You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Last 16 Draw

Lee909

So as it stands now with 45 minutes left possible draw is

Athletico Madrid

Mönchengladbach

Porto

Sevilla

Lazio

Barcelona

Leipzig

Would love Porto or Sevilla out of them most. Fully fit and healthy I'd fancy us against any of them.

Might be harder to get one of the Leipzig CB we are supposed to be watching with them through. 

• Downvote 1

Atletico are the best of them, and by a long way. Sevilla are quite resilient but don't score any goals. Barcelona are absolutely woeful. 

Watching Real Madrid against M'Gladbach now and the latter look dreadful. Lazio are 7th in Serie A. Porto have managed to concede 13 in nine games in the Portuguese league. Leipzig probably the second best of the possibles. Looked good against Bayern recently, and had an excellent defensive record in the league before that game. Shipped seven against United in two games though.

Basically just avoid Atletico. We're much better than all of the others, even with 27 players injured.

If away fans could go which is very unlikely then I'd love Porto or Sevilla. Germany is always great too and we have a good relationshiop with Monchengladbach. Lazio would be a nightmare - lads on scooters slashing your arse. Do love Italy and Italians are sound away from the football. Thank God we couldn't draw Juve. Away day from hell.

Football wise we want the easiest draw. I reckon Porto. 

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

If its ourselves and those current teams listed, we are the team everyone wants to avoid. 

If those current teams change, we are still the team everyone wants to avoid. 

Every team is the one to avoid if you get shite VAR decisions like tonight. Thing is, the twats at UEFA will be congratulating themselves about how 'well' VAR worked tonight.

The way I see the footie right now even if we drew the weakest team left, the game will still be a fucking lottery due to VAR.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Every team is the one to avoid if you get shite VAR decisions like tonight. Thing is, the twats at UEFA will be congratulating themselves about how 'well' VAR worked tonight.

The way I see the footie right now even if we drew the weakest team left, the game will still be a fucking lottery due to VAR.

Most don't want VAR, but absolutely everyone doesn't want us. 

As group winners, we will be paired with one of the group runners-up. We can't get another English team before the quarter finals, and we can't face the runners-up from our group. The group runners-up were:

Atalanta

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Borussia Monchengladbach

Lazio

Porto

RB Leipzig

Sevilla

I'd like us to face Gladbach even though it's likely we'd knock them out, and even though it's likely that fans won't be able to travel still. My second choice would be Porto, followed by Lazio and then Leipzig.

Not too arsed who we get, it'd be nice to have an easy one though. 

But even if we got Barca we'd smash them, and Atletico are the best on the list and I reckon Klopp will have a massive hard on imagining knocking the cunts out. He would have learned a lot from last seasons tie, they won't get away with doing that again. 

Hopefully we see some of the big boys knocking each other out. 

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

As group winners, we will be paired with one of the group runners-up. We can't get another English team before the quarter finals, and we can't face the runners-up from our group. The group runners-up were:

Atalanta

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Borussia Monchengladbach

Lazio

Porto

RB Leipzig

Sevilla

Some tasty looking possible fixtures and no horrific travelling. 

I'm not arsed about avoiding the supposedly better teams.  If we're on our game, we can beat anyone; if we're not, anyone can beat us.  You've got to face a big team sooner or later, so why not now?

When's the draw?

40 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Some tasty looking possible fixtures and no horrific travelling. 

I'm not arsed about avoiding the supposedly better teams.  If we're on our game, we can beat anyone; if we're not, anyone can beat us.  You've got to face a big team sooner or later, so why not now?

When's the draw?

Monday, 11-ish.

• Upvote 1