You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sharp increase in positive PL covid tests.

dockers_strike

48 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

With the spurs fulham game now off after mourinho's comments on social media, what's the rule now for getting games called off? The one who bleats loudest or what? So much for the PL's 14 player protocol.

Things will get ridiculous I reckon Docker. They gave into City who saw they had issues with players out and had two tough games against Everton and Chelsea. Other teams are going to get cynical as well now. 

Things could get mad with situations where teams in a title race or relegation dogfight could have played 2-3 more games than others. Then the scramble to get games played at the business end of the season.

I actually would love if the Newcastle and Southampton games get played with hopefully 6 points on the board with a few games done and dusted on some of our rivals.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Things will get ridiculous I reckon Docker. They gave into City who saw they had issues with players out and had two tough games against Everton and Chelsea. Other teams are going to get cynical as well now. 

Things could get mad with situations where teams in a title race or relegation dogfight could have played 2-3 more games than others. Then the scramble to get games played at the business end of the season.

I actually would love if the Newcastle and Southampton games get played with hopefully 6 points on the board with a few games done and dusted on some of our rivals.

Yeah, tend to agree with you Ronnie, lad. My only worry is this PPG shit and some games being postponed. Teams who play and drop points could be disadvantaged if one or two teams have 2 or 3 games 'in hand' and the PL decide to go down this route.

I know the answer is win the games you play but we only need look at three diabolical decisions, well, four if you include pickford's non sending off, to see it has cost us 4 points. I also read we've had 8 VAR decisions go against us which is the most any one team has had so far in the PL.

Normally, Im a glass half full but PPG and these postponements decided on a 'case by case' basis is starting to worry me.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, tend to agree with you Ronnie, lad. My only worry is this PPG shit and some games being postponed. Teams who play and drop points could be disadvantaged if one or two teams have 2 or 3 games 'in hand' and the PL decide to go down this route.

I know the answer is win the games you play but we only need look at three diabolical decisions, well, four if you include pickford's non sending off, to see it has cost us 4 points. I also read we've had 8 VAR decisions go against us which is the most any one team has had so far in the PL.

Normally, Im a glass half full but PPG and these postponements decided on a 'case by case' basis is starting to worry me.

Agree with that Docker.

The Premier League need to get some balls. Two days after City can't fulfill their game against Everton, they are in training for the Chelsea game. Fulham and others look at that and think "we don't fancy today" and get games postponed. The likes of West Brom will be all over this nonsense now. Everton should be awarded the three points and possibly Spurs for today (to be fair don't know Fulham's situation but it stinks to me).

Then you look at Nuno and his Wolves team. Some tough games but they get on with it and played last night despite being tired and depleted - yeah they don't have any covid cases but the attitude of the likes of City and Fulham are a slap in the face to them. You look at Newcastle, who have a few players missing from Covid still but are still playing. I mean full marks to them because some of the players they have out are probably among their best ones.

I mean we stand to gain a lot by a delay of a few weeks. Jota, Tsimikas and a few more back. Matip hopefully near a return and maybe a new centre half who gets a shitload of training with his new team. Thiago completely up and raring to go. We could get the United game postponed to a more convenient time when Matip is maybe back.

Still would hate us pulling cynical stuff like other teams.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Surely the Premier League has enough money to vaccinate all players privately, that has to be cheaper than calling matches off because Fulham's third choice goalie caught a bug.

At the moment, it'd be a massive own goal for the PL if they were seen to be jumping the queue for vaccines ahead of the elderly just because they can pay through the nose for them.

So are people still actually thinking City deliberately had their own players infected in order to avoid playing the mighty Ev? And then got back into training in time to face Chelsea just a few days after?

How does that benefit City when they would now have to fit in two unplayed PL fixtures into an already congested season? And who is to say they won't have key players out of form or injured by the time those fixtures get to be played. This conspiracy thing about the covid infections isn't reflecting well on some of our fans. We are surely above that kind of shite. 

46 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

So are people still actually thinking City deliberately had their own players infected in order to avoid playing the mighty Ev? And then got back into training in time to face Chelsea just a few days after?

How does that benefit City when they would now have to fit in two unplayed PL fixtures into an already congested season? And who is to say they won't have key players out of form or injured by the time those fixtures get to be played. This conspiracy thing about the covid infections isn't reflecting well on some of our fans. We are surely above that kind of shite. 

Not sure anybody has said they injected covid !!!

I think the suggestion was that they had genuine covid cases and might have been happy enough to postpone rather than dip into their reserves.

58 minutes ago, an tha said:

I see City back in training barely a day or so after being 'unable' to play and the training ground being 'closed indefinitely'

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1960548

Definitely has nothing to do with a new round of tests which showed no further positive tests and allowed for them to go back to training.

The bent bastards were definitely conspiring with the Premier League under the guise of not wanting to spread infections further. Lying cunts, just like Fulham.

Reckon City were so scared of playing against Everton, they decided to lie their way into getting that game postponed only to start training for the far easier game away to Chelsea a couple days later. Not to mention they would now have to somehow fit in 2 unplayed PL fixtures somewhere in an already congested season schedule. Makes absolute sense.

• Upvote 1