You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Best/Worst of 2020

Mook

Best Film - Slim pickings this year, probably have to go with The Invisible Man
Best TV Programme - ZeroZeroZero
Best Album - Haven’t listened to much new stuff this year, er, McCartney III as I’ve got that on now
Fittest Bird - Forum favourite Rita Ora
Fittest Bloke - Me
Best Moment - Number 19
Worst Moment - Losing one of my dogs

Best TLW Moment - I’ll echo what others have said about Dr Nowt, CD, Elite etc... we’ve all survived another year and that’s the only thing that matters really

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Interesting how many of us have remarked how poor films have been in 2020.

I've remarked many times on how franchises and green screens and guaranteed money money money-spinners are choking the life out of fresh original quality drama.

I was about to reply and say its actually been one of the better years of the last 10 for films then I realised JoJo Rabbit and Peanut Butter Falcon were 2019. 

Netflix are churning out movies at a fast rate. Some are decent enough but some are a waste of time. 

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was about to reply and say its actually been one of the better years of the last 10 for films then I realised JoJo Rabbit and Peanut Butter Falcon were 2019. 

Netflix are churning out movies at a fast rate. Some are decent enough but some are a waste of time. 

Most of the best films I've seen this year are foreign language films which were released over the past few years.

Capernaum, Portrait of a Lady On Fire, Mustang, Parasite.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Most of the best films I’ve seen this year were released over fifty years ago.

The amount of films I've watched that were made in the last 40 years would be about 20 tops, never seen a blockbuster nor do I want to. 

Apart from the unfortunate time I had to see Titanic. Mainly more obscure ones and quite a few Cohen Bros. 

On 27/12/2020 at 10:52, Mook said:

Best Film - Jojo Rabbit
Best TV Programme - Dunno. Maybe Brave New World. 
Best Album - Rough & Rowdy Ways
Fittest Bird - Tony's Ma. Or Lenina off Brave New World 
Fittest Bloke - Me
Best Moment - the Hendo Shuffle.
Worst Moment - Covid-19 letting twats like Johnson, Trump & Bolsonaro survive.

Best TLW Moment - The diamond-art Rock.

Hardly anybody joined in last year but I'm bored so here it is anyway.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Watched A Fish Called Wanda this afternoon. Probably the best film I've seen this year.

Did actually watch Tenet at the cinema. It was a steaming heap of shite.

I’ve put Tenet on three times and fallen asleep on the couch inside half an hour each time. It’s better than Diazepam. 

Most of its not specific to this year, but based on when I first clapped eyes or ears on them;

Best Film :Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri 
Best TV Programme :Chernobyl series 
Best Album: Dreamland (Glass Animals album)
Fittest Bird: Alison Brie
Fittest Bloke: VVD
Best Moment: Title 19
Worst Moment: Covid 19

Best TLW Moment: The one night of the year where nobody kicked off with anyone when number 19 was secured. 

23 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Best Film - Slim pickings this year, probably have to go with The Invisible Man
Best TV Programme - ZeroZeroZero
Best Album - Haven’t listened to much new stuff this year, er, McCartney III as I’ve got that on now
Fittest Bird - Forum favourite Rita Ora
Fittest Bloke - Me
Best Moment - Number 19
Worst Moment - Losing one of my dogs

Best TLW Moment - I’ll echo what others have said about Dr Nowt, CD, Elite etc... we’ve all survived another year and that’s the only thing that matters really

Actually I’ll swap the best TV programme for John King on CNN the night of, and days after, the US election. Best telly I’ve watched all year by a mile. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Actually I’ll swap the best TV programme for John King on CNN the night of, and days after, the US election. Best telly I’ve watched all year by a mile. 

CNN's coverage of Trump making a speech at the White House then going for a photo shoot at a church - shown in split-screen with State goons tear-gassing and beating peaceful protestors - was a stunning piece of TV journalism. 

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

CNN's coverage of Trump making a speech at the White House then going for a photo shoot at a church - shown in split-screen with State goons tear-gassing and beating peaceful protestors - was a stunning piece of TV journalism. 

Sounds like the closing scene from The Godfather. I'm sure that was their angle too.

23 hours ago, easytoslip said:

The amount of films I've watched that were made in the last 40 years would be about 20 tops, never seen a blockbuster nor do I want to. 

Apart from the unfortunate time I had to see Titanic. Mainly more obscure ones and quite a few Cohen Bros. 

You've seen Titanic more than me.