You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom (H) - Premier League - 27/12/2020 - 16:30

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Stop devaluing a team that executed their game plan better than ours. It doesn't make you look smart just because the means weren't pretty.

Happy to help.

There's no game plan to value. They spent most of the match refusing to play football and hoping that they'd get lucky. Sure enough they did get lucky, but that's all it was: luck.

• Upvote 7

Ox taking grief here is madness.  Just the usual suspects using the result as an excuse.  He was hardly on the pitch and was causing them problems when he was on.  Salah was an absolute joke all game.  Mane wasn’t much better.  The attacks broke down because of them two nearly every single time.  Their attitude to each other stinks and needs dealing with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Agreed, it’s one of those refereeing performances with no fucking clangers in there so it won’t get pulled up on MOTD... 

Zackly. It doesn't need any clangers. It needs 10%. The little decisions swing a match and pass by unnoticed. The mark of a true Kevin Friend. 

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's no game plan to value. They spent most of the match refusing to play football and hoping that they'd get lucky. Sure enough they did get lucky, but that's all it was: luck.

Congrats. We won the "we played the less shit football in the game" trophy. Meanwhile, another crap side took 2 points from us.

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

AOC gave the ball away a few times but he was at least picking up the ball and driving it forward and he put in a perfect cross for Bobby , so not sure how he is copping stick for this one.

ps Still not sure why there has been no discussion of how Ajayi looks offside with two others for his goal.

And he was only on for what 14 minutes? Its a laugh how some people want to slate Ox just for stepping on the pitch when the marquee players like Mo, Trent and Gini didnt do much in the 90 minutes they played.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah, I've never understood how 'not playing football' was regarded as a footballing tactic.

If you saw a boxer cover his face for the entire match and not throw a punch I'm sure you'd want your 20 quid back.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Ox taking grief here is madness.  Just the usual suspects using the result as an excuse.  He was hardly on the pitch and was causing them problems when he was on.  Salah was an absolute joke all game.  Mane wasn’t much better.  The attacks broke down because of them two nearly every single time.  Their attitude to each other stinks and needs dealing with.

Yep, Ox offered more intensity and drive in the few minutes he was on than Gini or Jones.

I think there were quite a few poor performances to be criticised but jumping on Ox for today should be among the lowest on the list.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's strange that Big Sam has been lucky four times in a row at Anfield though, isnt it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think we did not respect them, West Brom played better than us in the second half, they deserved their draw.

I still don’t understand how Salah stayed on the pitch, he was abysmal. 

Klopp fucked up , we were poor, we were lost, he made no substitutions, it could have helped .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Congrats. We won the "we played the less shit football in the game" trophy. Meanwhile, another crap side took 2 points from us.

I'm not claiming any great victory here. I'm just pointing out that it is obviously absurd to describe anything about that shit show as a "masterclass" because one team were lucky enough to avoid the defeat their efforts deserved.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah, I've never understood how 'not playing football' was regarded as a footballing tactic.

If you saw a boxer cover his face for the entire match and not throw a punch I'm sure you'd want your 20 quid back.

Stacksy wouldn’t.  He'd call it a masterclass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm not claiming any great victory here. I'm just pointing out that it is obviously absurd to describe anything about that shit show as a "masterclass" because one team were lucky enough to avoid the defeat their efforts deserved.

They had good chances in the second half. They were not lucky in the second half.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'd be disappointed he didn't get brain damage 

Just now, Arnaud said:

I think we did not respect them, West Brom played better than us in the second half, they deserved their draw.

I still don’t understand how Salah stayed on the pitch, he was abysmal. 

Klopp fucked up , we were poor, we were lost, he made no substitutions, it could have helped .

The first seven words in a nutshell, and its a bit worrying in that we didnt do this last season but there have been whiffs of it in several games this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Yep, Ox offered more intensity and drive in the few minutes he was on than Gini or Jones.

I think there were quite a few poor performances to be criticised but jumping on Ox for today should be among the lowest on the list.

There were a lot of poor performances tbh. I like Ox, but sometimes you need to lay the ball off or pass the fucking thing instead of running into cul de sacs and losing possession when time is running out.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats on the boss that. The amount of space Robbo had in that second half was ridiculous. Shaq should have come on not the ox.. Salah was woeful. Bobby, Robbo and Allison turned up. The rest were dire. 

4 points clear. I'd have taken that a month ago. 

Agree 

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

There were a lot of poor performances tbh. I like Ox, but sometimes you need to lay the ball off or pass the fucking thing instead of running into cul de sacs and losing possession when time is running out.

That would 8nvolve having your head up and knowing what's going on around you.  Which never has nor ever will with him cause he's a shite footballer with zero intelligence.