You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson: Henderson is guaranteed to have a statue outside Anfield

TLW

Roy Hodgson has lavished high praise on Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson saying his legacy is assured and that he will be honoured with a statue outside Anfield one day.

Henderson produced another outstanding performance in Liverpool’s thumping 7-0 win against Crystal Palace topped off by a exquisite strike which was his first of the season.

One man who has watched his development with interest is Palace manager Roy Hodgson who could not be happier to see the player he has become as the Echo reported:

“He's an exceptional player, one who works exceptionally hard at his game and one who has got consistently better,"

“In 2012, when he'd just moved to Liverpool, we took him with us for his first England trip in the Euros to Poland and Ukraine. He was a very different player to the one he is today.

“He's worked so hard on his game to become the lead figure at that club. He works hard on his game technically and tactically as well.”

henderson5_600.jpg

Henderson is among six nominations for the BBC Sports Personality of the year that will be revealed this evening and the veteran manager had no doubt who had his vote and how he should be regarded once his career is over.

"I tend always to vote for football people because that's my world and I know the people in football, so I'm pleased he's nominated and I wish him all the best for that.

"Certainly a lot in his life will be of a very high standard at the moment in terms of his satisfaction because to lead Liverpool to their first trophy after so many years and to do it in such spectacular fashion, that's already guaranteed his statue outside Anfield one day."

View full article

Very nice thought.

It's an interesting one. I think it might actually be impossible to get a statute outside Anfield now; Shankly, Paisley gates, SKD stand. I can't see people matching that level of achievement. We had a scouse captain who spent his entire career here and spearheaded the greatest comeback in football history, but nobody thinks he should have a statute.

Going to be a hard sell for anyone else.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

Gerrard is first in line then Klopp and then Hendo if anything ever gets made.

Origi as well. 

We should have more statues around the ground though - Kenny, Rush, Barnes, Houllier etc etc.

Going to Anfield should be like entering a Coliseum for Gladiators.

• Upvote 2

Something like this would be excellent. There are loads of great photos which a statue could be based on. Hell, do a composite of the players from 77, 78, 81 and 84 all celebrating if you like (I’d exclude 05 and 19 because those were entirely separate sides whereas multiple players appeared in two or three of that initial burst of finals, and Phil Neal played in all four). 
It also means sone immortality for the likes of Fagan and Evans. 

B04D22FB-080F-4A0C-BC38-1ADFA4E2C023.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Something like this would be excellent. There are loads of great photos which a statue could be based on. Hell, do a composite of the players from 77, 78, 81 and 84 all celebrating if you like (I’d exclude 05 and 19 because those were entirely separate sides whereas multiple players appeared in two or three of that initial burst of finals, and Phil Neal played in all four). 
It also means sone immortality for the likes of Fagan and Evans. 

B04D22FB-080F-4A0C-BC38-1ADFA4E2C023.jpeg

What a picture! Quite poignant now that Bugsy and Michael Robbo have gone!

Reserve it for European cup winning managers & Kenny & Gerrard.

Also, pay for two giant gold plated statues of Moores & Parry on either end of Sir Matt Busby Way, just to let the Manc cunts know exactly who is responsible for their success.

"What's Google," should be Moores's epitaph.