You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - Premier League 04/2021 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Just now, Moo said:

We've no chance of putting a great run together unless we sign a first choice CB and can play a fairly settled and close to first choice midfield again.

We started with two midfielders today who have barely played 90 minutes combined in the last three months, and we'll probably try a different combination in the next match, that's no way to get consistent results.

Started with two midfielders that have barely kicked a ball in the last few months. 

Also started with two other midfielders in defence, and finished it with 3 centre mids in defence. 

I think if you look at this game realistically, we were kind of robbed by not getting any decisions and also we were undone by some last ditch defending. 

That said, the first half was just once again unacceptable, just the way we let them press us and push us around. That's way more worrying than that we can't score against an army of defenders in the 2nd half, two of which committed infractions in the penalty area.

We scored 7 against Palace, probably undeservably and now the sharpness in the final third is gone. That's just variance. The part where we get absolutely bodied in the first half by a good, not great team is once again baffling.

• Upvote 1

This is a really worrying run of poor form now. We just look utterly toothless and our build up play is just so laboured.

Maybe the excertions of the last couple of seasons is catching up with us but to be honest I think a lot of it is self inflicted. The centre back situation was totally foreseeable and a gamble we didnt need to take and losing Jota in that total non event in Denmark was just stupidity.

Klopp needs to find some answers fast.

Not sure which was worse,the performance or the refereeing,both appalling though. United would have got at least two penalties and turned a defeat into a win no matter how they played. Our players dont look arsed but Klopp's team selection was baffling. Our two best midfielders at centre half and one who has been injured for most of two years starting in a position in front of a full back in probably the worst form of his career so far. It also must be said that its criminal the way we never test shit goalkeepers and try to walk the ball in every time.

Just now, derykw said:

This is a really worrying run of poor form now. We just look utterly toothless and our build up play is just so laboured.

Maybe the excertions of the last couple of seasons is catching up with us but to be honest I think a lot of it is self inflicted. The centre back situation was totally foreseeable and a gamble we didnt need to take and losing Jota in that total non event in Denmark was just stupidity.

Klopp needs to find some answers fast.

I think that's the main factor. Add in injuries to the new faces we brought in and Mike Riley and it's a perfect storm.

The current run of form reminds me of 2001/02 around this time of year where we dominated games without playing well and couldn't buy a goal with Owen, Anelka and Heskey in the  team, and everything opponents hit seemed to go in. 

The entire season is reminscent of 90/91 where we looked superb in some games, didn't turn up in others and had injuries catch up with us.  

• Upvote 1

The front 3 look sick of each other.  They’ve stopped doing what made them the best attack in football.  When they are this bad the only way we are creating is by Mane beating his man.  Salah just hides in the box all game hoping for a tap in and it looks like Mane thinks it makes him entitled to do it as well.  When he actually bothered going wide he opened them up half the time.  You then wouldn’t see him do it for another 10 minutes.

The press was a complete mess as well.  It was constantly just one player running on his own.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I thought I had travelled back in time to anywhere between 1994-2000. 

Although Trent played shite as soon as Milner replaced him they gained more momentum because we weren't pushing them up the pitch.

Milner was comically bad when he came on. Should have retired a year ago 

Our attacking players seems to have no confidence at all for some reason, we don’t take any shots on goal unless we have a 100% scoring opportunity, it’s really painful to watch. 

Teams and defenders seems to defend against us like their lives depend on it, can’t remember to have seen so many blocks, players throwing themselves at everything like I have the last three games.

Absolutely nothing falls for us either though, and the ref was absolutely awful, two shocking penalty decisions not given to us, what’s the point with VAR if he’s are not given and what’s the point with VAR if there are no consistency whatsoever.

VAR needs to get rid of the personnel in charge, the incompetence and inconsistency is absolutely shocking, it should be fully automatic. Then we would have no bias, no inconsistency and it would be fair for all. Like it is no, it’s a fuckin joke.

Fair play to Soton, they did what they needed to do, had the luck on their side and zings scored a great goal.

Andre Marriner though, I hope he gets syphilis the cunt. 

Oh and a short corner for the second game in a row, when we are one minute past overtime. Just fuck off with that, schoolboy stuff.

• Upvote 6