You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - Premier League 04/2021 - 20:00

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

We deserved nothing from this game, look at the last corner , like we did vs west Brom ....

Trent was so poor, so were Mo and Bobby.  We missed Hendo in midfield, Klopp fucked up again , weird.

Hard to understand what’s going on , maybe unrest in the squad.

I was thinking that. Somethings not right

• Upvote 1

The biggest problem is levels have dropped this season by a fucking mile. Most of the players know they are playing every game. This started before Covid as others have said with the Watford game. City away. Arsenal away were fucking shambolic as it gets. This has carried on this season. Villa away, Fulham away this season.

My biggest issue with Jurgen is his refusal to use our squad time and time again. Where is Minamino? Shaq never gets a look in when he's fit. He's made some fucking dreadful decisions this season that has cost us points. What on earth made him decide to start with Ox? This is Southampton, not Sutton Utd.

If you had never watched us before and you watched the game tonight, you'd think our front 3 have never played together.

Lets be brutally honest, we've been fucking shite for most of this season. Jota and Mo have got us points and out of the shit when needed.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Heinze said:

Gifting the title to Ole. Jurgen - what a guy.

No one's fucking gifting the title to anyone, mate.

Take a look at the League table.

There are 4,5, maybe 6 teams who think they're realistically in it.  And quite possibly are.  Including Everton maybe.

The team that beat us tonight is only fucking 4 points off the pace.

Ole's not getting any gifts from other teams... and frankly at the moment, if the analysis is that United are shite, then so are we.

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

With 9 days to the mancs, we'll play and have to in my opinion, a pretty strong team. We need rhythm back and you get that from playing,  not having 2 weeks off which were notoriously bad at coming back from

Fully agree. Play a strong team against Villa in the FA cup. These players dont do well after an extended break.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Code said:

Our attacking players seems to have no confidence at all for some reason, we don’t take any shots on goal unless we have a 100% scoring opportunity, it’s really painful to watch. 

Teams and defenders seems to defend against us like their lives depend on it, can’t remember to have seen so many blocks, players throwing themselves at everything like I have the last three games.

Absolutely nothing falls for us either though, and the ref was absolutely awful, two shocking penalty decisions not given to us, what’s the point with VAR if he’s are not given and what’s the point with VAR if there are no consistency whatsoever.

VAR needs to get rid of the personnel in charge, the incompetence and inconsistency is absolutely shocking, it should be fully automatic. Then we would have no bias, no inconsistency and it would be fair for all. Like it is no, it’s a fuckin joke.

Fair play to Soton, they did what they needed to do, had the luck on their side and zings scored a great goal.

Andre Marriner though, I hope he gets syphilis the cunt. 

Oh and a short corner for the second game in a row, when we are one minute past overtime. Just fuck off with that, schoolboy stuff.

All of this - trying to walk it in. Lack of confidence is contagious.

VAR is utterly pointless without consistency - surely it is brought in to achieve consistency - you can't have a 'seen them given' category where decisions can go either way. It's fucking absurd. That handball is a pen in any season under any rules. At that point in the game I felt like if we got one we would go on to win it because we had then penned back.

I'm not sure how you inject confidence into a team at this point in a season. Getting yet another fucking shitty draw in the cup certainly doesn't help. The first team squad look like they need a fortnight on a beach somewhere but the danger of playing the kids against Villa is that they'll get another beating.

The front three, full backs and Hendo have every right to be knackered an out of form to be honest - they have been so relentless for so long. 

I know transfer decisions won't be made based on a couple of results but the hope is that  these results highlight the pre-existing need for fresh faces.

I still fancy us if we are level on points with our nearest challengers come March, but the danger is an extended bad run could drag us down before then. 

• Upvote 1

I'm seething this season because we have the chance to go level with United on league titles but nobody at the club seems even remotely aware of this based on how we've been performing lately. They are going to be challenging given how easy they get penalties and big decisions while we are just shrugging our shoulders on getting on with it. 

Poor from Klopp. Bad subs. 

Subs were 1 for 1. 

We should have been brave. The first sub should have been Oxo-chambo for Rhys  Williams, moving Hendo into mid. This would have allowed Thiago to play further forward.

Second sub should have been to allow three at the back.

• Upvote 1

Still quite annoyed by that final corner of the game. In fact that made me more annoyed than the penalty we weren't given.

I also think Klopp should have switched Gini and Thiago's positions in the 2nd half. Thiago's creativity would have had more effect as an 8, with Gini sitting as the 6. 

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Match has finished over 45 minutes ago and still the handball penalty inicident hasn’t been mentioned ..

In fairness, they seem to have eased up on those handball decisions compared with a month or so ago.

Which of course is inconsistent, and unfair.

My view is the handball decisions they were giving earlier in the season were ridiculously harsh.

But you can't change tune halfway during a season.  Unfair.

19 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

A good post, and I agree with most of what you’re saying. But no time to focus on the refs I reckon. Even if the refereeing was abysmal tonight, I felt it went both ways at times. 

Ww’ve had a handful of shots on target, and scored one goal, in three games against WBA, Newcastle and a weakened Soton. And it’s down to piss poor performances, the standard of refereeing isn’t the thing to worry about now, even if it seems to be worse than ever.

If not now, when we are being fucked over game after game, and those horrible cunts are being gifted points left right and centre, then when?

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not so much the ref, as just general bad luck. The ref, the bounces, etc.. It's just not going our way and it's piling on. But yeah, the performances stink, that goes without saying. 

In the pecking order of things, the finishing is still behind the defending and whatever mental issues and lack of effort we have right now. Again, we scored 7 like two weeks ago. We're now on the flipside of that.

As you said scoring 7 against Palace was probably a bit more than our performance deserved. I actually thought the first half down there was pretty poor, but we took our chances. After that confidence grew, and Palace fell completely apart.

We’re totally off form, and I reckon there must be a number of reasons. Confidence is starting to disappear as well, and the result is all of those fine margins suddenly are against you. Our attackers looked like they were trying too hard in the second half  tonight, instead of playing more relaxed and by instinct in and around their box.

I reckon it’s a combination of reasons behind our drop in form, and it’s not necessarily easy ti fix fast. But I think we’d make it a hell of a lot easier for ourselves if we had more quality and continuity in central defence.

• Upvote 1

Just now, skaro said:

In fairness, they seem to have eased up on those handball decisions compared with a month or so ago.

Which of course is inconsistent, and unfair.

My view is the handball decisions they were giving earlier in the season were ridiculously harsh.

But you can't change tune halfway during a season.  Unfair.

This wasn't in that category though was it? He dives to stop the ball, with his hand away from his body, and stops the ball with his hand. That is a penalty. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

If not now, when we are being fucked over game after game, and those horrible cunts are being gifted points left right and centre, then when?

When we’re playing well, creating chances and the refs are one of the main reasons we dont win. 

Edit: And yes I thought the refereeing was abysmal tonight. The situation where Mane got booked was unreal. That said I didnt think it was a penalty when Mane went down the other time near the byline, and it the handball would maybe have been given at the start if the season but not now.

• Like 1