You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

25 minutes ago, Em City said:

Do you ever have any sources that aren't just Twitter cranks?

Nope, just twitter. It's the only site I've ever linked on here! Didn't Dems blame those things? Is it wrong?

I could easily be in this thread linking stuff every week but I've chosen not to, the arguing on this forum really gets tiring at times. It was mainly an image that made me laugh that's all.

I don't think inflation in the US is all the Dems/Biden's fault either, they could surely have lessened it a bit though if they'd been more focused on it as it became more of a problem.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

By whom?

DeSantis will be the candidate - unless Don bends the knee to the mighty Ronny D and gives him the VP.

The most realistic outcome is Trump does not get prosecuted, loses the primary, pretends he didn't lose the primary and runs as an Indy.

NY times poll from earlier this week: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/us0722-crosstabs-nyt071222/0f9f399b059138f9/full.pdf

Trump at 49%; DeSantis at 25 and Cruz at 7.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

His mannerisms and speaking style are without parallel. We're lucky to have so much of it on video, because nobody would believe it otherwise.

55 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Nope, just twitter. It's the only site I've ever linked on here! Didn't Dems blame those things? Is it wrong?

I could easily be in this thread linking stuff every week but I've chosen not to, the arguing on this forum really gets tiring at times. It was mainly an image that made me laugh that's all.

I don't think inflation in the US is all the Dems/Biden's fault either, they could surely have lessened it a bit though if they'd been more focused on it as it became more of a problem.

Lessened it how? What policies could they have enacted to prevent the near uniform inflation afflicting every major nation across the world? I'm genuinely curious.

It's almost as bizarre as you linking the Biden admin to the rise in gas prices which was a rather strange line to take for a supposed Green Party supporter. Those same prices have steadily fallen but I'm guessing there'll be nothing said about that.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Lessened it how? What policies could they have enacted to prevent the near uniform inflation afflicting every major nation across the world? I'm genuinely curious.

It's almost as bizarre as you linking the Biden admin to the rise in gas prices which was a rather strange line to take for a supposed Green Party supporter. Those same prices have steadily fallen but I'm guessing there'll be nothing said about that.

I didn't even know gas prices had fallen, that's good and hopefully it carries on. And I'm not an expert in economics but I'm fairly sure Biden and his admin have access to as many experts as they need and if they were really focused on it this could've been avoided to an extent. Even CNN are near the point of ridicule : Biden's new inflation scapegoat: oil giants racking up profits amid record gas prices

And yeah supporting the Green Party/being a Green voter doesn't mean I have to be some type of 100% of the time energy extremist. Maybe if Biden had temporarily upped US gas and oil output things could've been avoided to an extent. That doesn't mean I have to be some lover of oil and gas corps. If suffering can be reduced temporarily though and Biden is going to various countries asking for them to increase oil output, including Saudi Arabia that he said he'd make a pariah before he was elected, maybe he could focus closer to home for a while instead.

I've seen stopping some tariffs on China as a possible way of reducing it a bit too, but again I'm no expert so maybe that wouldn't work so well.

I don't think it'd hurt to admit that Biden and his admin could've maybe gone about this better though. You can talk about uniform inflation and every major nation but they don't all have inflation at 9.1%.

This is from October last year (again I found this from the same account I found the last tweet, Wall Street Silver) :

Maybe Ron Paul is wrong? Maybe because I think he might have a point that means I suddenly have to support his exact politics and I'm no longer a Green? Maybe this is why so many people don't believe the reasons Biden keeps coming out with?

I think it's highly unlikely that Uncle Joe will be blaming the Fed any time soon for creating trillions out of thin air as a reason for inflation. He's fine with ranting about gas station owners bringing down prices instead though.

One more : Yellen admits she was wrong. Biden was wrong on it being temporary so maybe he could admit it for once instead of blaming others? Or is Biden incapable of admitting error on this? China tariffs mentioned too at the end but nothing from the Biden admin. So maybe they aren't dealing with it so well after all and they could improve?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

One more : Yellen admits she was wrong. Biden was wrong on it being temporary so maybe he could admit it for once instead of blaming others? Or is Biden incapable of admitting error on this? China tariffs mentioned too at the end but nothing from the Biden admin. So maybe they aren't dealing with it so well after all and they could improve?

Janet Yellen is a big step up on Glen Greenwald so I'll give you that one.

• Upvote 1

On 15/07/2022 at 18:32, Kevin D said:

NY times poll from earlier this week: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/us0722-crosstabs-nyt071222/0f9f399b059138f9/full.pdf

Trump at 49%; DeSantis at 25 and Cruz at 7.

His mannerisms and speaking style are without parallel. We're lucky to have so much of it on video, because nobody would believe it otherwise.

It's over pal:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis now trails Donald Trump by just 9 percentage points in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

On 15/07/2022 at 21:12, Red Phoenix said:

Maybe if Biden had temporarily upped US gas and oil output things could've been avoided to an extent.

You don't have to wonder - he did and it didn't. US gas prices are going down steadily though.

More than 5 million barrels of oil that were part of a historic U.S. emergency reserves release to lower domestic fuel prices were exported to Europe and Asia last month, according to data and sources, even as U.S. gasoline and diesel prices hit record highs.

"The SPR remains a critical energy security tool to address global crude oil supply disruptions," a Department of Energy spokesperson said, adding that the emergency releases helped ensure stable supply of crude oil.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2022 at 22:48, TheHowieLama said:

You don't have to wonder - he did and it didn't. US gas prices are going down steadily though.

More than 5 million barrels of oil that were part of a historic U.S. emergency reserves release to lower domestic fuel prices were exported to Europe and Asia last month, according to data and sources, even as U.S. gasoline and diesel prices hit record highs.

"The SPR remains a critical energy security tool to address global crude oil supply disruptions," a Department of Energy spokesperson said, adding that the emergency releases helped ensure stable supply of crude oil.

Sorry haven't been on here much recently, didn't see this. I was meaning actually increasing production inside the US seeing as the situation was so extreme, not drawing on reserves.  And to try and avoid the argument that I'm not a Green voter if I'm saying this, I did say this further back :

On 16/07/2022 at 02:12, Red Phoenix said:

And yeah supporting the Green Party/being a Green voter doesn't mean I have to be some type of 100% of the time energy extremist. Maybe if Biden had temporarily upped US gas and oil output things could've been avoided to an extent. That doesn't mean I have to be some lover of oil and gas corps. If suffering can be reduced temporarily though and Biden is going to various countries asking for them to increase oil output, including Saudi Arabia that he said he'd make a pariah before he was elected, maybe he could focus closer to home for a while instead.

There's no way I'd support a permanent increase in production and prices have been dropping anyway apparently so I'm not sure how valid this idea even is at the moment.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

This is the fella the Democrats should appoint to run for the next election.

Good man. I wish more Democrats (and Labour over here) were as combative as that. As Sir Roger says, the 'take the high road' consensus approach from Biden and Corbyn simply doesn't work when faced with a bunch of utter cunts who aren't in the slightest bit interested in collaborating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...