Sign in to follow this  
Red74

Gerard Houllier

I fucking loved that man and he loved our football club.

Best week of my life - Cardiff then Dortmund. He was so happy after the final whistle against Alaves and celebrated in front of us. 

A great man who deserves to be remembered fondly. 

He brought pride back to our football club.

• Upvote 2

Devastated. He laid the foundations for modernising the club and got us back into the habit of winning trophies which then continued under Rafa. He helped develop players like Gerrard and Carragher, bought some Liverpool legends (including some unexpected ones like McCallister) and tactically outthought the likes of Ferguson. ]

He gave me and my generation some of our happiest footballing memoires. 

The word legend is overused, but I think he deserves the term Liverpool legend. He's up there with Rafa, Klopp, Shanks, Dalglish, Fegan and Paisley. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Devastated. He laid the foundations for modernising the club and got us back into the habit of winning trophies which then continued under Rafa. He helped develop players like Gerrard and Carragher, bought some Liverpool legends (including some unexpected ones like McCallister) and tactically outthought the likes of Ferguson. ]

He gave me and my generation some of our happiest footballing memoires. 

The word legend is overused, but I think he deserves the term Liverpool legend. He's up there with Rafa, Klopp, Shanks, Dalglish, Fegan and Paisley. 

His trophy haul deserves recognition so 'legend' is accurate. Bouncing out Paul Ince was his best move to begin with.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Houllier summed up in a tweet.

Is there any grief that man doesn’t hijack for his own publicity?

• Downvote 1

Rest in Peace Gerard.  A lovely man, who suffered a terrible blow to his health while at Liverpool, which took a huge toll on him.  When I think back on his time with us, I always think back to the smiling, articulate, wily character he was  before his illness.  

• Upvote 3

Horrible news

As a kid who was hardly old enough to take in the last days of Kenny first reign and going through the 90s in school just watching us linger around the top spots and only winning two cups along the way his revolution of the squad and the way the club was going mean a lot to me. Took us on leaps and bounds, everything started unravelling after his heart scare. 

Sad loss

R.I.P 

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

Rest in Peace Gerard.  A lovely man, who suffered a terrible blow to his health while at Liverpool, which took a huge toll on him.  When I think back on his time with us, I always think back to the smiling, articulate, wily character he was  before his illness.  

There was obviously two sides to his career,the pre operation and the post operation. The pre operation person should be remembered best.

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Is there any grief that man doesn’t hijack for his own publicity?

I don't think there is any need for that mate. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't think there is any need for that mate. 

Indeed. Pathetic that people always looking to criticise or look for angles that aren't there.

It was a lovely comment whether you like him or not.

Awful news. Lovely man, loved the club and put in some solid foundations to help rebuild the club after the shambles of the 1990s. Really gutted this morning.

I remember being on the Kop for the game against Roma in 2001. Fantastic night & now bittersweet. 

Thanks Ged. You were (Le) Boss.