You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

• 4 weeks later...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans are becoming less supportive of punishing Russia for launching its invasion of Ukraine if it comes at the expense of the U.S. economy, a sign of rising anxiety over inflation and other challenges, according to a new poll.

While broad support for U.S. sanctions has not faltered, the balance of opinion on prioritizing sanctions over the economy has shifted, according to the poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. Now 45% of U.S. adults say the nation’s bigger priority should be sanctioning Russia as effectively as possible, while slightly more — 51% — say it should be limiting damage to the U.S. economy.

In April, those figures were exactly reversed. In March, shortly after Russia attacked Ukraine, a clear majority — 55% — said the bigger priority should be sanctioning Russia as effectively as possible.

The shifts in opinion reflect how rising prices are biting into American households — surging costs for gas, groceries, and other commodities have strained budgets for millions of people — and perhaps limiting their willingness to support Ukraine financially. That may be a troubling sign for President Joe Biden, who on Saturday approved an additional $40 billion in funding to help Ukraine including both weapons and financial assistance. The poll shows low faith in him to handle the situation, and an overall approval rating that hit the lowest point of his presidency.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-economy-inflation-467db62b671b1057ab867cf9a1335c93

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I don’t think he’s well.

That’s very similar to the what my Auntie had to do for my Uncle who had dementia. Little markers to help him get through his life as easily as he could. 

Eerily similar to Reagan.  

Two covfefe Presidents in a row, Skids.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The way yanks call themselves Irish baffles me, he was born in the States - end of.

My granddad was Danish you don't see me drinking Carlsberg and eating open sandwiches. 

Irish-Americans might be the most annoying people on the planet. A lot of them are conservative nutjobs who think the 'old country' is still filled with thatch cottages and pictures of Pope John Paul II and JFK and seem very disappointed to discover it's more about giant multinationals paying fuck all tax and a pretty liberal populace.

35 minutes ago, Em City said:

It's almost like it's a global issue. Big brain RP at it again.

Biden is just powerless to do anything of course. The US has supposedly the most powerful gov on Earth but Dems can't possibly have any influence on US inflation.

Maybe that will be the next narrative on this list?

July = 9.1% "it's a global issue."

Could be a vote winner for the midterms.