You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom (H) - Premier League - 27/12/2020 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Fucking tippy tappy shit. Said to my wife we need a second from the 30th on or they'll score. Everyone who's followed usfor the last umpteen years knew that was the way it would go. 

Ridiculous fucking performance. Just keep the fucking ball and let them come for it, but nooo lets just give them a shitload of throws and corners for them to get at. And then subbing on Origi for Firmino at the end instead of pulling a midfielder was just the icing on the cake. Well fucking done. 

That was a bit shite. We seemed to lack the ideas to break them down. And it was all a bit flat and slow. 

Curtis Jones is going to be a player, but the way he gave that corner away was shite. 

We seemed to play like we thought 1-nil would be enough then just didn't have that bit extra when we realised it wouldn't be. 

Still top. It's not the end of the world, but we need to stop dropping points cheaply. 

• Upvote 1

Fuck me, that was a terrible performance. Got about the result we deserved.

Seemed to think the game would win itself, there was absolutely no energy or tempo in the last 60 minutes. A lot of very poor performances, I thought Salah, Trent, Jones and Henderson were the worst. 

Robertson, Mane and Alisson probably our better players.

On 19/12/2020 at 15:06, Trumo said:

The game against the Baggies at Anfield sees Fat Sam come to town to try and shut up shop once again. His teams rely on us having a bad day as well as referees being jobsworths and breaking the game up to deny us any momentum, in order to get something. If we overcome the possibility of that, we can ragdoll the fuck out of them, boing boing them out of town and send Fat Sam to wallow with his pint of wine and yard of gravy. Just be ruthless like against Palace.

And so it turned out. We usually see this kind of shit at Anfield against one of the LMA brigade at east once a year. The games follow the same pattern of us taking the lead but not having enough momentum or creativity to really blow them away. The game becomes scrappy as the (shit) ref takes centre stage, and then we get sucker-punched by a set-piece. If Fat Sam is the manager, the dickheads in the media (that's pretty much all of them then) hail it as a tactical masterclass.

• Upvote 1

That second half must be the worst second half at Anfield with our full team in 5 years. We've been waiting for young players to make mistakes and curtis made one to give the corner away. Yes we should defended it better but the only way they were scoring is from a set piece. 

Our senior attackers also left us down badly. Too slow and zero attempts at goal until the last min with bobbys header. 

Is an absolute kick into the balls and yet another draw that's helping the pack close behind. 

We won 15 games last season by a single goal. We've now drawn 4 against teams we should be beating. That's 8 points we're down on last year. 

Fuck me that was atrocious. 

Need 2 centre backs at least next week with pace so we can keep playing our high line.  

Happy Christmas lads. At least we didn't lose. Small mercies eh. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

We have a mental block against the worst teams in the league now. No question about it. There's a misplaced arrogance and lack of humility.

I agree. We’ve entered a lot of games this season with the wrong mentality. We prove our potential against the better teams, but face the weaker ones with complacency. It’s cost us a lot of points so far.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

It doesn't matter. They executed their shitty tactics better than we did our own

Point out where I said we played well. We didn’t. I’m just saying that, as poor as we were, they were shit and created one chance and one half chance, yet that’s somehow a tactical masterclass? Digging in deep?

One more goes in in the first half and it’s a bumming. That’s on us, not on gravypot’s “science” approach.