You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LinkedIn

Rick Sanchez C-137

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

A new low.

"When I spend some the millions I made playing footy on property to flip but still fuck it up because I'm an imbecile, I look at a picture of me looking especiall ugly and it grounds me."

16 thousand likes.

I, for one, am inspired.

Screenshot_20211014-212714_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211014-212719_Chrome.jpg

"Managed to avoid eating the poison that the groundskeeper put down for me. Narrow squeak with a gin trap. It's a great week and I feel lots of energy, but that might just be from the wires I chewed through."

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

The same pointless unoriginal shit comes up repeatedly. It's very much like this forum in that regard.

I had a quick look today and the post that seemed to be getting most interaction was from someone whose ice heart had thawed enough to suggest hat people should show the same respect to someone whether they are a director of a company or the cleaner. They then went on to tell us all how nice they are to the cleaner. I didn't read the comments but I fully expect that they were full of similar people taking pictures with the cleaner in their workplace, giving them a selection box, etc.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/01/2022 at 12:06, Chairman Meow said:

Anyone who does nothing but attend meetings is always useless, spend all day talking about things that should be done, but no time actually doing anything.

Meetings are the biggest waste of time and energy in the working world. 

Well that depends. I’ve been in some where decisions worth hundreds of millions have been made. (Not by me of course, I was handing out butties). 

• 3 months later...

I’ve got an interview tomorrow. Checked them out on linked in and it’s a big fatty and some young in. Haircut, beard to stubble, know their background… linked in is sound.

found out their Facebook from their pics…research.

gonna get my cock out and shout Scouse in the house!!!

There's deffo an art to getting follows and likes on social media, be it Twitter or linkedin. Pictures of dogs (especially on the former) and anything to do with talking about your mental health seem to do the trick.

It's cynical in the extreme. Speaking from experience, if you're having a mental health crisis the absolute last thing you want to do in the whole world is post your shit on social media, on the contrary, withdrawal from stuff like that is often one of the first things that alerts your mates to the fact something is up.

"My depression is really high today guys" 

* Said in the voice of Neil from the Young Ones.

"Inspirational. Thanks for reminding us that it's okay - to not be okay."

8 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I’ve got an interview tomorrow. Checked them out on linked in and it’s a big fatty and some young in. Haircut, beard to stubble, know their background… linked in is sound.

found out their Facebook from their pics…research.

gonna get my cock out and shout Scouse in the house!!!

Interviewer: Any questions?

Fugitive: How did your girls enjoy Disneyland last year?

Interviewer: What?

Fugitive: What?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

• 2 months later...
On 14/10/2021 at 22:30, Section_31 said:

A new low.

"When I spend some the millions I made playing footy on property to flip but still fuck it up because I'm an imbecile, I look at a picture of me looking especiall ugly and it grounds me."

16 thousand likes.

I, for one, am inspired.

Screenshot_20211014-212714_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211014-212719_Chrome.jpg

He’s angling to be the next mayor of Manchester. Nailed on. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/06/2022 at 20:09, Section_31 said:

There's deffo an art to getting follows and likes on social media, be it Twitter or linkedin. Pictures of dogs (especially on the former) and anything to do with talking about your mental health seem to do the trick.

It's cynical in the extreme. Speaking from experience, if you're having a mental health crisis the absolute last thing you want to do in the whole world is post your shit on social media, on the contrary, withdrawal from stuff like that is often one of the first things that alerts your mates to the fact something is up.

"My depression is really high today guys" 

* Said in the voice of Neil from the Young Ones.

"Inspirational. Thanks for reminding us that it's okay - to not be okay."

I know when I have my particularly low days and even getting out of bed feels like the equivalent of doing a marathon the first thing that occurs to me is how this might impact on my engagement metrics.

Facebook was the tool that fucked up everyones mental health by turning everyone into lying shitbags who do not have the capacity to see the other life which appears to be better than yours is also someone spouting shite.

However, we weren't creating a sick enough society doing that so linked in has come along to transfer that into your working life as well.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s angling to be the next mayor of Manchester. Nailed on. 

If he has as much insight and knowledge about how to improve the city of Manchester as he does about football then Manchester would be pretty fucked. 

• 5 months later...

Just having a browse for jobs then. I saw one post by a project manager looking for work. Nothing out of the ordinary there, however, i then noticed it had been shared by his mum, who declared that despite being biased due to be his mother, she could assure everyone he was a lovely hard working boy.

The kids of today have it hard. In between social media and bullying in school, you then have your mother shaming you in the corporate world, to the point I'd bury her under someone's patio.

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

Just having a browse for jobs then. I saw one post by a project manager looking for work. Nothing out of the ordinary there, however, i then noticed it had been shared by his mum, who declared that despite being biased due to be his mother, she could assure everyone he was a lovely hard working boy.

The kids of today have it hard. In between social media and bullying in school, you then have your mother shaming you in the corporate world, to the point I'd bury her under someone's patio.

Wasn't Konchesky was it?  *shudders* 

Bloke I know on there is always posting about being depressed. He seems quite successful yet just posts stuff like "just so you know, if you hire me I may overrun on deadlines as my mental health is more important."

I dunno what's going on these days, up is down and down is up, me personally would assume such a tack is risky, seemingly no.