You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cyberpunk 2077

Red Phoenix

A thread on this seemed like the best idea seeing as the rate the last game thread has had a lot of Cyberpunk in it lately and also because I'm kind of alone here at the moment in thinking it's an awesome game despite the bugs and lack of other stuff a lot of players expected (so if nothing else I can at least ramble a bit here instead and then leave it.) That's maybe down to my own liking of cyberpunk scifi even outside of games but also two other things : after it finally got revealed at E3 I was also hyped but eventually cooled off on it because I thought the hype had got out of hand. The other thing being that I never expected it to be a GTA-like game, and I think CDPR marketing are surely to blame for some of the eventual reaction here and they could've given a better reflection of what the game actually was before release.

I was hoping it could also be a GTA-like game as well as other things but as we now know that's not what it's really turned out like. What's worked for me has been to see it as more of a mixture of a Deus Ex game with the cyberpunk, hacking, shards (instead of eBooks) etc, and something like Fallout New Vegas with the open world, combat, perks and so on.

And if anyone posts in here at any point to say that the game is complete trash, shite, a bugfest, worst thing they've ever played, etc, that's no problem with me either. After such a mess of a release any ongoing discussion on this can't be expected to be free of that, so I've got no interest in wanting this thread to be one-sided in any way.

I was going to add some stuff about mods too but I'll leave it so that this isn't going on for so long.

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Started it last night. 

Quiet alot to take in and quiet a steep learning curve on higher difficulties. 

I remember watching a streamer the day before release on very hard and he was getting really frustrated at how insane some of the higher level enemies were. He was taking one npc's health down 1% at a time, then he healed up and had to get it back down again. I think he might've ended up ditching his gun and using a sword or something. It does look like it could be done better though and might be fixed eventually.

I've stayed on normal so I can go through the game and see everyting that's there first, then will maybe move on to hard once I've seen most of it and feel like starting again. Even at level 35+ on normal though there's not too much of a challenge and I've been leaving myself with less armour so enemies affect me more. If it gets worse will switch to hard early.

From a mod released earlier this morning

EPLUqWa.jpg

It's from here but if you're on pc and interested in it you're going to need the second link (one of the main Cyberpunk mods that allows you to do loads of other stuff) as well for it to work :

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/922

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107

• 2 weeks later...

Any game breaking bugs might be hotfixed shortly I guess if they have enough attention, especially seeing as media have picked up on it too. This patch doesn't seem to have done much at all for me on pc but I've not had any major issues anyway and am happy messing around with mods too. There's just smaller character and AI bugs that don't really affect gameplay but that can grate at me now that I've been playing for around 130 hours. Hopefully they'll get to them next month though.

If you're on console though and the bugs are stopping being able to get into the game it might be best waiting until at least next patch, where supposedly more significant changes will be made and probably another round of quest bugs will be worked out if they're still there.

Personally I already waited most of a decade for this and would've jumped in even for early access, so it's not been too bad. I can understand players that can't be doing with it too though and are waiting until either next patch or even several months until they try it again.

On 14/01/2021 at 09:34, Red Phoenix said:

Next patch is within 10 days, more here too including what went wrong, an apology for the way the game was released and future plans :

Having returned my preordered copy for a full refund I'll pick this up for the PS5 in 2-3 years time once the GOTY version is out, hopefully it'll be a more polished experience by then.

6 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Having returned my preordered copy for a full refund I'll pick this up for the PS5 in 2-3 years time once the GOTY version is out, hopefully it'll be a more polished experience by then.

I'm hoping it'll be a lot better for console players later on this year and that AI and other issues are also improved on pc, but yeah a GOTY version could be great in future too agreed.