You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom (H) - Premier League - 27/12/2020 - 16:30

Bjornebye

On 28/12/2020 at 03:28, Herp McDerp said:

Eh no one's getting to me, I've just got PTSD from years of underperformance and death by a thousand drawn matches. Will take more than 1 league title to negate all that trauma. On the plus side I can't see any team (ourselves included) hitting the 90 point mark this season so we really just need to keep within touching distance of City until April, a draw here and there shouldn't be too damaging so long as we make up for it against the other "contenders".

Same here.

As a few have said, last year we were playing similar but getting over the line, this year we are not get that bit of luck/honesty. 

Everton 91st minute winner, VAR

Brighton, 93rd minute penalty, VAR

WBA, 89th minute header from Bobby, fingertip save. 

That goes in and we would have been saying, performance is irrelevant against shite like that, 3 points and move on. 

I know if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle but it is the fine margins and at the moment we are the wrong side of these margins, we need that to change. 

An issue for me is the injuries (obvious I know), but not in the team put out but in relation to the rest the players can not have, that is what the "experts" seem to be ignoring and it really pisses me off. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Same here.

As a few have said, last year we were playing similar but getting over the line, this year we are not get that bit of luck/honesty. 

Everton 91st minute winner, VAR

Brighton, 93rd minute penalty, VAR

WBA, 89th minute header from Bobby, fingertip save. 

That goes in and we would have been saying, performance is irrelevant against shite like that, 3 points and move on. 

I know if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle but it is the fine margins and at the moment we are the wrong side of these margins, we need that to change. 

An issue for me is the injuries (obvious I know), but not in the team put out but in relation to the rest the players can not have, that is what the "experts" seem to be ignoring and it really pisses me off. 

Everton match was a shocker, but only being one goal up against a dogshit Brighton side was more down to a sub par performance than anything else. And I doubt you'll find anyone defending the performance against WBA, not even Klopp could do it.

The biggest issue for me is the lackadaisical approach against most of the shit teams. If we'd gone into the West Brom game and gave even 80% of the effort we put in against Crystal Palace we'd have battered them. I don't know why we couldn't do that.

7 hours ago, Caramac said:

FDn7S5i.gif

6 hours ago, Caramac said:

Yes Rhys got done for pace but the way Alisson get into position and adjusts his feet to make the save is top class.

It's so good having a proper goalkeeper, at the time he made that break I had no doubt whatsoever that he would save it anyway. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

To be fair to Williams that lad was like a whippet , more surprised that we didn't move the backline back 10 yards when he had to come on as even though Matip is no quicker he is 10 years cleverer in his play and doesn't get exposed like that.

Spot on Roger. Pace isnt an asset young Rhys or Nat have. There again, Sami wasnt the quickest and it didnt do his carerr any harm.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Nice belittling of a young player on account he’s not as fast as Virgil. And from those 4 seconds of footage drawing sweeping conclusions.
Great work lads.

Yeah, it was odd. It's as much about positioning and anticipation, ie experience. How dare he!