You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LinkedIn

Rick Sanchez C-137

There was a girl in our place who got a Team Leader position. She was fit like but shit at her job. Had no idea how to properly run her team and just used to shout at them for being shit and generally get into arguments with them when they had the temerity to answer back. One of the big bosses had to interview her and sit with her for a few days to observe.

Anyway, the cunt is always liking or sharing posts about effective leadership and commenting about the importance of building relationships to achieve common goals. She is like some hybrid of Tony Robbins and Gary Vaynerchuk, the fucking fraud

• Upvote 2

It seems positivity for some is a substitute for actual competence, experience or knowledge 

I seen one post on there regarding Brexit that was basically 'there will be change,  uncertainty for all and flux brings opportunity, seize this opportunity'

Topics such as the customs union and single market were not even acknowledged.

I would like to see how they would have reacted in real world disasters using such speak 

'Reactor 4 has gone, there is graphite on the roof Sir'

'This is a disconnect and with that comes challenges, problems that need ownership'

• Upvote 2

On 15/12/2020 at 05:34, Section_31 said:

Worst one I ever saw was some twat who'd filmed his kid on a treadmill and said: "my son plays football, when he comes home he trains, no xbox, no Netflix. This is how you become the best."

Some other twat underneath was like "awesome, I'm going to show this to my son."

The lad is definitely going to end up in prison or selling mushrooms in Thailand.

Superb!

• 1 month later...

I’ve been on LinkedIn for a while, in a pretty low key, post very little, only accept invitations for those people I’ve actually worked with or met in real life. 

I’ve deleted the app and generally don’t monitor it. Maybe pop in once or twice a month. 

I think seeing the general swamp that LinkedIn is, encouraged me to go the other way. I decided after being locked down with children, various family members having fallen ill and having had poorer mental health lately I would turn down a head of service/leadership promotion, leave a managerial job and take a pay cut to move closer to home and do the aspects of the job I actually like. 

I find the whole experience of LinkedIn terrible, exploitation of tragedy, children etc to be the last straw. 

Very sadly last week a ex  colleague in very tragic circumstances lost her only child, she survived but remains ill.

I Popped on to LinkedIn today as someone told me they’d heard I was leaving and wanted a nose around. What did I see? the partner of the ex colleague and father of the deceased child post the news on LinkedIn, with a link to a news article.

I just don’t know would drive somebody to do that about their own child?

Think when I move job in the next month I’m turning it off for good. 

Shithole of a platform

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Humble bragging is off the scale with most people on this. 
I saw one the other week with some no-mark metaphorically licking Captain Tom’s ballsack for likes. Absolutely cringeworthy, in the comments someone dared to suggest it was all a bit over the top and was soundly piled on by the lickspittle toady arseholes.

There are some mates I know, normal people who post on there but the way they write is as though they’re high flying execs who spend too much time reading the thesaurus. It’s hard to resist mentioning in the comments that you’d never think that the last thing they posted on the lads WhatsApp group was a video of a trans dwarf fucking a horse. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Do people get notified when you look at their profile? There's the occasional fit bird that I want to stalk but I don't want to get nicked doing it. 

Depends what level of membership they have. If they pay, they see. 

Mostly due to this thread, I thought that I may stay on a while just to see how bad it gets.

Today of course being International Women’s Day, means that the feed is currently full of white middle-class empowered twats making cringe posts, such as the one I’ve just seen where a bloke is holding up a piece paper saying that he seeks to empower all women.

Tempted to quote Brent on Finchy...

“He was in an argument once, and he said, ‘how can I hate women, me mums one’.”

• Upvote 1

On 05/03/2021 at 23:52, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Which one is it, because I've dodged at least 100 wanks scared id get scooped.

If you pay you see, unless people have set their ...er settings to view profiles anonymously.

If you have set your profile to be able to view profiles anonymously don’t revisit the same persons profile within 90 days, otherwise it’ll show that person you visited their page. 

Basically, have one wank every 91 days. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Juniper said:

If you pay you see, unless people have set their ...er settings to view profiles anonymously.

If you have set your profile to be able to view profiles anonymously don’t revisit the same persons profile within 90 days, otherwise it’ll show that person you visited their page. 

Basically, have one wank every 91 days. 

I have been self employed for several years, I'd struggle to manage waiting 91 minutes for one never mind 91 days. 

• Upvote 1

Manners cost nothing!

I was catching up with one of my team last week. He was telling me about a pitch he made to be retained on their CFO role last year.

He was up against some great consultants at top recruitment firms!

The next day he got a call – he’d won the business. He was told it was a tough call initially due to three strong proposals –

“we couldn’t choose between 3 offerings: you were the only one who tidied up your coffee cup and asked our receptionist how her days going” – it was the deciding factor!

Something so small and obvious to most of us actually won us the business!

It’s something I’ve thought about - when speaking to customer service advisors over the phone, ordering a coffee on my daily walk, or speaking to the cashier when paying for my shopping.

No one knows what people are going through at the moment, something so small such as asking how somebody is might just make their day!

#bekind21 #manners #executiverecruitment #executivesearchfirm

18 minutes ago, John102 said:
Manners cost nothing!

I was catching up with one of my team last week. He was telling me about a pitch he made to be retained on their CFO role last year.

He was up against some great consultants at top recruitment firms!

The next day he got a call – he’d won the business. He was told it was a tough call initially due to three strong proposals –

“we couldn’t choose between 3 offerings: you were the only one who tidied up your coffee cup and asked our receptionist how her days going” – it was the deciding factor!

Something so small and obvious to most of us actually won us the business!

It’s something I’ve thought about - when speaking to customer service advisors over the phone, ordering a coffee on my daily walk, or speaking to the cashier when paying for my shopping.

No one knows what people are going through at the moment, something so small such as asking how somebody is might just make their day!

#bekind21 #manners #executiverecruitment #executivesearchfirm

"I was running late and had back to back interviews for a new employee, as I got to the tube a smartly dressed man barged past me, spat in my face, took my coffee cup out of my hand then proceeded to piss into the cup in-front of horrified fellow commuters while singing 'Die Fahne hoch'. After taking a swig of the coffee he swilled me with it and told me to go and fuck my mother... well well well guess who turns up to be interviewed! Needless to say he didn't get the job #mannerscostnothing" 

Linkedin is hopefully the closest most of us will ever come to being rent boys. 

"Hi Tom, I too agree with your post, it was both entertaining and informative."

"Thank you, I took liked your post, it too was informative and entertaining".

Imagine finding some amazonian villagers, sat there eating pistachio nuts and watching their kids play in the river, and telling them we do this shit with what precious time we've been given on this earth.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Imagine finding some amazonian villagers, sat there eating pistachio nuts and watching their kids play in the river, and telling them we do this shit with what precious time we've been given on this earth.

That or our drafts on the football forum.