You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others....

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah but if the shitstorm is big enough surely theres no way he'll just stroll back to his desk if or when it all blows over.

He hasn't been charged with anything yet. If charges are dropped, I can't see him resigning. There's a decent pension attached to his job. No way he'll let that go without a fight. Hasn't he been involved in something else where he fought and won money from the city ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah but if the shitstorm is big enough surely theres no way he'll just stroll back to his desk if or when it all blows over.

When's the next election? In my head it feels like he's only recently been re-elected. If this is still hanging over him when labour are next choosing their mayoral candidate, he won't get it. I don't really understand why we need the post. His powers should just be moved to the metro mayor. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

He's only resigned temporarily while the investigation is going on hasn't he while maintaining his innocence ?

Has he actually maintained his innocence? I've only seen him say that he will comment further on the 31st when Merseyside Police let their intentions be known. 

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

When's the next election? In my head it feels like he's only recently been re-elected. If this is still hanging over him when labour are next choosing their mayoral candidate, he won't get it. I don't really understand why we need the post. His powers should just be moved to the metro mayor. 

I think it was within the last 18 months. 

3 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Has he actually maintained his innocence? I've only seen him say that he will comment further on the 31st when Merseyside Police let their intentions be known. 

I'm sure he has. 

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't really understand why we need the post. His powers should just be moved to the metro mayor. 

When he was in the running for Labour's Metro Mayor nomination, he said he would scrap the post of Liverpool City Mayor, to save money.

When he didn't get that gig, suddenly it was important that we had two Mayors.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

When he was in the running for Labour's Metro Mayor nomination, he said he would scrap the post of Liverpool City Mayor, to save money.

When he didn't get that gig, suddenly it was important that we had two Mayors.

Yeah I never got why he wasn’t fucked off when Steve Rotherham got the city region gig. Being away from home,  I never saw the justification for Chippy Tits staying in post 

20 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Wonder if he's found guilty could the council be liable for legal action for projects that didn't get off the ground due to shenanigans? 

What about the projects that got off the ground only to stall ? The Echo did a article on them not so long ago. Think the latest one I know of is the development on the site of the old Henglers Circus pub on the junction of Low Hill and West Derby Road.

• 2 weeks later...