You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

7 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I'm not sure, I thought he mumbled and slurred a number of words in his speech the other day. He's done it a lot over the campaign as well. But, I'd imagine part of that would factor in tiredness. It can't be easy. Even if he was 42 like me. I don't think he is Reagan levels though. Not yet, and I don't think you would see that anyway.

I personally don't understand how a man in his 70's can be elected run any country the size of the US or even the UK.  

No doubt that I will take the calming influence he should bring over there, but I reckon he'll be moved on in about 6-8 months and Harris takes over. In that short time I expect him to start reigning the Tories in piling the pressure on Boris. Where I think he will go too, just not sure how. Whether he is pushed or loses in an ill-advised GE. 

Then, and while I am not 100% sold on Harris, I am more sold on her than Hilary. By miles. She will take over. The Loons will say she didn't earn the right to be President because she never got voted in, but so what? A woman President of The United States of America will be a great thing for the world over, and I am all for it. 

As Howie has already pointed out, the guy has always suffered from a stutter, so when he mumbles his words up it’s nothing to do with age.

We’d all be happily retired and sitting off watching Homes Under the Hammer in our late 70’s yet there he is, taking on a pandemic and crumbling economy.

I think that’s fucking great to be honest.

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

We’d all be happily retired and sitting off watching Homes Under the Hammer in our late 70’s yet there he is, taking on a pandemic and crumbling economy.

I googled Homes Under the Hammer and I don't like the look of it. So I'll instead imagine that I'm more likely to be listening to techno and destroying a pc that's trying to run a bug-riddled Cyberpunk 3099 at 24k resolution and 200fps whilst trying to avoid dribbling Baileys all over the keyboard and pissing myself.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I googled Homes Under the Hammer and I don't like the look of it. So I'll instead imagine that I'm more likely to be listening to techno and destroying a pc that's trying to run a bug-riddled Cyberpunk 3099 at 24k resolution and 200fps whilst trying to avoid dribbling Baileys all over the keyboard and pissing myself.

Haha.

6 hours ago, Brownie said:

As Howie has already pointed out, the guy has always suffered from a stutter, so when he mumbles his words up it’s nothing to do with age.

I think that’s fucking great to be honest.

As I said to Howie this wasn't stuttering. 

I see the Dems have already rapidly backtracked on the pre Georgia pledge of 2000 dollars Covid cheques immediately.

They rapidly reduced it down to 1400 dollars now. Rather than force it through now, when it would only require 51 votes, it looks likes it won't get voted on until March and will need 61 votes, so won't pass. 

Also seems like the first major policy will be on immigration, which will be a great way to unite a divided Rep party.

No doubt when it doesn't get through they can blame the nasty Republican party, which is the important thing.

They ran adverts in Georgia which basically said, vote for us and get a 2000 dollar cheque. 

10 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I see the Dems have already rapidly backtracked on the pre Georgia pledge of 2000 dollars Covid cheques immediately.

They rapidly reduced it down to 1400 dollars now. Rather than force it through now, when it would only require 51 votes, it looks likes it won't get voted on until March and will need 61 votes, so won't pass. 

Also seems like the first major policy will be on immigration, which will be a great way to unite a divided Rep party.

No doubt when it doesn't get through they can blame the nasty Republican party, which is the important thing.

They ran adverts in Georgia which basically said, vote for us and get a 2000 dollar cheque. 

I think it’s supposed to be the 600 that was already approved plus a further 1400 to mKe it up to 2000

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought his speech was great, so refreshing after the shite we've had for the last 4 years from the psycopathic cunt. 

I couldn't understand it, a very broad irish accent. 

It was a breath of fresh air but i'll form my opinion of him in a few years. For now ill just enjoy the mad cunt gone.

11 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

I think it’s supposed to be the 600 that was already approved plus a further 1400 to mKe it up to 2000

That is how they are conveniently selling it now. Funny how that was never emphasized during the campaign. 

It is possible to give them the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/01/04/bidens-final-pitch-to-georgia-vote-blue-and-2000-checks-will-go-out-the-door-immediately/

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is a stutterer - done alot to overcome it speaking in public.

Yeah, I think Obama and Clinton spoiled people with the fact they're good orators, I don't think it should be a prerequisite for the job. Lincoln could have been Gareth Gates for all we know, maybe that's why he got shot, someone simply lost patience.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Rand Paul? The Rand Paul that just tried to get Trump's impeachment thrown out? Fucking hell.

Yep, the guy in the video that's speaking about it points out several times how insane it is too that it's Rand Paul making sense on this subject. He can be a complete idiot on some things and right on others.