You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are you most looking forward to in 2021

By most standards 2020 has been a shocker for most but some good things have happened. Those good things should be a basis for optimism in 2021.

So what are you most looking forward to in the next 365 days (after Friday, 31st December has passed, of course) but sow the seeds now.

7 minutes ago, skaro said:

Name the good things and the bases for optimism, and then I might have a better idea of what I might be looking forward to.

Crikey, this will go well!

Are you meaning when covid restrictions come to an end?

To be honest the only things I really miss are hugging/touching people beyond my own household and meeting up with people.

Other than that, I’m already looking forward to longer days and spending time in my garden

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Champ said:

Are you meaning when covid restrictions come to an end?

To be honest the only things I really miss are hugging/touching people beyond my own household and meeting up with people.

Other than that, I’m already looking forward to longer days and spending time in my garden

That's probably the best coming this year, so I'm assuming this happens. 

Obviously, being able to spend time with friends and family in person would be nice. I haven't seen my 4 month old niece up close yet, so it'll be great to finally give her a cuddle! I also miss playing board games with people and attending sporting events so I hope some of that is possible in 2021.

More generally, this is the 4th year in our house and we've almost finished decorating, so it'll be nice to have it finished. We spent a large part of last year doing "structural" work to the garden so I'm looking forward to reaping the benefits of a larger veg plot and getting more flower beds and social space in to it this year.

• Upvote 2

I’m looking forward to seeing Steve, a man not built for this world, who has just had his heart ripped out by possibly the best thing that’s ever happened to him. He’s just spent Christmas, alone, in an unfurnished flat, filled with even less cheer. He’s not seen a soul for weeks and lost the cat in the break up, he loved that fucking cat.

I want to hug him, hand him a pint then sit back in that weird, knowing silence, and repress our emotions, for hours as we get plastered and damn the world to rights. Before finally giving in and broaching the unmentionable ‘you were too good for her anyway, ‘nother pint?’

• Upvote 5

if im honest, a night away from my kids.

That might sound terrible, but we've 2 young children, the eldest recently turned 5 and the youngest will be 2 in February.

Since March its been 24/7 with them, no get out at all.

Added the youngest doesnt sleep well so myself and the missus are constantly tired, we noth just need a good nights sleep without one of them waking us up, just for bloody once.

If thats not possible, then maybe a nice, safe holiday on lake garda perhaps?

• Upvote 2

It's mad that because of the pandemic we tend to forget about the other wild shit at the beginning of this year, like wars almost kicking off and half of Australia being on fire. 

If the only thing we're dealing with up to March is corona then we're probably off to a good start. 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed in 2021. It will be the same shit show albeit no Donald fucking Trump around. 

I don't even see Trump/No Trump as an issue. Who's running another country makes zero fucking odds to me.

Besides, the USA is a basket case whoever's in charge. Right wing or slightly less right wing, take your pick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Besides, the USA is a basket case whoever's in charge. Right wing or slightly less right wing, take your pick.

Hard to argue against that. 

But I'm happy just to be free from listening to the rapist peado trying to be a politician and inciting all kinds of bad shit.