You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Dec 5-7 2020)

tlw content

You know what the craziest thing about this season has been so far? This weekend, before we beat Wolves, Manchester United were within TWO POINTS of us. And if they win their game in hand they’ll be back within two points of us. How the fuck did that happen? 

The last time I looked they were bottom half, and every other week they seem to have a bad result that has “Ole on the brink”. Goldbridge is having meltdowns on a regular basis yet there they were, two points back from us. Sneaky manc bastards.

Honestly, it shocked me to my core seeing them that close to us. Have the Premier League started handing them points as well as penalties now? It’s completely mental. I genuinely can’t get my head around it. They’re actually above Man City, who they play this week. I reckon they’ll beat them too as it’s a terrible match up for City in terms of playing styles.

I honestly don’t get it because everyone knows they aren’t very good and they’ve just been dumped out of the Champions League after losing to a team they beat 5-0 a few weeks ago. But we’re only two points ahead of them?

You know why that is? Fucking VAR and refs robbing us of four points while gifting them pens every week, that’s why. 

United came from behind yet again to win away at West Ham at the weekend. The Hammers flew out of the traps and had an early goal ruled out for offside. They then hit the woodwork before Soucek eventually gave them the lead. As I keep saying, he scores every week yet somehow never shows up in the top scorers list. It’s one of those weird football anomalies, like Man United behind two points behind us despite losing every second game.

Haller should have made it 2-0 when he ran through, rounded Henderson and then was felled by the turf monster in front of an empty net. Incredible let off that. United’s famed good luck hasn’t gone anywhere even if their quality has.

Bowen also missed an open goal and West Ham paid a heavy price for their wastefulness as Pogba thumped one in from 20 yards. That’ll give his army of FIFA virgin fans enough ammo to argue his brilliance with the rest of us for another six months until he eventually does something good again. He might not be playing for United when he does though, not if his cunt agent’s comments this week are anything to go by.

I mean fucking hell, what’s going on there? Pogba finally has a decent game and does something to give the fans a bit of hope, and the agent then comes out ahead of a massively important Champions League game and says “that’s the end for Paul at United”. 

Solskjaer understandably benched him and wouldn’t say afterwards that he hoped Pogba would stay in January. I’d never pick the twat again if it were me, as he’s just not good enough to make you overlook all the bullshit. 

That goal shouldn’t have even counted as the ball looked well out from Henderson’s clearance. The lino wasn’t even looking and although VAR checked it they didn’t have the same etch a sketch technology they use for offsides, and because it’s United they allowed it to stand. 

And after that West Ham collapsed. Greenwood scored a brilliant goal to make it 2-1 and Rashford added a third after earlier hitting the post.

As we know, Moyes has never seen a decision he couldn’t complain about but this time he had a case. As he pointed out, he had the best view of that ball as he was stood on the touchline and saw it go out as it sailed over his head. The linesman was literally looking the other way though as he was checking for offside, which is his job so I wouldn’t blame him too much there. VAR though…. Absolute joke. 

So another incredibly lucky break for the Mancs but it’s only masking their flaws. They’re not a well coached team at all. There’s no real discernible style of play or identity to United, they just seem to have moments of quality from talented individuals and they’re handed penalties on a fucking plate in almost every game. 

Even the other night in Europe they were handed a lifeline with an outrageously shit penalty decision. It was bad enough that it was given in the first place but how that decision was allowed to stand after being checked by the video is genuinely suspicious. Honestly, how can they give a penalty for that? 

What’s going on with all these pens they’re getting? Imagine how furious everyone would be if they were any good. Because they’re not really a threat to anyone it’s generally laughed off now. “Hahaha look they got another ridiculous penalty”. It’s not going to be funny if this continues when they eventually appoint a capable manager though. We saw that for decades under Ferguson.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

You’re letting off that linesman too lightly. He’s basically got two jobs..... monitoring the touchline and checking for offsides. He’s been told not to worry too much about offside as VAR will sort out anything tricky. So, ONE thing. And he fucked up, allowing United back into the game. Should be sacked. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2020 at 00:06, Gav said:

I notice your little Bon Jovi segment didn't include his latest steaming pile of Zlatan bollixing up Fairytail of New York .... a cover so bad that the phrase "Pile of Zlatan" should be permanently replaced by "pile of Jon Bon" on the forum

Not even JBJ can make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

On 11/12/2020 at 14:00, DaveT said:

You’re letting off that linesman too lightly. He’s basically got two jobs..... monitoring the touchline and checking for offsides. He’s been told not to worry too much about offside as VAR will sort out anything tricky. So, ONE thing. And he fucked up, allowing United back into the game. Should be sacked. 

I get that, but equally is he not entitled to assume that VAR or even the 4th official would pick up if the ball went out of play? He's looking for offside because that's what he's done his entire career. I have a hard time blaming him for that goal when others should have made the call.

• dave u unpinned this topic