You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) Premier League - 30/12/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Embarrassing again.  I hope the rest of the league is as shit as the Premier league or else the CL is going to be a horrific watch.  

Absolute joke we've give James milner 120k a week in this state but we've not got our best midfielder signed up. 

Truth is the hunger is gone and we've run a small squad into the ground.  We've seen the best of this team now. The lack of investment biting in the arse. 

Funny how Mike Ashley can afford a decent back up keeper but the cunts with red specs on tell me thats impossible. 

Exactly. The league win came in spite of our owners parsimony. They're fucking accountable here, the tight cunts.

Proper Brexit managers with massive swedes seem to be our kryptonite at the moment.

We could win that 4 or 5 on another day. 

Thiago looked a class above in his brief time on the pitch. Nat Phillips defends alright, but he's a dog of a player with the ball. 

We need Jota back. We need to take our chances. We need another top class forward? 

17 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I also wonder if the likes of Mane, Firmino, are being affected by whatever the situation is with Mo? Just thinking out loud. Finishing hasn’t been this poor for ages.

Our finishing last season was terrible. The amount of games we won by 1 goal was unsustainable and we're paying for not having the means to defend leads anymore.  Salah had 2 glorious chances tonight. Profligate and not ruthless enough in both boxes in to many games this season. Wrong team started tonight. Should've went ox for 60 at least. Midfield offered fuck all. What a fucking Xmas. Ba fucking humbug indeed

Dogshite performance - some attitude problems in this team now i think, thinking they can just turn up and roll over teams without really being at it.

The hunger and desire of last season just isn't there, the belief in finding a way and nicking games that are tight isn't as high.

We edged a lot of tight games last season - we are now drawing those games.

Another abysmal result against dross.

Soton away and Man Utd next two - can't see us getting much from them without major improvement.

Spurs away after that too - another tough game.

Looking pretty grim at mo. 

Incredible how can go to Palace and look great and then turn in back to back performances like this last two against terrible teams. 

Too many players just too casual....play generally too slow, and then too many either underhit or overhit balls at crucial moment as well as poor/heavy touches. 

Our play is bitty and has no flow to it and shite teams are getting too comfortable at setting up to frustrate us and keep us at bay. 

Poor - they need a big kick up the arse, because they just aren't at it right now.

Failed to beat 4 of the bottom 6 according to the commentator.

Strikes me that we’re going to see a lot more of this kind of draw from teams who can put a lot of effort into defending deep because they’re shite at attacking. 
Not like we didn't create opportunities, we did, but too many poor passes when it mattered, not shooting enough and missing some excellent chances gets you a point and not three whether you think you deserve them or not.

Golden opportunity wasted in these last two games to open up a gap.

Should’ve won this obviously, but too many  players put in a weak performance. 

Bobby, Robertson, Alisson and Fabinho played well, the rest well below par.

Good news is Trent looked a bit better second half. And Thiago showed that he’s a massive massive upgrade to our midfield. Won 5 important headers the minutes he played, and played two or three key passes through the lines.

I get the impression it’s not allowed to be critical of Henderson any more, but fuck does he piss me off sometimes in matches against the lower half teams. Looking at him and Nat Phillips play it back and forth between each other in extra time didnt exactly get me on my feet.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

How can we bang in 7 against Palace and be so clueless in front of goal here. Just not good enough

Teams know they can stick 10 men behind the ball and we'll do our best impersonation of quadruple amputees trying to crack open a coconut.

We're knocking it around likes its a testimonial.

Just not good enough im afraid, it's starting to remind me of 2009. Death by a thousand draws.

We need a re-think. Klopp needs to be bolder with his substitutions, he's spent enough time crying about wanting 5 subs but he's reluctant to use the 3 he's got.   That Shaqiri one was totally pointless, the same as the Origi one against WBA.

Everyone needs to wake the fcuk up about the league this year, it's not a Liverpool/City two horse race, theres a whole bunch of teams that can win this thing. Top 4 for us is far from guarenteed at this stage. We need to pull our fcuking fingers out.

Three really clear chances, never going to score tonight, not clinical plus their gk motm. Not happy but better than WBA. 

Thought if Mane goes down when they cleared off the line the ref would have had a decision not to make, as the gk grabs him, but again don't go down defenders can do anything. 

Thought Thiago looked class when he came on. 

Despite the shite that will be spoken, this game Allison had one save to make, last game Allison had one save to make plus set piece goal. That will happen, where we are struggling is offensively, but tonight we created. 

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's largely on Salah today. As bad as we were, we created two chances where he saw the keeper's eyes, and he fluffed them. 

If you want to lead the line, take the pens and get the plaudits then you need to be converting those big chances, peak Owen or Torres style.

He scores more than those two cunts ever did. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Mane and Salah especially need a stern talking to...disgracefully shite performances. Fucking regularly make mediocre defenders seem like Maldini and Cafu.

Mané was good, he tried and was lively, Salah and Bobby missed sitters.

Why isn’t Bobby playing more like a number 9.he keeps playing away from the box !