You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midtjylland (A) - Champions League - 9/12 - 17:55

Bjornebye

13 hours ago, aRdja said:

Taki is the same size as Gini Wijnaldum.

Physicality encompasses many things, not just size. Absolutely no one would say Gini and Minamino are comparable in physical ability.

Besides, I'm just trying to understand why him and Keita haven't worked out, because taking many things into consideration, they both should have been relative successes, and they haven't been. One of the conclusions is neither are world class athletes, clearly. So maybe that has something to do with it.

On 09/12/2020 at 19:56, 3 Stacks said:

I'm just sad that a regular starting 11 player didn't get injured so I could whine about the team selection more.

This fucking aged well, didn't it.

You're probably on every possible thread trying to justify Jota's injury now...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not weird at all, I've laid out the multiple reasons why it wasn't illogical to play him. Carry on being a hysterical fanny, though. Not gonna change anything.

Same reasons he played Salah for 100 minutes, and the same reasons he brought Robertson and Mane on?

Go on. Enlighten me with a quick summary.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, I think you can go to the Jota thread and have a read, if you're that interested. It's all there.

Ahhh. The old 'who else could play' angle.

I like it.

It's delicate AND well thought out.

Well done.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's far more than that.

Mate, he didn't have to play anyone because he didn't need any kind of result and neither did the opposition. 

It's the perfect example of a dead rubber.

Anything you say outside of this context is complete and utter bollocks.

And yes, you can shove your 2.5 mil up your arse.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, m0e said:

Mate, he didn't have to play anyone because he didn't need any kind of result and neither did the opposition. 

It's the perfect example of a dead rubber.

Anything you say outside of this context is complete and utter bollocks.

And yes, you can shove your 2.5 mil up your arse.

Listen, if you don't want to hear that Bayern and City similarly played a bunch of top players, also in dead rubbers, that Jota had barely played in 2 weeks, so fixture congestion was no issue/match sharpness was important and that 2.5m is a tidy sum for clubs in a pandemic, that's your problem.

Those are all valid arguments. The fact he hurt his knee, colliding with someone or whatever, doesn't invalidate any of these things. Stop being soft.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Listen, if you don't want to hear that Bayern and City similarly played a bunch of top players, also in dead rubbers, that Jota had barely played in 2 weeks, so fixture congestion was no issue/match sharpness was important and that 2.5m is a tidy sum for clubs in a pandemic, that's your problem.

Those are all valid arguments. The fact he hurt his knee, colliding with someone or whatever, doesn't invalidate any of these things. Stop being soft.

Ahhh, Bayern and Man City did it too?!

My bad.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Let it go. The manager made his decision. There's no guarantee Jota would have played in today's game.

It's not about Jota though. It's about his complaints about fixture congestion, his insistence on throwing away both cups, and that entire line up and subsequent substitutions.

Its the entire body of work.

10 minutes ago, m0e said:

It's not about Jota though. It's about his complaints about fixture congestion, his insistence on throwing away both cups, and that entire line up and subsequent substitutions.

Its the entire body of work.

He wanted to win that game and get minutes into certain players' legs, get over it. I don't agree with how he managed every player, notably Salah, but he did nothing really unusual, considering this was the Champions League and not some nothing cup.

Precisely what his complaining of broadcasters and the kick off times they choose for the Premier League has to do with what he did Wednesday is beyond me, but it's nice to know our supporters think Klopp is a hypocrite now. 

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He wanted to win that game and get minutes into certain players' legs, get over it. I don't agree with how he managed every player, notably Salah, but he did nothing really unusual, considering this was the Champions League and not some nothing cup.

Precisely what his complaining of broadcasters and the kick off times they choose for the Premier League has to do with what he did Wednesday is beyond me, but it's nice to know our supporters think Klopp is a hypocrite now. 

He didn't win the game though, did he? And I was referring to exactly what you state in your first paragraph as what YOU didn't agree with.

As for your second paragraph, if you don't see the reason they are connected (and they fucking well are), then I really can't help you.

8 minutes ago, m0e said:

He didn't win the game though, did he? And I was referring to exactly what you state here as what YOU didn't agree with.

And as for your second paragraph, if you don't see the reason they are connected (and they fucking well are), then I really can't help you.

He tried and wanted to win the game, is the point.

Klopp's main issue this season has been stuff like playing Wednesday night, and Saturday lunchtime. That is too short a rest period, that's his problem. This week, we did Wednesday night, but we have Sunday evening, so not a problem. And then despite the fact we have the usual hectic Xmas schedule, we have the longest average number of days between matches of any club in the league.

Hence, we're not going through as much of a gauntlet coming up and since this is the Champions League and no one ever sends their reserves to play, this was not unusual. I'll say it again, not unusual. 

So no, his complaints have absolutely nothing to do with what he did Wednesday. There's no contradiction, hypocrisy, whatever. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He tried and wanted to win the game, is the point.

Klopp's main issue this season has been stuff like playing Wednesday night, and Saturday lunchtime. This week, we did Wednesday night, but we have Sunday evening. And then despite the fact we have the usual hectic Xmas schedule, we have the longest average number of days between matches of any club in the league.

Hence, we're not going through as much of a gauntlet coming up and since this is the Champions League and no one ever sends their reserves to play, this was not unusual. I'll say it again, not unusual. 

So no, his complaints have absolutely nothing to do with what he did Wednesday. There's no contradiction, hypocrisy, whatever. 

He's been complaining about the scheduling BECAUSE of the additional impact of Covid with no pre season and games every 3 days, plus the 30% increase in muscle injuries.

1230 Saturday after Wednesday is not a new thing for him.

You need to listen to what he's been saying in totality, not just whatever part of it suits your argument.

He's put himself into a corner now, and there's no denying it from my point of view.

I respect your choice to take a different perspective.