You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Dec 19-25 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Saturday Dec 19:

Palace 0 L 7  Holy shit! Well that was fun. Having a game won by half time is something I could defo get used to. It’s nice to just be able to sit back and watch us win an away game with no drama, no VAR, no stress, just some sensational goals. The finishing today was unreal, especially Bobby’s two.

Those were just glorious goals. The skill and technique to pull those off was just different level. He’s back now. He’s been steadily getting there for the last few weeks but he’s defo there now as you don’t score goals like that unless you’re right on it. If Jota was fit right now who would you leave out? 

I think I’d have to pick all four even though that doesn’t really work as well as 4-3-3. It’s not even as though rotation is an option as any time Sadio or Mo aren’t on the field they’re throwing toys out of the pram! Sadio’s reaction today was just hilarious. Angry Sadio is funny because it’s so out of character that it’s hard to take him seriously.

He saw his arse big time today because he was brought off earlier than he’d been told. Then you’ve got Mo who wants to play every minute of every game and take every penalty and set-piece because he’s obsessed with the Golden Boot. When Jota is back I reckon we’re going to have one angry forward every week. There are worse problems to have though and I’m sure Klopp doesn’t give a fuck if one of them has a titty lip. 

Also today, we had some weird shit involving Mo and an interview with the Spanish press. I say weird not just because of what he said, but because of who he was saying it to. He doesn’t do many interviews and when he does he usually goes with the likes of CNN as it’s a global thing and raises his profile around the world. 

Why is he talking to AS though? There will be a reason for it as he doesn’t do things like this on a whim. He flirted a little with Real and Barca but it seemed more polite than anything else “both huge clubs, you never know what might happen one day” that kind of thing.

He also said he wants to break every record there is at Liverpool though, so it’s not like he’s agitating for a move. It’s just really strange, and that shit he said about nit getting the captaincy last week was utterly bizarre. Trent is the longest serving player so he got it. That’s how it works under Klopp. Whenever the regular captains aren’t playing it goes on length of service.

If Mo doesn’t like it, tough shit. It’s weird really because I couldn’t be any more relaxed about this situation. If he is getting itchy feet and fancies a move, I’m not bothered. If he wants to stay here for years, great. 

Whatever happens is fine with me as the club will be just fine whatever happens. This isn’t like whenever the prospect of Suarez leaving came up and I’d be terrified and devastated in equal measure because I knew we’d be fucked without him. If Mo leaves, it’ll be his loss, not ours. Which is why I don’t think he has any interest in moving on as he knows what a great thing he has going on here.

Sunday Dec 20:

Do we reckon this Mo situation is about him wanting another new contract? And by that, I mean a pay rise? He said something about wanting to stay and break records but that it’s up to the club. And the fact he even agreed to an interview to begin with tells me he’s after something. This is it you know, he wants a pay rise.

Nothing else really makes sense. Why would you want to leave the best team int he world when you’re a key member of it? And why would you want to join Barca (skint and in transition) or Real (skint and shite) at this moment? In the past, sure, I get it. The idea of having Barca or Real on the CV is appealing, but going there now is a huge step down if you’re playing for us.

So I don’t think he wants to leave. I think he’s using their ‘interest’ as leverage to get a pay rise. But fuck that. He signed a deal not long ago making him the top earner and he’s got three or four years left on it. So if we tell him ‘no’ what’s he gonna do? Fuck all.

If anyone is getting a pay rise it should be Gini.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

I never have dreams or if I do I never remember them. Last night I did though and it was a belter. I was part of the squad and we were walking off the field after training...”

Imagine the shit you’d get off your mum if you were part of the squad. 

I reckon Lallana would get an easier ride than you Cruyff turning your way into trouble. 

• Upvote 5

I don’t like Coady but no way is Slab Head better than him, and at least Coady hasn’t kicked off on Greek police. Yet.

I’m annoyed by this but I’m not sure why. It just seems a bit arrogant and condescending, albeit unintentionally. Alisson should post a photo on Insta of him and Divock drinking the bottles while wearing their CL medals. 

Mo would have a titty lip because he wasn’t involved.

• Upvote 1

I reckon we've already started replacing the front 3 with Jota. Another will follow this summer and the third probably the summer after, if that isn't Elliott (I think he'll be part of of squad by then but not a starter).

We'll be selling Origi, Shaqiri and Minamino to make way before any of the current front 3 though, hopefully. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tlw content said:

and I can’t run for more than about 30 seconds

30 seconds? In the years we played tlw footy tonight, I didn't see you run once. Except in the opposite direction when Woo was collecting subs. And even then it was like some hippo getting out of a muddy swamp. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic