You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midtjylland (A) - Champions League - 9/12 - 17:55

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The Danish lads were well up for it - I guess it was their cup final and thankfully we don't seem to have any injuries.

The kids did well and broke their cherries. Kev was good again. We have our number 2 which is great. Trent got minutes and Tsimikas looked good. 

Really feel for Taki. Think a goal will make a big difference. He looks a bit lost and lacking confidence.

Keita was poor but good to have him back.

Keita is shite imo, flop signing, it happens, move him on.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Code said:

Why are people moaning about the machine Mo Salah getting minutes?

He usually play every game all the time, he’s had a rest as well.

If he did not play we would probably have lost. 

So what if we'd lost? I don't get it.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

This isn't the game to give up on Keita, but I'm almost at the point of thinking now that if we sign a player to play for our style who isn't a physical specimen, he's going to fail. Both he and Minamino, despite the fact they came from sides with similar pressing philosophies to us and that this should increase their chances of success, both look small on the pitch, like they can't impose themselves, like they get walked over, like they aren't physically good enough.

Taki is the same size as Gini Wijnaldum.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, m0e said:

So what if we'd lost? I don't get it.

He had a two weeks rest from matches from the 8th of November until the 25th of November, tonight was only his 6th game from the 4th of November.

Look at him, Im sure his body can handle the amount of games he’s had the last month. 

He wants to play, he is as fit as you can get, he want to keep his rythm, we want him to keep his rythm.

You can just as well get injured in training as in matches.

89409618-7717-4874-950B-4DD2A23CA79A.jpeg

C3E40EAA-0916-4CB9-9735-A36F5D216A02.jpeg

5 hours ago, Code said:

He had a two weeks rest from matches from the 8th of November until the 25th of November, tonight was only his 6th game from the 4th of November.

Look at him, Im sure his body can handle the amount of games he’s had the last month. 

He wants to play, he is as fit as you can get, he want to keep his rythm, we want him to keep his rythm.

What are those figures on the far right,in red?

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Don’t doubt the magic of Mike Edwards. 

Indeed.

This is a man who effectively swapped Kevin Stewart for Andy Robertson and got Bournemouth to pay £15 million for Jordan Ibe.

As much as I don't think he's going to be any use to us and he's basically been a flop I'm sure with what he had done in Germany we could find someone to take him. Then chuck in whatever Jedi mind trick it is Edwards pulls when negotiating and Henry will be shopping for yacht accessories in no time.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Indeed.

This is a man who effectively swapped Kevin Stewart for Andy Robertson and got Bournemouth to pay £15 million for Jordan Ibe.

As much as I don't think he's going to be any use to us and he's basically been a flop I'm sure with what he had done in Germany we could find someone to take him. Then chuck in whatever Jedi mind trick it is Edwards pulls when negotiating and Henry will be shopping for yacht accessories in no time.

Not to mention flogging off Brewster and Solanke for the best part of 50 million euro. We'll recoup a large chunk of Keita's fee if we offload him.

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Taki is the same size as Gini Wijnaldum.

Height maybe - weight, certainly not.

It's not always the physicality that matters anyway. Iniesta was one of the smallest, slightest players I've ever seen, and you couldn't get the ball off him in a phone box. Minamino doesn't use body well enough to protect the ball, and while he can accelerate quickly from a standing start, his top speed is pretty low.

15 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Genuinely think I'll stop watching top level football if VAR carries on this way. 

I’ve stopped already. Ditched SKY & BT Sport in the pandemic & I watch most Liverpool games on an app - but didn’t even bother with this one. Haven’t watched an FA Cup game we’ve not been in for a while. Same for League Cup. I couldn’t even tell you who the current Champions of Europe are... 

When it’s allowed I’ll be going back to Irish League football. 

11 hours ago, Code said:

That makes sense.

What doesn't is the need to win which you implied, which is why I asked that particular question.

Anyway, its done, and it seems there are no injuries. And it seems as though Klopp understands we have enough time to recover.

That still doesn't change the fact that it was a shit experience for me yesterday, largely due to the starting line up and the incomprehensible subs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Our World Champions badge, was that the last game we'll be able to wear it in the CL? Is the FIFA World Championship being held in December this year or have they pushed it back?

Been moved to February as all confederations haven't resolved their competitions yet. 

I think we are allowed to wear in the FA Cup as well. 

• Upvote 1