You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others....

Bjornebye

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I said this about Starmer. Just another Tony Blair clone. Corbyn really was Labour's last hope of an actual Labour Party somewhere close to its roots.

Isn't Chippy Tits bezzies with Big Len, who is in turn bezzies with Jezza, so maybe it takes a little bit more thought than 'St Jez good/'right wing shills' bad'. The whole party is fucking poison at present and maybe, just maybe, there is corruption that needs to be dealt with, but having Jenrick do it is like asking the Krays to look after Scotland Yard for a bit.

Just a thought...

Anyhow's Starmer is apparently backing it which is fucking awful, so, yeah, fuck 'em all.

I have no idea what's happening up there, but this isn't just political.

Anderson and others under inverstigation, removal of candidates with historical links, clandestine lists of potential candidates, no real leaks about anything from either camp about what's happening which is massively strange and now the Tories riding in from out of nowhere?

There is far more to this than meets the eye.

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Isn't Chippy Tits bezzies with Big Len, who is in turn bezzies with Jezza, so maybe it takes a little bit more thought than 'St Jez good/'right wing shills' bad'. The whole party is fucking poison at present and maybe, just maybe, there is corruption that needs to be dealt with, but having Jenrick do it is like asking the Krays to look after Scotland Yard for a bit.

Just a thought...

Anyhow's Starmer is apparently backing it which is fucking awful, so, yeah, fuck 'em all.

Anderson and others under inverstigation, removal of candidates with historical links, clandestine lists of potential candidates, no real leaks about anything from either camp about what's happening which is massively strange and now the Tories riding in from out of nowhere?

As big a prick that Anderson is,he's made the tories look bad(well more publicly bad at least) and that has in turn,possibly,led to this type of situation. If you're going to do corruption you have to do it tory style. The Labour lot just can't quite match it.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

As big a prick that Anderson is,he's made the tories look bad(well more publicly bad at least) and that has in turn,possibly,led to this type of situation. If you're going to do corruption you have to do it tory style. The Labour just can't quite match it.

That makes no sense.

You're saying the Tories are taking revenge on him, by taking unprecedented measures against a city, because he made them look bad, what are they gaining from this, unpick it?

How did he make them look bad, by became embroiled in a huge scandal which will do irreparable damage to the parties standing in the area and the wider public consciousness?

Keep drinking the kool-aid.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

That makes no sense.

You're saying the Tories are taking revenge on him, by taking unprecedented measures against a city, because he made them look bad, what are they gaining from this, unpick it?

How did he make them look bad, by became embroiled in a huge scandal which will do irreparable damage to the parties standing in the area and the wider public consciousness?

Keep drinking the kool-aid.

He was the first to roll out the covid testing in the countrt,wasnt he? And I'm not saying it was solely to do with this but to be fair to chippy tits he has been a thorn in their side for a while on other issues,I believe. The irony of a tory government calling anybody else out on corruption is quite laughable too.

Still don't know what's going on but this would all help explain why they've ruined the look of the city with empty high rises and aparthotels that have helped turn it into Blackpool on steds and nearly lost it Unesco status, possibly also why the city centre is a sithole full of cranks.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He was the first to roll out the covid testing in the countrt,wasnt he? And I'm not saying it was solely to do with this but to be fair to chippy tits he has been a thorn in their side for a while on other issues,I believe. The irony of a tory government calling anybody else out on corruption is quite laughable too.

Yes, as they came up with an agreement with the gov about testing so they didn’t go into the higher tiers, which Burnham wouldn’t, simple divide and rule.

If anything that goes against your argument as he, and Liverpool, worked with the tories to get favourable treatment instead of not standing with the rest collectively to petition for proper support. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Still don't know what's going on but this would all help explain why they've ruined the look of the city with empty high rises and aparthotels that have helped turn it into Blackpool on steds and nearly lost it Unesco status, possibly also why the city centre is a sithole full of cranks.

Downtown Frank approves this post.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I doubt it. He expected to get the nod for the Walton Mp seat and was frothing at the mouthy when Dan Carden got the nomination.  I was stuck in a room alone with him (nothing dodgy - it was at a phonebank) having to listen to him whinge about it. for ten minutes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I doubt it. He expected to get the nod for the Walton Mp seat and was frothing at the mouthy when Dan Carden got the nomination.  I was stuck in a room alone with him (nothing dodgy - it was at a phonebank) having to listen to him whinge about it. for ten minutes.

Were there ever any rumours doing the rounds about him being bent, I can't say I remember any?

I know there are a few for Len, but have always put these down to delibrate smears to attack the man to sully the union.

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Were there ever any rumours doing the rounds about him being bent, I can't say I remember any?

I know there are a few for Len, but have always put these down to delibrate smears to attack the man to sully the union.

Around Liverpool there were rumours, but you never knew where the LFC fan piss taking ended and the reality began. I think paying his own legal bill out of city funds and the chief exec of planning (or was it finance) getting arrested drew it all into sharp focus.

There was also that debacle about the luxury flats complex in Chinatown in which investors lost a lot of money and there were lots of complaints flying around.

• Upvote 1

First time i've ever had Parliament Live on.  Hoping it's all something of nothing but got a horrible feeling this could be major.  I'm fully with the pushing back of the Tories from this city but that won't make what they've found out any less painful.

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just a thought...

the whole fucking thing is a mess. we've had years of the worst government in history (going back to the shambles under May) and labour are always completely unable to take advantage because they're spending more time shooting each other than shooting the tories. 

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

the city is a fucking mess right now. put yourself in the position of a potential investor - who in their right mind would put their money here? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Yet in Oct he didn't know where the fuck we where!!

"That’s what you saw happening in parts of the North East, like Liverpool for example."

I've been trying to find the video of that for ages.

Here you go...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/bizarre-moment-robert-jenrick-forgets-19035348

Anderson is rotten to the core as are his disciples in the council. Having Hatton anywhere near anything is a recipe for disaster. He ran the council like a fucking Mafia Don and something needed to be done. I know a bit about certain things going on over the years, I worked on a site in the late 80’s and when I found out certain parties were involved I got out sharpish. As has been mentioned though it is bordering on comedy for the Tories to take the high ground here. 
Chippy Tits and Degsy are cut from the same cloth and that cloth is covered in shit. I’m not politically savvy like a lot on here but I know a twat when I see one.

• Upvote 2

I used to occasionally meet up with a guy, who always said how corrupt the council and its officers were, "follow the money". Something along the lines of more council officials on police bail than in history, this was months before the Joe and Derek arrests.  He would bang in FOI requests to the council and asking awkward questions/motions at CLP meetings. 

He has been doing this for years, he has direct working relations with the council as well and he told me and a few others about how corrupt it all was and what a field day it would be for the Tories when it came out about how a "left" council was run. 

He has claimed corruption of dozens of people at dozens of levels in and around the council, as well as building firms etc. He was always able to back these claims up with reports he had received or that were in the public domain. The only surprise was how far behind him the police and government seem to be. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

the city is a fucking mess right now. put yourself in the position of a potential investor - who in their right mind would put their money here? 

no-one.  That's the cruel thing about all this.  The sheer moronic incompetency and corruption that has bedevilled the city for decades has meant that for the ordinary working people, they've got virtually no chance of earning a decent living.  Chippy Tits should be stripped, bound and dragged around the city from the back of a car, if anyone has an engine big enough to shift that fatberg.  Hatton should just be shot and hung, the traitorous cunt, with his brass neck sold for scrap.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

I know someone that knows him and apparently money has always been an issue, I can't remember the details but he couldn't afford to lose his role and he's always been chasing staying in post or getting a new one (metro mayor, MP). Has the guy never heard of Indeed?

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I used to be involved with the external audit of the Council about 20 years ago. A lot of dodgy things went on but it was so depressing to see the honest and hard working employees of the city being tarred with the same brush. The damage this sort of corruption scandal does to the city is immeasurable, how many potential employees see this sort of thing and decide to build their new factory elsewhere rather than have to deal with crooks. I despise Deggsy and his bunch of gangsters, they have done more damage to the city than the Nazis or Thatcher put together. 

Hatton has not been a councillor for 30 years or so , and unlike the great majority of politicians he was actually pursued as being corrupt but found not guilty at trial. 

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I used to be involved with the external audit of the Council about 20 years ago. A lot of dodgy things went on but it was so depressing to see the honest and hard working employees of the city being tarred with the same brush. The damage this sort of corruption scandal does to the city is immeasurable, how many potential employees see this sort of thing and decide to build their new factory elsewhere rather than have to deal with crooks. I despise Deggsy and his bunch of gangsters, they have done more damage to the city than the Nazis or Thatcher put together. 

Liverpool was predominantly Tory/Liberal

run up until early 80s. It was already on the bones of its arse long before the 43 councillors were legitimately elected to oppose Tory 1980s austerity on a working class city. It’s still a working class city despite EU money tarting up the city centre. 

Name me a Tory politician of conviction and I’ll show you the ones who were deselected in 2019 for Brexit running dogs complicit in taking the country down the road to authoritarianism, while

sticking their hands in the country’s collective cookie jar.

Labour are a bunch of ball washing bastards as well. 

• Upvote 1