You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) Premier League - 30/12/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, DalyanPete said:

Just finishing my bevvy and realised why I don't get involved in this match comments shit.

To summarize,

Klopps shit.

Bobby's shit.

Mo's shit.

Team are shit.

Thiagos boss.(did fuckall)

Fuck me, get a fuckin grip, we where shite, nothing to do with buying back up keepers.

Thanks for the summary you twat. It's a match day forum where we discuss the match. 

9 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

We won every fucking trophy going without your ‘proper number 9’. We don’t need one, that’s not how we play. He’d just be standing around not understanding why there’s full backs in front of him and midfielders in defence. If we get a ‘proper number 9’ he’ll be moulded to play our way. The way of the most successful team in Europe.

The most successful team in Europe last season was Bayern Munich with a proper number 9 in Lewandowski up front. Teams have figured us out to an extent this season. They just need to put men behind the ball and we would generally rely on a mistake or an individual brilliance to bail us out. If we had a Lewandowski or a Jimenez, they wouldn’t have been able to sit that deep, or we would’ve punished them. 

• Downvote 2

A bit better than WBA, but the amount of chances we butcher through bad finishing , overplaying in the box or playing the wrong ball or a bad ball when opposition defences are stretched is getting beyond a joke.

Surprised at Thiago's ability in the air considering he is 4 foot 8.

• Upvote 3

Just now, KingLuis said:

Mo Sarah one of the so-called best strikers in the world yet I don't know how many chances he needs a match to score one.... very frustrating to watch.

love Salah but sometimes he can hold up the play a bit while he's trying to create his chance to score. There was one game where he was missing when we were super fluid in attack. Not knocking him but he can definitely work on alternating the play a bit. 

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Just finishing my bevvy and realised why I don't get involved in this match comments shit.

To summarize,

Klopps shit.

Bobby's shit.

Mo's shit.

Team are shit.

Thiagos boss.(did fuckall)

Fuck me, get a fuckin grip, we where shite, nothing to do with buying back up keepers.

If you couldn’t see from that cameo that Thiago is a clearly outstanding footballer then I don’t know what to tell you.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

A bit better than WBA, but the amount of chances we butcher through bad finishing , overplaying in the box or playing the wrong ball or a bad ball when opposition defences are stretched is getting beyond a joke.

Surprised at Thiago's ability in the air considering he is 4 foot 8.

Yep, I noticed that, he won every header

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Which makes it even worse.

Yes and no imo. Newcastle did try to play and attack, completely different from WBA.

What we lack at the moment is energy, intensity, pressing and movement. Could be down to fatigue, and if so it can and will be fixed. Could also be down to complacency, which in case is a bit harder to fix. My guess is a combination of the two.

It would be worse if it was a structural or tactical problem, and a matter of us not being able to break down teams parking the bus. It isn’t in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

The stat that really worried me during that was that Carroll hasn't scored in 42 games. That would've changed had he come on. 

Yup instead we only managed to get a keeper his first clean sheet in 3 years, our first match where we haven’t scored this year game. What progress. 

9 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Yes and no imo. Newcastle did try to play and attack, completely different from WBA.

What we lack at the moment is energy, intensity, pressing and movement. Could be down to fatigue, and if so it can and will be fixed. Could also be down to complacency, which in case is a bit harder to fix. My guess is a combination of the two.

It would be worse if it was a structural or tactical problem, and a matter of us not being able to break down teams parking the bus. It isn’t in my opinion.

But it is also a structural problem. If you look at the chances Newcastle, Brighton,  West Brom and Fulham had in those games, there are plenty.

And a big part of that, and it's obvious when you watch, is we can't compress the pitch as well and win the ball back right away because our physically dominant centre backs are all injured.

And so, these shite teams gain a foothold. Thiago in the future will help us regain some control in the middle against some of these teams, but right now, we have a problem and it's not just mental. 

4 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Could be down to fatigue, and if so it can and will be fixed. Could also be down to complacency, which in case is a bit harder to fix. My guess is a combination of the two.

Think you are correct here, and throw in a bit of intensity lost because of the title win , the fact that games are shit with no crowd and a raft of injuries and it's probably not that surprising we are below par but it needs stamping on very quickly by Jurgen.

19 minutes ago, Iceman said:

We don't have our power in defence after VD got taken out. As awesome as Fabinho is he needs someone next to him and today that cat he had as his partner was shaky as fuck and looked scared out of his mind any time he got near the ball. Put Thiago and Fabinho in there as a pair against the mancs is what I would do. Solid is what we need. 

One thing the mancs have got is a bit of pace up front and someone to play good balls into those front men.

Rashford/Martial v Willliams or Phillips genuinely worries me.

Sadio and Mo are both world class still, but both are far from being on it. Bobby is playing well, but has never been prolific. His skill is nearly creating the space for the other two. Seems strange to say this, because we have scored a lot this season, but it doesn't seem flowing like the past few seasons. Jota nearly papered over some frustrating games by getting us over the line.

I do wonder do we cash in on one of them this summer. It does seem that they don't like each other that much and selling say Mo, would probably pay for Sancho and and someone like Botman. Team spirit is the bible in this team and both have had little strops. The shit with Gini needs to end. Give him his well deserved contract. A cracking player and a great lad.

I've been saying for a while United are a big threat, but if they lose Fernandes for a few weeks they are in big trouble. A good manager like Nuno showed last night how to play against them and yeah they got the win, but if other teams take notice they will drop points. Cavani will get them a lot of points and is a big worry in fairness and Rashford is a top player. I'd be confident Villa could do a number on them in a few days if Grealish has one of his special days though.

No game feels easy right now but at least it's one less away game out of the way and if we can beat a good Southampton team in a few days, it's another away game out of the way and a nice start to the year.

• Upvote 1