You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MF Doom

Paul

It was announced last night by his wife that he died on 31st October. Fucking gutted. He was genuinely in the conversation for the greatest MCs of all time and, as my avatar has attested on here for decades now, one of my absolute favourite artists. I reckon he deserves his own thread.

Oh and to all those helpful people who like to say how shit they think hip hop is whenever there’s an opportunity, that’s sound thanks. I already know. 

Madvillain - Curls

• Upvote 7

Genuinely sad day, through all the iterations and guises there was always something to demonstrate why he was top table from KMD through Madlib collaborations, Dangerdoom, King Gheedora never a drop on quality.

This was last year and it’s still better than most ‘modern’ hip hop as he was always so far ahead to start with that they were playing catch up, still

• Upvote 2

Was gutted hearing this when I woke up today. Mrs Bela thinks I’m a soft cunt being upset about a musician, but I’m properly sad about it.

As Paul says, absolutely definitely one of the greatest ever. The collaborations with Madlib are as perfect as you can get. His part in Czarface is just remarkable.

It’s not even possible to nod at all the things he’s contributed to. My favourite bits both come off Madvillainy though. Possibly the nicest instrumental I’ve ever heard in Sickfit, and the slickest flow you can ever ask for in Figaro. That album is unreal.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...