You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (A) - FA Cup - 8/1/2021 - 19:45

Bjornebye

34 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm increasingly suspicious of these recent call-offs for smaller PL teams with knackered tiny squads. 

If players are catching it then the clubs are failing to put in place proper measures.  They shouldn't be rewarded at the expense of teams that are safeguarding players. 

Arent they also the clubs that blocked the 5 subs call?

51 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Who honestly gives a fuck about this game? The FA Cup is dead anyway, just cancel the game and throw both teams out. Won't make a lick of difference. 

I give a fuck about the domestic cups. Call me old-fashioned, but I like it when Liverpool win things and I sulk when we don't. 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm increasingly suspicious of these recent call-offs for smaller PL teams with knackered tiny squads. 

If players are catching it then the clubs are failing to put in place proper measures.  They shouldn't be rewarded at the expense of teams that are safeguarding players. 

The Clubs are putting proper measures in place, they have to, ultimately, it’s down to the players behaviour outside of the Club. We’ve seen City players partying, Grealish and Barkley partying. There really should be a punishment for the players breaking the rules like a 3 game ban, or more. Thereby punishing the player AND club. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

Apparently villa have no free weekends to play this or midweek for that matter until the 4th round. It'll either be a by or their u23s. 

If Villa want to play the game tomorrow, they'll have to do it with their youth-teamers if the first team are all in isolation.

If they want to reschedule, the fixture should be scheduled to take place the day before one of their league fixtures (as long as we have at least a couple of days before our own league fixture).

We had players out with Covid when we played them in the league, and our entire first team was out in Qatar when the EFL decided to schedule the League Cup quarter final the day before our first game in the Club World Cup despite knowing from all the way back in June 2019 that, as European champions, we would not be able to fulfil domestic fixtures that week.

The flaw in the reschule argument is, the FA will fuck us over and not Villa. If anyone's going to be disadvantaged with a rescheduled game, it will be us and not them.

Even so, the FA have made a rod for their own back saying these games have to go ahead if you can muster 14 fit players. It has to be play or forfeit.

Sorry to sound like a tin foil hat wearer but there you are.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Possibility it might get pushed back to say Sunday or Monday?

Give them time to test u23s etc to get enough negatives to cobble together a team....?

I read that Villa's young'uns train separately like we used to, and aren't an issue at present. Hope it is resolved tomorrow one way or the other  , don't like the thought of teams having to concede but we had to play a kids team in awkward circumstances last season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I read that Villa's young'uns train separately like we used to, and aren't an issue at present. Hope it is resolved tomorrow one way or the other  , don't like the thought of teams having to concede but we had to play a kids team in awkward circumstances last season.

Well if that is case then their kids it is tomorrow

Would not surprise me if the useless bastards at the FA somehow manage to overlook that or not consider it.

Loads of twats saying we chose to go to Qatar instead of staying home. Yet as Trumo pointed out above they knew that us as European champions would have to play in the World Club cup in December. 

The Spanish, Italian and German FAs all helped their clubs rearrange fixtures when Inter, Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich won the Champions League. Ours wouldn't. 

• Upvote 2

The FA are going to have to make a decision on this game pretty quick tomorrow if they havent already and george is correct.

It'll take the team bus a good 90 - 120 minutes to drive to Birmingham and they need to arrive at least 90 minutes before kick off.

The PL called the Spurs game off a couple of hours before the game but Spurs were at home, already in their own stadium and their opponents, Fulham, were a short drive away.

Stolen but spot on...

So the entire Aston Villa first team squad is in self-isolation after a major Covid outbreak.

I hope they make a speedy recovery.

Manager Dean Smith may have to select a large number of youth players if the FA insist on tomorrow nights game going ahead.

Surely no responsible, respectable sporting authority with the very best interests of fair play and integrity at its core, would force a club to field a team of inexperienced kids in a major cup competition when the first team squad was unavailable - due to no fault of the club.......

• Upvote 1