You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Dec 12-18 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Saturday Dec 12:

Browsing youtube today and came across a Milner piece with the BBC. It’s one of those quick fire things where he’s given multiple choice answers and needs to pick one. He’s always good value with stuff like this so I was excited that I found it and settled down to watch.

And then, my heart was ripped out of my chest. Why? I’ll tell you. He uttered the worst words in the English language - “I don’t mind a bit of Ed Sheeran”. You know that scene in Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd finds out Harry has been secretly seeing Mary Swanson? That was me when I heard Milner say that.

In fact, let me find the clip. No, not Milner saying that. I’m not subjecting you to it too, I wouldn’t do that. I mean the Dumb and Dumber one…. here it is….

Sunday Dec 13:

Fulham 1 L 1 Well that was shit. I’m not sure why as most of the team had the night off the other night or only played for a short time. We looked leggy and flat though to begin with and Fulham ran all over us. All the teams that played in Europe were shit this weekend and that can’t be a co-incidence.

You know what this looked like? A 12.30 kick off. Except it wasn’t, it was a later kick off. Our away record isn’t good this season and while there are some extenuating factors behind that (getting screwed out of four points by VAR for one thing) there is a massive difference in performances at Anfield compared to away.

In the past we’ve always put it down to the fans. Anfield is easier because of our crowd, away games are tougher because the opponent gets a lift from their crowd. Not just us, it’s always been viewed like that across the board. Home advantage, tricky away game etc

But there aren’t any fans (at least there weren’t until last week, and even then it was only 2,000) and it’s still exactly the same. We’ve been sensational at Anfield but not so good away. It’s a strange phenomenon. I don’t have an explanation, I just thought it was interesting.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
1 hour ago, tlw content said:

...the pecking order is surely Hendo, Gini, Thiago, Curtinho, Milner, Ox, me, me mum (rest in peace), Usher's mum, my dead cat Barbie, a pile of leaves I just swept up from behind the shed, Usher, Naby.

Fixed that for you. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic