You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Too nice?

lebron

8 hours ago, El Rojo said:

It's just not Klopp's way, is it? 

It’s not been our way for years, apart from the odd player or incident.

Generally we get on with things and hardly ever crowd the ref, you can see Hendo having a go sometimes, Milly too, but they usually get waved away.

It’s not something I like to see from our players, but Corinthian values don’t get you a penalty when you’ve been illegally tackled and stayed on your feet or get one of the opposition sent off when you get straight up after being brought down.....again.

The behaviour of the team reflects how they are coached and for that Klopp should be applauded and the officials know who the cunts are and who aren’t.

That they condone the cunts says a lot about how the game in this country has gone.

• Upvote 4

Watched the last half hour of the Spurs game and actively wondering if they get acting training. That Hojberg did the most blatant body check I have seen this season and then went into such eye-popping histrionics pleading innocence I actually laughed out loud , and then there was an obvious Fulham throw and three Spurs players and a couple of subs warming up all claimed it with fantastic synchronisation and the liner shit it and gave it to them.

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Watched the last half hour of the Spurs game and actively wondering if they get acting training. That Hojberg did the most blatant body check I have seen this season and then went into such eye-popping histrionics pleading innocence I actually laughed out loud , and then there was an obvious Fulham throw and three Spurs players and a couple of subs warming up all claimed it with fantastic synchronisation and the liner shit it and gave it to them.

Mourinho quote from that documentary, “For 90 minutes, we have to be a bunch of cunts, intelligent cunts, not stupid cunts. Bastards in the sense of you are going to win matches.”

So he turned them into a gang of bastard cunts, didn’t do them much good last night though.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

i quite like Clattenburg, but where to start with that shit

Yeah same. Fucking diabolical Clattenburg's come out and admitted refs were shit scared of ferguson so they gave them favourable decisions during his time there (like we didnt already know!). And it's also fucking diabolical of him to now single out Jurgen for pointing out united are getting favourable decisions again.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, aws said:

I'm more concerned  about the unfavourable decisions we're getting than the favorable decisions they're getting. 

Agreed, Id much prefer the unfavourable decisions against us stopped first but it doesnt work that way. That being the case Im good with anything that stops any other teams, especially them, getting the benefit of undeserved favourable ones.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah same. Fucking diabolical Clattenburg's come out and admitted refs were shit scared of ferguson so they gave them favourable decisions during his time there (like we didnt already know!). And it's also fucking diabolical of him to now single out Jurgen for pointing out united are getting favourable decisions again.

Wonder where payment came from for this article.

’Quick, who can we use to deflect against people pointing out our favourable decisions?”

I remember Clattenburg helping Utd win the FA cup in 2016 when he pulled play back twice for Palace free kicks when players were clean through and on one occasion Conor Wickham scored.

.I’m sure the images in the tunnel before kick off didn’t influence any of those decisions ..

0_httpscdnimagesdailystarcoukdynamic122p

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lebron said:

Bump.

Our players need to get more cynical to force the refs into more decisions going our way.

They're fucking saps. The derby was a disgrace - all fucking smiles and man hugs at the end. Even Klopp before the game saying the Goodison derby was history. 

• Upvote 1

On 13/01/2021 at 11:45, El Rojo said:

It's just not Klopp's way, is it? 

No its not the Liverpool way either. We almost always top the fair play league every season. Sometimes if you can't beat em join em is something our players could try. I'd hate for us to become a snidy side. Felt sorry for Sadio last night as he got fuck all and anytime he was aggressive he was pulled on it. 

There was an incident in the game yesterday when Firmino fouled one of their players. He helped him up and then jogged out of the way whilst the Chelsea player took a quick freekick. Compare that to pretty much every other team having someone stand in front of the ball when they give up a foul against us. I don't want us to turn into a Mourinho team but our players do need to develop a bit of a cynical streak.

• Upvote 1

We are soft as fuck. The lack of reaction from the incident with Mane getting the ball blasted at his head was telling. 

As soon as we go a goal behind we’re fucked because we don’t have the heart nor the nouse to come back and anybody playing against us knows that they just have to worry about Salah because we have a dire lack of goal scorers throughout the squad. 

I think there is serious unrest in the camp for some reason. All of a sudden the team looks like a collection of individuals just thrown together. 

• Upvote 2

Like Ive said, I dont want our players being cunts on the pitch. Some do but I dont. I also get the impression it's not Jurgen's way either. He went ballistic when our bench cheered the decision to send a chelsea player off after a VAR review.

What I dont get is why Sadio goes down everywhere on the pitch under the slightest touch but tries to stay on his feet under similar challenges in the box.

There's a difference between being a snide cunt and just sitting meekly back when VVD gets taken out or when Mane gets punted in the face. There no point hassling the opposition players in those circumstances but we definitely need to be in the ref's ear a lot more. 

It's a huge if but IF we take the refs reasoning for what happened in the first Derby and they forgot to check the red card, having Hendo or whoever in the ref's fucking face making sure he is clearly reminded to check it means an almost certain 3 points. 

As for opponents everyone loved Robbo being snide to Messi and Suarez. Lack of form is one thing but lack of cutting edge is another and this is all part of that. Sick of seeing Mane hacked to pieces game after game with no punishment or retribution. 

Opponents are getting free reign and the refs a pat on the back. 

• Upvote 3

Klopp won us the league and the European Cup without resorting to the approach that’s being suggested here. With a bit of luck, we’d have doubled up in both competitions. 

I don’t think the marginal gains we might achieve by hounding officials would benefit us hugely. It would be a complete distraction for what we need to get back to. 
It wouldn’t stop Trent being turned easily, Firmino missing open goals or Keita always being injured. 

We just need to start blowing teams away again. 

Anyway, Van Dijk and, to a lesser extent, Henderson get in officials’ ears when they need to. 

What we should be doing as a club is lobbying in the background and in the media in relation to the inexplicable VAR calls that have made the season even  more of a disaster for us. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Klopp won us the league and the European Cup without resorting to the approach that’s being suggested here. With a bit of luck, we’d have doubled up in both competitions. 

I don’t think the marginal gains we might achieve by hounding officials would benefit us hugely. It would be a complete distraction for what we need to get back to. 
It wouldn’t stop Trent being turned easily, Firmino missing open goals or Keita always being injured. 

We just need to start blowing teams away again. 

Anyway, Van Dijk and, to a lesser extent, Henderson get in officials’ ears when they need to. 

What we should be doing as a club is lobbying in the background and in the media in relation to the inexplicable VAR calls that have made the season even  more of a disaster for us. 

Not when VVD was injured and neither played last night when Mane got punted in the face. 

I get wanting to be above the snide levels of Ferguson and Mourinho but doing absolutely fuck all in those situations isn't good enough. 

7 hours ago, mike23 said:

There was an incident in the game yesterday when Firmino fouled one of their players. He helped him up and then jogged out of the way whilst the Chelsea player took a quick freekick. Compare that to pretty much every other team having someone stand in front of the ball when they give up a foul against us. I don't want us to turn into a Mourinho team but our players do need to develop a bit of a cynical streak.

Should have picked him up by the arm pit hair whilst accidentally standing on his foot, then stood 2 inches away so he couldn't take a quick free kick. Seriously I'm not saying behave like Mourinhos teams but there is a place for a bit of cuntyness in football sometimes you need to over step like Robbo with Messi it just winds the opposing team up.

Players arent allowed to crowd the ref these days. People should stop harping on about ferguson tactics of getting players 'in ref's faces.' They just hand out yellows to those that do so we'll be picking up needless cards and likely seeing atkinson, marriner, taylor and their chums itching to give us a 2nd yellow for a nothing tackle.