most offensive songs I've ever heard. Like injecting a dose of AIDS directly into your ear drum.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, mattyq said:

This was the song my wife walked down the aisle to.

Sigur Ros are my favourite band in this tournament, I love them. From ethereal beauty and melancholy to pop, shoegazing, psych and metal, they're continuously inventive and creative. Their live shows are incredible experiences, I saw them at Joddrell bank one summer with a light show casting on the dish, it was otherworldly.

Turn the volume up:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Sigur Ros are the band for the shy but creative boy who writes deep poems about the girl he fancies that he will never give to her. 

The Cranberries are for blokes who know that the girl wants to relax, drink wine and 69. 

'And the meek shall inherit the Earth' so what's your point?

44 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm not a fan of Sigur Ros but they got my vote because they're not the absolutely fucking atrocious Cranberries.

That Zombie song is up there with Mr Brightside as one of the most offensive songs I've ever heard. Like injecting a dose of AIDS directly into your ear drum.

You could always listen to this masterpiece instead.