You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Dec 12-17 2020)

tlw content

Hectic week with loads to get through, so I’ll get stuck right in. Things went pretty well for us on the whole considering that bad result and performance at Fulham. Even after dropping two points there we’ve still done better than all the other clubs at the top.

City had two draws, Spurs had a draw and a loss, Chelsea had two defeats, Leicester lost a game and Southampton were held to an embarrassing draw by lowly Arsenal. The only side to do better than us were the Blues who have won two on the spin. In other words, that’s two more away from them flooding itunes again. Maybe they’ll have the Christmas number one this year?

I’ll start with their win over Chelsea. They’ve been without that Rodriguez tit and it’s not a co-incidence that they’ve done better without him. He’s a talent but he’s one lazy cunt him. His replacement is Iwobi, who’s shite but will at least set foot in his own half of the field and help out his full back.

Chelsea continue to be less than the sum of their parts and for that you’ve got to give credit to Fat Frank. It takes a special kind of ineptitude to have so many class players and still not be very good.

That new keeper had been good up until this week but he’s been ropey these past couple of games. He gave away a penalty at Goodison when he came out and clattered Calvert-Lewin. Just really poor that. It looked like he was there in time and could have gathered the ball but then he hesitated, allowed the striker to get a toe to it and then he wiped him out. 

Good play by Calvert-Lewin though in fairness. He won the initial header and then chased after it. He’s a handful him, because he battles for everything and he loves a flop to win a free-kick or pen. He’s a Poundland Harry Kane except unlike Kane he can only score from inside the six yard box.

Gylffi Fernandez converted the spot kick after a little stutter (they even have that in common) and that was enough. Chelsea did have chances and Reece James and Mason Mount both hit the post, while Mount also clipped one inches over after Pickford had gone walkabout yet again. 

Pickford also nearly knocked Mina into the middle of next week when he came flying out and smashed into him. He’s a little too fond of endangering centre halves for my liking, but as long as it’s his own and not the oppositions then that’s fine.

The Blues thought they’d won another penalty late on when Calvert-Lewin ran into Chilwell and then hit the deck. It was never a foul in a million years as it was shoulder to shoulder and there was fuck all else Chilwell could have done, but thankfully justice was served as VAR ruled that he was offside anyway.

Final thought on this one. There are no words to express how much I despise Richarlison. Diving, dirty, ugly, shit haircut, fucking cheating cunt.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

"We’ve got our work cut out with them this weekend"

I hate to rip off my boy, alles ist gut, but this is top, top reverse mockering, Dave. Maybe throw 1 a week in for good measure?

Loved the Keane and Richards being likened to an 80's cop duo. Had me proper laughing that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 19/12/2020 at 20:55, TheBitch said:

"We’ve got our work cut out with them this weekend"

I hate to rip off my boy, alles ist gut, but this is top, top reverse mockering, Dave. Maybe throw 1 a week in for good measure?

Loved the Keane and Richards being likened to an 80's cop duo. Had me proper laughing that.

I have been. I've bigged up the likes of Wolves and Leicester before we played them too. Tried and trusted method.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic