You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jerzy...

dave u

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Benitez is not a bad manager. Gerard Houllier, last year, was a bad manager.

"I always got the feeling that he was waiting for a mistake from me so he could put Chris Kirkland in goal.

"So I was very happy when Houllier was sacked."

Ouch.

Get rid when we still can get some money for him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4010883.stm

Yep time for him to go. Too good a keeper to sit on the bench every week but not good enough to be no. 1. Always been too erratic. Strong words about Houllier though!

Salif Diao and Jerzy Dudek both declaring they'll look to leave if they don't get first team football before January. Anyone else to add to this list? I think Finnan is just filling a gap and if a decent offer comes in he'll be on his way aswell. Henchoz is as good as gone.

Diao - £1.5m

Dudek - £2.5m

Finnan - £2m

Henchoz - Free

"I always got the feeling that he was waiting for a mistake from me so he could put Chris Kirkland in goal.

Ouch.

If that is how he felt no wonder he made mistakes...one thing is for sure a player playing in fear of making mistakes will make mistakes...

I think his contract is up at the end of the season, so i dont we will get much from him.. Hopefully a dutch club will come in for him, because his reputation there is very good.

If he goes it would open up the need for a new goalie. I dont think Kirkland has been impressive since his return. Hasn`t made any big blunders, but just doesnt seems to make those match winning saves. very dissapointed with his effort on the first goal yesterday... But then again, he has been out for a long time and may need time to find his best form, but I havent been impressed with him.

Think Van Der Sar is out of contract at the end of the season. Heard rumours that the mancs are in for him... Maybe he is someone we should be trying to sign?

Ouch.

If he did say that I think it's a disgrace. To publicly put the knife in to the man like that after he gave him a chance to redeem himself against Ipswich is out of order.

Dudek was also being disrespectful to Kirkland by saying he has to be first choice for Liverpool to keep goal for Poland and if he's not back in the team by christmas he will tell Rafa what he wants to do

This was always gonna be a problem with 2 numbers 1s and once Kirkland gets capped by England he will feel exactly the same way.

I agree it's a bit much, and also pointless. GH is old news - why comment like that after he's gone?

Cos it proves our points ;-)

Expected it from EHD, but not from Jerzy.

But if people knew how many of the players had lost faith in GH and said so, they would get a big surprise, I think.

Slightly harsh on Kirky there Kurt. That first effort was class. It was hit with a lot of power and I don't think he could be expected to save it. He would be entitled to expect some sort of cover from a defender though.

It was a good finishing yes... But it was from some distance, and from a tight angle, and he didnt even try to save it...was rooted to the ground. Dudek was slaughtered for letting in more difficult goals both this season and last. I won`t put it down as a mistake, but it was definetly a shot that could have been saved. Read somewhere that Kirkland saving percentage is the lowest in the premiership... it may me a coincidence, but he doesnt seem to be producing those class saves.

But as i said, it may be he still needs time to find his form after beeing out for so long, but nobody can claim he has been impressive since his return. Steady but nothing more.

It was a good finishing yes... But it was from some distance, and from a tight angle, and he didnt even try to save it...was rooted to the ground. Dudek was slaughtered for letting in more difficult goals both this season and last. I won`t put it down as a mistake, but it was definetly a shot that could have been saved. Read somewhere that Kirkland saving percentage is the lowest in the premiership... it may me a coincidence, but he doesnt seem to be producing those class saves.

But as i said, it may be he still needs time to find his form after beeing out for so long, but nobody can claim he has been impressive since his return. Steady but nothing more.

That shot was a bullet, but yes, I agree if that was the Dude we'd have been all over his Polski arse. Kirklands strenght is his command of the area, much better that Dudek, and the match-winning saves will come.

Somewhat shocking coverage on that shithouse Hughes' goal.

That shot was a bullet, but yes, I agree if that was the Dude we'd have been all over his Polski arse. Kirklands strenght is his command of the area, much better that Dudek, and the match-winning saves will come.

Somewhat shocking coverage on that shithouse Hughes' goal.

Think Sami had a bad game. His slow feets makes him take out deeper positions. It happened on several occasions yesterday, and one of the times resulted in the first goal.

Regarding Chris he showed in his first starts that he can produce magic saves...especially those against Galatasaray away, so I know he can do it. But since then i havent really been impressed by his shot stopping... But hopefully that will come with games and fitness... Nontheless if the dude leaves we need a godd goalie. So what do we do? Go for a young one to be understudy for Chris?...or do we try to find an established keeper?...

So what do we do? Go for a young one to be understudy for Chris?...or do we try to find an established keeper?...

With Kirkland's age and injury record, I'd say it's got to be an older head. Paul Jones would have been ideal.

With Kirkland's age and injury record, I'd say it's got to be an older head. Paul Jones would have been ideal.

I was thinking along the same line... Someone who will accept being an understudy. Having two goalkeepers like Chris and Jerzy is fine, but it adds pressure as u know you`re just a couple of mistakes away from the bench!

Maybe that`s the reason why Jerzy played so much better the first season, when he was the clear first choice, and Chris was the young one there to learn??

If that is how he felt no wonder he made mistakes...one thing is for sure a player playing in fear of making mistakes will make mistakes...

I think his contract is up at the end of the season, so i dont we will get much from him.. Hopefully a dutch club will come in for him, because his reputation there is very good.

If he goes it would open up the need for a new goalie. I dont think Kirkland has been impressive since his return. Hasn`t made any big blunders, but just doesnt seems to make those match winning saves. very dissapointed with his effort on the first goal yesterday... But then again, he has been out for a long time and may need time to find his best form, but I havent been impressed with him.

I've always thought that about Kirkland, to be honest. He never seems to make match-winning saves. Hopefully that will come with time though. He's still very young in goalkeeping terms, so there's plenty for him to improve on.

Hang on a minute before we start looking at whether Kirkland should have saved that angled shot, we should have looked at whether the guy should have had that shot in. I mean Josemi had his poorest game ever on Saturday. His positional play was very poor, watching the ball far too often then looking at the players trying to creep in behind him. And this is strange because he started teh season quite well, IMO opinion thought he was a bargain at 2M but after saturdays shocking display, Finnan should certainly be given a chance!

I mean Josemi had his poorest game ever on Saturday. His positional play was very poor, watching the ball far too often then looking at the players trying to creep in behind him. And this is strange because he started teh season quite well, IMO opinion thought he was a bargain at 2M but after saturdays shocking display, Finnan should certainly be given a chance!

Couldn't agree more. Josemi's positional play was awful. Together with his lack of speed it's been a problem for several games now, yesterdays game beeing all time low. He cuts inside leaving acres of space for oposition wingers. In my opinion he was responsible for both the conceded goals. Earlier we've seen him fall asleep when our defence tries to play op. offiside. The one thing you don't want when playing the offside trap is a full back leaving op. onside. Like everybody else here I'd like to see Finnan play in his position next match.

I don't want to critzise Rafa yet, but it does worry me a bit that Rafa's summer signings seems to be given the nod no matter how bad they've played in previous games.

Couldn't agree more. Josemi's positional play was awful. Together with his lack of speed it's been a problem for several games now, yesterdays game beeing all time low. He cuts inside leaving acres of space for oposition wingers. In my opinion he was responsible for both the conceded goals. Earlier we've seen him fall asleep when our defence tries to play op. offiside. The one thing you don't want when playing the offside trap is a full back leaving op. onside. Like everybody else here I'd like to see Finnan play in his position next match.

Some of us have been saying that since Bolton away (I would insert a wink here if I wasn't morally opposed to the use of smilies in written English). You can read all about it in the next edition of the thinking Red's read, The Liverpool Way.

Some of us have been saying that since Bolton away (I would insert a wink here if I wasn't morally opposed to the use of smilies in written English). You can read all about it in the next edition of the thinking Red's read, The Liverpool Way.

The Thinking Red's Red says

"Josemi's shit". In fact, some of us said it long time ago.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17349&highlight=Josemi

Hang on a minute before we start looking at whether Kirkland should have saved that angled shot, we should have looked at whether the guy should have had that shot in. I mean Josemi had his poorest game ever on Saturday. His positional play was very poor, watching the ball far too often then looking at the players trying to creep in behind him. And this is strange because he started teh season quite well, IMO opinion thought he was a bargain at 2M but after saturdays shocking display, Finnan should certainly be given a chance!

I would`nt say it was a mistake by Kirkland, but it was a shot that could have been saved. On the other hand i won`t blame Josemi for that goal. When you saw the tv replays you saw three defenders in line, which you are supposed to do when playing an offside tactic. The one player who feel deep allowing Kolkka a free run was Sami. And i noticed him doing it several more times that was`nt punished, but it just prove the need for a more pacy centre back!

But on current form Finnan should start, there`s no doubt about that!

You wouldn't blame Josemi? Bloody hell, he was about five yards away from his man and not even goal-side. But then he spent the entire match doing that. Djimi, on the other side, also pushed up, but had the pace and awareness to get back into position when needed.