You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - Premier League 04/2021 - 20:00

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Is Thiago shit lads?

What's he meant to do? All he can do in that half is watch balls being booted over the midfield. 

We're playing like Stoke.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

We can't play out from back because we are dithering and passing it short and sideways and it is all too slow with nobody taking responsibility to carry it or inject urgency....and yeah they are then taking advantage of that and pressing us.

When it does get into midfield they are winning all the battles.

We are in serious trouble.

Good points. The pass from Henderson to Trent before the free kick that lead to the goal only moved forwards due to some tail wind. 

We are so pisspoor it's unreal. Even with two extra midfielders we can't pass around their press. And when we finally get an opening on the wing the switch pass is a slow baloon ball or a piss poor attempt that doesn't reach it's target. 

Unfucking believable performance. A header from Salah is what we can produce in 45 minutes against a side that's not exactly full of world class players. 

We did well to stay top for as long as we did with all those injuries but it's all falling apart now. Unless Jota is fit for the next game and we also have a top class centre back signed up, we are going to fall away and watch those oily cock suckers City steamroll the league.

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Don’t see that myself. We just look rudderless. 

Well, yes. Southampton aren't beating us because they're Bayern Munich, we have a hand in that as well. They've still done it in a way that is a far cry from what most clubs offer up against us.

Just thinking about loud - I wish we played with an actual attacking midfielder. I don't mean a central midfielder with an attacking inclination or who is played as that (Jones). I mean an advanced playmaker who stays in that position. Its what Bobby is sort of doing yet he also has to do number 9 stuff. 

I'd like to see Jones played as a real advanced playmaker and relieved of some pressing duties and allowed to stay there and allowed to take risks rather than recycle the ball. 

With an advanced playmaker we could link the midfield and attack much better and have more touches in their third that aren't passes back into the midfield or putting it out wide. 

Not sure if any of that could work in Klopp's system - maybe not. 

As I say just thinking out loud - its the most fun I've had so far. 

Just now, Chairman Meow said:

At the moment the problem is it's pretty much impossible to pick out what needs fixing.

Lack of defenders is obviously a problem, but the midfield and attack are doing fuck all either. The passing and movement are abysmal.

Nail on the head. So sluggish and sloppy.

Think the Saints manager after seeing Marriner’s performance will just tell his players to start throwing themselves to the floor 25 yards out so Ward Prowse can have a few pops at goal.

I guess calling Coote out for what he was hasn’t gone down too well with Mike Riley at corruption headquarters 

• Upvote 1

I don't care if I sound Evertonian, we're being singled out for "special" treatment from the refs now. Hardly a touch, free-kick given which leads to a goal. Thiago then gets a yellow inside 10 mins (which almost never happens in the pl). Robbo is held and scissored so much that he retaliates. Card given in an instant. Keeper gets fouled by his own player. Whistle immediately.Salah wrestled to the ground on numerous occasions, play on. Lastly, the linesman flags even if the ball is not out.

There's plenty of things to work on with our own play, but we're getting absolutely nothing from the refs atm.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, therevivalist said:

The whole problem lies in Henderson playing a center back. Is not working. Henderson is panicking, unable to handle that position. Which has in turn undermined Allison's confidence. Bring in the kid Rhys, take Henderson back to the midfield, and take out one of  Winaldum or Ox.

If that was the whole problem we wouldn't have drawn the last two games and failed to score against the Georgies. 

1 minute ago, therevivalist said:

The whole problem lies in Henderson playing a center back. Is not working. Henderson is panicking, unable to handle that position. Which has in turn undermined Allison's confidence. Bring in the kid Rhys, take Henderson back to the midfield, and take out one of  Winaldum or Ox.

I agree. Henderson has been absolutely wank at CB. And it’s Ox off, not Wijnaldum.

1 minute ago, lebron said:

I don't care if I sound Evertonian, we're being singled out for "special" treatment from the refs now. Hardly a touch, free-kick given which leads to a goal. Thiago then gets a yellow inside 10 mins (which almost never happens in the pl). Robbo is held and scissored so much that he retaliates. Card given in an instant. Keeper gets fouled by his own player. Whistle immediately.Salah wrestled to the ground on numerous occasions, play on. Lastly, the linesman flags even if the ball is not out.

There's plenty of things to work on with our own play, but we're getting absolutely nothing from the refs atm.

Bullseye. This linesman by salah needs his bank accounts auditing.