You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midtjylland (A) - Champions League - 9/12 - 17:55

Bjornebye

On 06/12/2020 at 22:26, Trumo said:

The last time we played against some Dutch cunts away in Europe was back in mid-October 1995/96 in the Evans era. The opponents? Brondby. 

This game against Midtjylland is the definition of a dead rubber. They are already out of Europe and we've already topped the group. I've no idea if they'll bother going strong for this one as, pride aside, there is nothing in it for them. I'm almost certain that Klopp will ring the changes, resting everybody apart from fringe first-teamers. Certainly the likes of Gini could do with a rest, as he's been starting every game recently. I'd expect Adrian, Zorba, Taki, Naby and Big Div to be involved, and the rest will be youngsters. The most importantl thing to take from this game is that there are no further injuries.

"Dutch?"

Forget it; he's rollin. - YouTube

"Let him go, he's on a roll"

John Belushi: 'Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?', Bluto's  Big Speech - 1980 — Speakola

On 06/12/2020 at 22:26, Trumo said:

The last time we played against some Dutch cunts away in Europe was back in mid-October 1995/96 in the Evans era. The opponents? Brondby. The score? 0-0. We were tepid in that first leg and the expectation was that our attack would put Brondby to the sword back at Anfield. Someone's put the entire game up on Youtube, the masochist.

Not an unreasonable assumption given how Fowler and Collymore had been tearing it up in the league, McManaman in brilliant form behind them, Barnes pulling the strings in midfield, plus Jones and McAteer providing ample width from left and right wing-back respectively.

It didn't pan out that way, and we just never got going, losing to a header from a corner in the return leg. That return leg came during a spell that lasted for over a month where we didn't win a game. We managed to get beaten by Keegan's Newcastle twice, fluffed our lines at Middlesbrough, and even lost a derby at Anfield. We did get our shit together after all that, embarking on an excellent run in the league and FA Cup. That run included dominant wins over Arsenal and the Mancs at Anfield, thrashing Leeds twice, and pretty much culminated in that amazing 4-3 game against Newcastle. I loved watching us play during that period.

Top of the charts for 4 weeks back then was the risible 'Fairground' by Simply Red. Heavily sampling 'Give It Up' by The Goodmen, it gave Mick Hucknell and the others (I bet even their mothers don't know their names!) another chart hit. It's one of life's unexplained mysteries how a pasty ginger pube-headed Manc wine bar act ever got a reputation for pulling fit birds. Seeing his picture nowadays, he looks like they dug up his corpse and just drag it around like in 'Weekend at Bernie's'.

This game against Midtjylland is the definition of a dead rubber. They are already out of Europe and we've already topped the group. I've no idea if they'll bother going strong for this one as, pride aside, there is nothing in it for them. I'm almost certain that Klopp will ring the changes, resting everybody apart from fringe first-teamers. Certainly the likes of Gini could do with a rest, as he's been starting every game recently. I'd expect Adrian, Zorba, Taki, Naby and Big Div to be involved, and the rest will be youngsters. The most importantl thing to take from this game is that there are no further injuries.

Aren't Brondby Danish?