You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2021 at 21:25, Section_31 said:

I don't like Harris, she reminds me of an HR or marketing manager with a drinking problem and an "I love my job" mug. She split up with her web designer husband, he's happy now, she says she is too but she often wishes him dead, then cries. And drinks.

She's a twat.  She'd have a doberman called Pandora or Poppy.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Glenno's had enough (the tweet is the first of a thread) :

Obviously the US government can hardly be the moral guardians but having harmful bullshit removed is something we could all get behind. Free speech, yadda yadda, OK, all well and good but Covid misinformation is costing people their lives. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Obviously the US government can hardly be the moral guardians but having harmful bullshit removed is something we could all get behind. Free speech, yadda yadda, OK, all well and good but Covid misinformation is costing people their lives. 

Yeah in this case I don't feel comfortable getting outraged about this even though I can understand Greenwald's concerns. It'll be interesting to see if he finds other instances of this happening in the future that aren't related to something so serious as a global pandemic.

I found a "look fat" meme post too, haven't seen that in a while so at least something good came out of this :

Social media companies are private platforms with their owner rules and regulations about user conduct. They have the same right to ban you from their platforms for certain types of rhetoric as your local shop does if you go in and shit on the floor.

These companies are all amoral at best and way too influential, but them banning people is not a free speech issue and anyone saying it is are either disingenuous or too dim to figure it out.

Also, fuck Glenn Greenwald.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Agreed ,but who decides that its bullshit ?? I mean around this time last year wasnt there a debate in the US that said face masks were not needed and now they say they are? Big tech needs to get its act together itself -starting with banning these racist fucks  off the platforms as soon as they post.  The political and social views of their in house monitors could well effect how decisions are made however.

• Upvote 1

Biden's a cunt, and a career cunt at that. Doesn't matter the previous POTUS was a much bigger cunt, a cunt is what he is. You don't give cunts the power to decide what social media does and doesn't allow depending on what they like or dislike.

You pass legislation to make the social media platform responsible for what is posted on their software. Like broadcasters, and there are mainly laws against the evil stuff already. if you want more laws you pass them properly through legislation that is voted on. 

Fucking hell, sometimes I despair. You do realise that next time there's a cunt in power that isn't aligned with you, you're already screwed. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Poster said:

Biden's a cunt, and a career cunt at that. Doesn't matter the previous POTUS was a much bigger cunt, a cunt is what he is. You don't give cunts the power to decide what social media does and doesn't allow depending on what they like or dislike.

You pass legislation to make the social media platform responsible for what is posted on their software. Like broadcasters, and there are mainly laws against the evil stuff already. if you want more laws you pass them properly through legislation that is voted on. 

Fucking hell, sometimes I despair. You do realise that next time there's a cunt in power that isn't aligned with you, you're already screwed. 

Im more fearful with Biden 'in power.' The man just doesnt seem cognitive and you wonder who is actually running the shop now. Is it Jill Biden, is it Harris, is it the US Chiefs of Staff or Pelosi!?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Im more fearful with Biden 'in power.' The man just doesnt seem cognitive and you wonder who is actually running the shop now. Is it Jill Biden, is it Harris, is it the US Chiefs of Staff or Pelosi!?

Harris is a dangerous woman, be afraid if she becomes POTUS.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Poster said:

You don't give cunts the power to decide what social media does and doesn't allow depending on what they like or dislike.

The first part I totally agree with, it's big brother authoritarianism and/or fascism. I'm not currently getting outraged at this because it could be bullshit they want removed that's leading to people dying if they're not getting vaccines.

There's another key point though : they're telling Facebook that they want it removed, there's no law or enforcing that and Facebook can decide to go along with it or not. If they're somehow forcing social media and other areas to remove content then that's completely different.

The second part is less clear. A lot of the media have been backing Biden since before the election (see here for instance) so it could be argued that them working so closely with Dems is even more of a danger now, as they try to silence any opposition (including what they class as the "far-left") for all types of bullshit reasons. If there's another crazed right-winger in charge in the future they might not align with him/her at all and just ignore for the most part.

This whole thing becomes more serious if the gov are enforcing it or threatening social media outlets to the point that they're going along with them, or if in any of these cases of flagging stuff the reasons don't turn out to be good enough if we ever have the details.

41 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Seen some snippets of this and one of my first thoughts was how did people vote for you, even if the alternative was Trump. Are these two fellas the only candidates that can be put up ?

The host never even challenged any answers he gave to the questions , the answers you could understand anyway. Biden should be sat at home with his pipe and slippers not sitting at the head of the table.

• Upvote 1

Australian sky is like fox news isn't it because it's full Murdoch while over here it's only past Murdoch. Murdoch is a cunt and everyone who works for him is.

Any coincidence that the three biggest crackpot right wing English speaking countries are the ones where he has the most inflience, us, Oz and USA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Australian sky is like fox news isn't it because it's full Murdoch while over here it's only past Murdoch. Murdoch is a cunt and everyone who works for him is.

Any coincidence that the three biggest crackpot right wing English speaking countries are the ones where he has the most inflience, us, Oz and USA.

I would agree with you wholeheartedly, Secsh, and I of course do, 99% of the time.

A caveat, however, from an Australian POV... and of course, I'll get a kicking from @Jose Jones, my TLW political moderator, as usual... but what the fuck, here goes:

... I think Joe Biden is a careerist weasel.  He may well have "changed" in the last 12 months and shown his true, genuine, caring colours, fair enough, but a careerist weasel he's been all those years prior.

The other day, he declared, when pulling the troops out of Afghanistan for good... that he's been a "sceptic" of "America's longest war" all along.  To that, my opinion is... bullshit, Joe.

So I wrote this letter to The Age, a leftist paper in Melbourne and, together with the Sydney Morning Herald, our national "left" voice:

As gentle and sage Democrat suggestions are made that Donald Trump's racist "China Virus" might indeed have had its origins somewhere inside the Great Wall, news recently in is also telling us that gentleman Joe Biden has long been a sceptic of America's prolonged presence in Afghanistan. As he calls a halt to US involvement in this skirmish, one wonders why Biden, despite harbouring such convictions on "America's longest war", decided to keep schtum on such an important issue when he was holding the relatively, one would think, important and influential position of Vice-President. Clearly Biden's younger hope-filled protege Barack Obama, not too mention successive Clinton administrations as well of course, knew better. As for what that civil unrest-inciting tyrant Donald Trump thinks about it all, well, that's about as irrelevant now as it's frankly always been, n'est-ce pas?

It didn't get published, and that's fair enough.

The thing is, over the years, I've had 100s of letters published in The Age (Left) and The Australian (Murdoch Right).  From letters to The Australian, I once had to get a silent telephone number (threats from Left wing people who didn't like my letters, even though, they are always written in a light-hearted, piss-takey way.  Always.).

My letters to The Age have, generally, taken the piss out of the Right, and they get published fine and dandy.

The difference is, The Australian (Murdoch) will publish letters - readily, like many of mine over the years - that take the piss out of the Right.

Whereas The Age (Left) will NEVER publish a letter (of mine or anyone's, 99 times out of 100) that takes the piss out of the Left.

So, while we are a crackpot right-wing country, Australia... and right you are as usual Secsh... we are a right-wing crackpot country that, publishing-wise, sees the Right much more readily, I think, willing to take the piss out of the political pantheon... whereas the Left, in my book, refuses much, much more often to have a laugh at itself.

I have been writing to these newspapers, "successfully" and prolifically, since 1994.

So, I await my kicking, and I guess, have asked for it.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Seen some snippets of this and one of my first thoughts was how did people vote for you, even if the alternative was Trump. Are these two fellas the only candidates that can be put up ?

The host never even challenged any answers he gave to the questions , the answers you could understand anyway. Biden should be sat at home with his pipe and slippers not sitting at the head of the table.

The kid sniffing groping tit was being interviewed on CNN you can't expect anything more from a Democrat mouthpiece.