You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) Premier League - 16/12/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

His numbers mask a lot of flaws in his game...the way we play and the amount of chances we create, the numbers should be more higher. 

I think the front three have been below par as a unit for quite some time. Our main attacking threat comes from the full backs.

Jesus 

14 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Don't know of the "lot of flaws" Salah supposedly has. He has comfortably been the best of our front three this season. Apart from the goals, he has created a good number of chances for teammates and hasnt had more than a couple really quiet games.

Constantly a threat and has also improved his defensive work. I definitely won't be lumping him in with the other two in terms of inconsistent performances. Seems some people would always think he is not at his "highest level". But guess what, a 44 goal season was always going to be almost impossible to replicate. He is still pretty special.

Completely agree with this. Salah has not been the problem this season.

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Jesus 

Agreed. Salah's been on fire this season, penalties or not. 13 in 19 is outstanding. 

By comparison, Firmino is on 2 in 19, which is pitiful. 

The main problem as I see it is that one of the front three has fallen off of a cliff in terms of goals and assists. This places even more of a burden on Mane and Salah because there also isn't any goals coming from midfield either. Generally, we seem to create a little less or so it feels like to me. Our style of play has evolved to a more controlled approach which tries to strangle the opposition, rather than the fire and the fury we saw in 2017/2018. 

1 hour ago, Code said:

Hahaha what a load of nonsense.

C8C57D7F-BEE6-4212-95AC-C744FA80A6F0.jpeg

Pretty sure Mane has now gone longest since he's been with us without a goal in the league.

Firmino - Well apart from a couple of performances this season has been tripe. (I'm not sure you'll be able to post a screen shot of Bobbys goals and assists showing him doing well)

Salah I don't think is ripping teams apart the way he was in previous seasons -where he would terorrise defences over the whole match.

In his last match against Fulham his overall play was poor. he did score a pen (even though I thought he got a bit lucky as it was a poor pen)

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Pretty sure Mane has now gone longest since he's been with us without a goal in the league.

Firmino - Well apart from a couple of performances this season has been tripe. (I'm not sure you'll be able to post a screen shot of Bobbys goals and assists showing him doing well)

Salah I don't think is ripping teams apart the way he was in previous seasons -where he would terorrise defences over the whole match.

In his last match against Fulham his overall play was poor. he did score a pen (even though I thought he got a bit lucky as it was a poor pen)

Salah's 2017/2018 was freakish mind. There's only 1 penalty in that 44. Incredible. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Salah's 2017/2018 was freakish mind. There's only 1 penalty in that 44. Incredible. 

A) He wasn't defending properly, which meant Mane played a little further back and Gomez was used at RB a fair bit to compensate.

B) Teams were attacking the shit out of us (which continued even after VVD joined) leaving us open to hit them on the break. This only really stopped the season after.

C) Teams started double marking him after that first season.

33 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Defender's are doubling up on Sadio and mo anytime they are attacking, sometimes even 3 players against one. they are being stifled. 

Mo works his bollocks off every game. Sadio is out of form for a while now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

Defender's are doubling up on Sadio and mo anytime they are attacking, sometimes even 3 players against one. they are being stifled. 

Mo works his bollocks off every game. Sadio is out of form for a while now. 

Yep - Curtis Jones ran 70 yards with the ball and created a great chance over the weekend - be nice if the midfield could do a little more with those spaces.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just seen the bullshit Maureen has been coming out with - we've only got one bad injury (VVD); Klopp took 2000 days to be successful, and I've done it in less than 400, blah blah blah!

He's a grade A gold plated twat! I'd love us to stuff them tonight!

We won't like!

He's unbelievable. Trump-esque levels of delusion. I hope if someone asks Klopp about Mourinho's comments he just laughs and moves on.

16 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just seen the bullshit Maureen has been coming out with - we've only got one bad injury (VVD); Klopp took 2000 days to be successful, and I've done it in less than 400, blah blah blah!

We won't like!

Just on the wind up to try and distract us. He's knows he no match for the Reds if we are focused and on song.

35 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

We won't like!

What exactly does the diminutive Portuguese mean by "successful"? Not many medals given out in December. If they're still top after 38 games he can say "successful".

52 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Expecting a Mourinho masterclass tonight. Not in terms of the football, just in terms of the cheating. If we'd beaten Fulham, I'd've taken a point and no new injuries tonight. Now it's a must win game.

He'll be desperate to end our unbeaten home run in the league, particularly as it's his Chelsea side that holds the record

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

He'll be desperate to end our unbeaten home run in the league, particularly as it's his Chelsea side that holds the record

Yeah he will, but it's not like he'll set Spurs up to actually attack. They'll just be looking to keep men behind the ball and play for counterattacks and set pieces. I don't expect Kane to spend much time on his feet this evening, let's put it that way.