You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

Think we need out own dedicated thread for the president elect. I had a look and there doesn't seem to be a thread to bump about Joe like there was for Trump. Unsurprisingly there is one for his daughter Ashley dating back to 2009.

Anyway, think this is going to be one of the most watched terms of office of any president. Not only is he going to be picking up the shitty baton of Covid, he's also going to have to deal with unifying the country and the aftershock of Trump. Added to that, time or age really isn't on his side for him to stand for a second term.

So, I'll get the ball rolling with this.

Deb Haaland: Historic Native American 'pick for Biden cabinet'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55356373

He's too old, a career politician without any real burning policy ambitions that I can see, and listening to him speak is completely uninspiring.

But he was the right choice to beat Trump, and I think Trump was and is a real threat to the well-being of the western world.

So I'll try not to criticize the parachute for only slowing my fall.

• Upvote 2

Just because the opposite candidate is really bad, doesn't make the other candidate any better. Career politician Joe will shake your hand and tell you what you want to hear, while fucking you over just like the rest of them. 

The best thing about Joe is that he isn't trump and that's probably it. The American voter has had some shit choices to make over the years. 

• Upvote 2

Seems like a bog standard centre right US politician. Albeit one whose favourite colour is ham.

In a less fucked up world you wouldn't put him in charge of a jumble sale.

However, I felt genuine relief that he won. We simply couldn't have had another four years of that fat fucking cunt.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The two senate run offs in Georgia will be massive.

Agree he is uninspiring , but just resetting the diplomatic norms and treaties with the rest of the world will be a start.

Yep, there's nobody as bad as Trump. Even Pence would have been a massive step up, at least he'd been a governor. 

Trump is a wrecking ball. Apparently half the desks in the state department were empty. You'd have got to the point where the CIA was being run by Jared Kushner's nan. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Seems like a bog standard centre right US politician. Albeit one whose favourite colour is ham.

However, I felt genuine relief that he won. We simply couldn't have had another four years of that fat fucking cunt.

This. Fuck me I'd have preferred that absolute psychopath Hilary Clinton over Trump. 

America is fucked for a good while. Trump has brought divisions that were already there right to the fore-front and new conversations for ages will be "Did you vote Trump?" "No Biden" "Sorry we can't get along". That narcissistic fucking gammon headed lying prick has destroyed a nation just by being exactly that. 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

He is fucked. 

And the Democrats will get battered in 24. Trying to manage the  recovery from covid and likely a hostile senate not letting him do anything he doesn't stand a chance.

With a bit of luck in the January run-off he may have the senate. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Trump will run in 2024 and he'll probably win. He already got 75m people to vote for him after a disastrous first term, he'll get more when he spends every day hammering Biden's response to the pandemic and the economic fallout.

26 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Trump will run in 2024 and he'll probably win. He already got 75m people to vote for him after a disastrous first term, he'll get more when he spends every day hammering Biden's response to the pandemic and the economic fallout.

Trump will be dead before 2024. You can take that to the bank.

• Upvote 2