You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cyberpunk 2077

Red Phoenix

1 hour ago, Antynwa said:

It was unplayable on PS4, Managed to get hold of a PS5 and it plays fine. Some frustrating bugs but not all that bad.

Story is a bit crap though

They cut loads of content apparently. 

Bugs aside and the actual art of the game I just think its appallingly made. They also acted incredibly dishonestly with how they released the game, the content they allowed to be seen. Probably the biggest shit show of a release I've ever seen but they made their money back and then some. 

I dont think patches will fix the main issues I have with the game because ultimately the very basics of it seem out of date, on the rails type of play, sequences you are supposed to be playing but are scripted to the point you can shoot someone in the head 100 times but it will play out as it does. Essentially the best graphics action sequences are the illusion you play along you just get to pull a trigger and lookaround.  I mostly played it on the ps5, not many bugs still a poor limited game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's still bugs on pc, probably a lot if you really went around looking for them in a game of this size but it's definitely improved with all of the changes. Good to see that they managed to sort so much out as well after the limited patches we had before this one.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The patch is out now.

57 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's unfortunate that during the livestream a developer was talking about bugs just as an NPC started randomly T-Posing on screen.

Can't believe they went from the Witcher 3 to this shit show.

I think I know what bit you mean, and if so it was at least just for a fraction of a second before they went back to what they were doing. T-posing could be something that's still seen for a while though I think if it's pointing to some other underlying problem. They have fixed a lot of bugs at this point though so hopefully soon they'll start to narrow the problems down and eventually get that almost completely sorted out (which could be the case already.)

Not that it'll change anyone's opinion of the game if they think it's shit in general of course, only the next gen upgrades and/or expansions will have any chance of doing that I think, which are still a way off.

A functioning AI*, and AI driving system would help. The police AI was 'fixed' by making them spawn further away from you but it hasn't helped the realism.

If a lot of the stuff that is broken was new cutting edge stuff we hadn't seen before fair enough, it would have been a bold but failed experiment but the way characters interact with the environment and city wide driving systems have been in place for a good few decades now.

I know most game design is smoke and mirrors and if you peered behind the curtain it would destroy the immersion (fallout 3's metro carriage being a hat worn by NPC or vertibirds in fallout sharing code with Skyrim dragons which is why they seem to always land on your head when they explode for example) but at least they have a curtain.

27 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

A functioning AI*, and AI driving system would help. The police AI was 'fixed' by making them spawn further away from you but it hasn't helped the realism.

If a lot of the stuff that is broken was new cutting edge stuff we hadn't seen before fair enough, it would have been a bold but failed experiment but the way characters interact with the environment and city wide driving systems have been in place for a good few decades now.

I know most game design is smoke and mirrors and if you peered behind the curtain it would destroy the immersion (fallout 3's metro carriage being a hat worn by NPC or vertibirds in fallout sharing code with Skyrim dragons which is why they seem to always land on your head when they explode for example) but at least they have a curtain.

Yeah a lot of the AI stuff has been a mess. I've liked the game since release but I've never been under the impression that it's not had a ton of bugs or that it's the type of revolution in gaming so much of the hype was making it out to be. I can probably be more easily amused than a lot of gamers in a cyberpunk city setting like this though so I can mostly avoid caring about the main story (like I did in Skyrim) or the police (I mostly interact with gangs) and go around exploring, looting, collecting and reading shards, doing sidequests when I feel like it and so on.

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I already own the cunt do I get a free upgrade.

Yes.

How do you upgrade from PS4 to PS5 in Cyberpunk 2077? The new-gen version of CD Projekt REDs sci-fi role-playing release is available on the PlayStation 5 now, but if you previously purchased the game on the PS4 then you may be wondering how to upgrade from PS4 to PS5. As part of our Cyberpunk 2077 guide, we're going to explain all the steps you need to take to upgrade from PS4 to PS5.

If you already own Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4, then you'll be able to upgrade your game to PS5 for free. It's fairly straightforward, and won't take you too much time. If you don't currently have any version of the game installed, then from the PS5 dashboard, go to Game Library and then Your Collection. Find Cyberpunk 2077 and select it.

A popup will appear asking which version you want to view. Select PS5 and then click Download. Follow the steps and choose Download PS5 Version. The game will then begin downloading to your console. At the time of writing, it's about 56GB in size.

If you already have the PS4 version of Cyberpunk 2077 installed on your console, then simply select it from the PS5's main menu and click the ... icon. Select View Product and then Select Version. You can then choose the PS5 version and begin downloading it. Remember, if you own Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 Blu-ray, then you'll need to insert the disc to upgrade, and keep it in your console at all times when you want to play the PS5 version.

Yes, if you've already purchased Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4, then upgrading to the PS5 version is completely free. You can find a full list of other free PS4 to PS5 upgrades through the link.

• Upvote 2