You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 4 Wolves 0 (Dec 6 2020)

tlw content

I was worried about this game beforehand too but I think opposition teams are more worried about playing us even with all the injuries, this team has a real fear factor about it now. Also how the hell did they get Kelleher's name wrong on his jersey I could understand if it was his first name maybe.

• Upvote 1

"One for Big Bird who attacked an absolutely gorgeous Salah delivery and headed in at the Kop end. He loved that, going mad in front of the fans. Love me some Joel Matip, there should be a camera on him at all times as you never know what mad face he’s going to pull or what odd gesture he’ll make. What a guy"

You need to show some love for the "No Context Joel Matip" guy on Twitter...its brilliant

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Woahhhhh just a minute. You've already done that haven't you? I assumed that's what I was seeing in the Snapchat pic you sent the other day. 

You're just playing to the galleries now because that's not what you said at the time.

8 hours ago, Morning Glory said:

Couldn’t agree more on Tydlesley & McCoist. It was as if it was a privilege to be there for them. McCoist was the same at the Derby 12 months ago. Clive even called a pen for Mo in the second half. As opposed to the sly digs from Tyler & co we usually hear. Even Scholes was complimentary afterwards.

In fairness, Tim Sherwood (while Tony Adams fucking moaned and moped the whole time) was waxing lyrical about what a fantastic place Anfield is with fans inside and how (as an opponent) he'd sometimes had to bite his lip and not sing along with YNWA at the start of a game when he'd been there.  Seemed very genuine and was highly complimentary of us (while Adams sulked about the possibility of Spurs winning the League and how he didn't think we would win it - a real bottle of whiskey pundit performance from him).

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DaveT said:

Of the many things I enjoyed last night, one was definitely the sight of Boly coming out of the defence, trying to bully Curtis off the ball - but Curtis stood up to him, held him off, before laying the ball off. He's maturing sooo quickly.

This guys is different class, that ball just sticks to his feet. The fourth goal he strolled out of defence and played a nice ball to Trent.

He has oceans of talent and such a brain for the game. He is the one youngster I can’t wait to see develop...touch, composure, eye for a pass, brain, got it all. 

• Upvote 3

Spot on about that early bokking for Neco, Dave. I couldnt believe Pawson carded him so early for that foul. It was clearly a case of ref's bias and a young lad's 'reputation' that got that.

I do think it probably made Neco concentrate a bit more though and I was glad Jurgen didnt hoy him off at the first opportunity. That alone would have done his confidence a power of good.

It was a statement win by the boys after the other results earlier. Shithead on the commentary saying Liverpool had dropped most points this season from winning positions. Yeah, VAR robbing you of 2 wins against the shite and brighton certainly doesnt help. Oh, and the other was the small matter of an away game against city!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, skaro said:

In fairness, Tim Sherwood (while Tony Adams fucking moaned and moped the whole time) was waxing lyrical about what a fantastic place Anfield is with fans inside and how (as an opponent) he'd sometimes had to bite his lip and not sing along with YNWA at the start of a game when he'd been there.  Seemed very genuine and was highly complimentary of us (while Adams sulked about the possibility of Spurs winning the League and how he didn't think we would win it - a real bottle of whiskey pundit performance from him).

That's why he's my guy. Been a massive fan of his ever since his salute celebration with Adebayor. Not a great manager, but top, top, fella who bring great comedy value, albeit usually unintentionally.

Give Gini what he wants.  He’s brilliant, and all the players around him know it. That breeds confidence.  

Don’t let him go too soon, makes no sense.  Offer him what he wants, if another club tempts him at least get some cash. 

Plus - how can we lose that smile? 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic