Quantcast
Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others.... - Page 12 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others....

16 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What is going to happen to all these half finished sites, I’m guessing selling them to other shysters is off the table now. The big development on the end of West Derby hasn’t been touched since well before we won the CL, just the other side of the Grafton is another, the huge one by the Royal, the New Royal itself among many others. This shit show will take years to sort and people need sending down, a lot are involved from Councillors, Developers, Builders etc. Some have made a fortune others lost all, sad things is there will always be scumbags like these.

They will be told off and retire into the sun living off their rented properties they earned unethically. They should be bankrupted if guilty and jailed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Just read this, it’s shocking. Property sold without proper valuations to the same small number of buyers, companies created just to provide services to the council without proper tendering and constant bullying by Anderson and his clique. Basically the council had been infected by a parasite and was being eaten from the inside. There should be protests this weekend. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He was just a figurehead rolled out to try and showed the tories gave a shit about Merseyside when the exact opposite was true. He was a cunt and was involved in all the shit that fucked up Merseyside,and many other working class areas beforehand. A statue to one of Thatcher's cabinet in Liverpool? Fuckin hell!

I suggest you read the report about what a Labour mayor has being doing to the Council for the last few years. Selling land and property to his mates at below value, setting up shell companies to win contracts, bullying anybody who tried to stop him. Basically stealing from some of the most deprived communities in the UK. They get away with it becuase of the unthinking tribal myopia of people like you. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I suggest you read the report about what a Labour mayor has being doing to the Council for the last few years. Selling land and property to his mates at below value, setting up shell companies to win contracts, bullying anybody who tried to stop him. Basically stealing from some of the most deprived communities in the UK. They get away with it becuase of the unthinking tribal myopia of people like you. 

You think people will accept what Anderson has done because he is Labour.

• Upvote 1

People are well aware of Fat Joe and the mob’s activities. Doesn’t change the fact Liverpool  had its central government grants cut harder than Tory voting areas since 2010. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Kepler-186 said:

People are well aware of Fat Joe and the mob’s activities. Doesn’t change the fact Liverpool  had its central government grants cut harder than Tory voting areas since 2010. 

Yup.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Well will see come the elections in May. The city has a chance to clear out the stables and vote in a completely new administration but I bet they don’t take it. Everyone will blame Anderson and vote in all his Labour mates regardless. This waste, corruption and incompetence has been going on for 20 years now. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Come the election in May and labour will get back in. Anderson will be the fall guy but do you seriously think all the other cabinet members were innocent in all of this ? There’s no way he was a lone shit in a sea of whiter than white virtue but that’s how it will be portrayed and people will fall for it. 

Well will see come the elections in May. The city has a chance to clear out the stables and vote in a completely new administration but I bet they don’t take it. Everyone will blame Anderson and vote in all his Labour mates regardless. This waste, corruption and incompetence has been going on for 20 years now. 

You just stick to petitioning against a posh apartment block getting built in Epsom while we worry about our city trying to house every student in the Northern Hemisphere. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Manchester had a huge problem with buses, I think it was the most 'bused' route in the world and a lot of companies tried to get involved.

You had about five companies who were trying to monopolise the train station to Fallowfield run, essentailly the route through the city centre and the universities and students houses.

So they undercut, put more busses on ect until Princess Strret became a joke, you'd genuinelly have three four of the same bus at each stop, the roads were congested as fuck and causing tailbacks.

And get charged a fortune for the pleasure, one stop or twenty.

As always it just comes down to accountability.  This city like many other places in the country has made its choice of political party like a football team and will just back it regardless.  The tories can’t make the council accountable without removing local democracy altogether which in the long run would just encounter exactly the same problems.  It’s down to the Labour hierarchy to make councillors and mayors accountable to them.  Labour should be making it’s own rules and regulations on top of the clearly weak ones in place which give people like Anderson carte blanche to do whatever they want.  Any contract or agreement the council enters into shouldn’t just be “available” as an FOI they should be published as soon as they are signed.  There’s so many obvious things that could be put in place to stop shenanigans but it won’t happen because nobody wants to be scrutinised.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How boss would it be if Everton get caught up in this and they use the Rico act to prosecute all their fans.

I don't see what Louis Spence has got to do with Bramley Moore like but I'm all for it. So will Kchhamez lad" be. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How boss would it be if Everton get caught up in this and they use the Rico act to prosecute all their fans.

I reckon they’ve had wind of this from a while ago which is why the public funding talk completely disappeared.  The only thing I reckon that might come out as being dodgy is the council paying for due diligence to be able to offer them the finance backing in the first place.  Why the fuck the council were spending money on this to benefit a billionaire owned club getting a cheap loan is clearly ridiculous.  His shouts of they will pay it back were laughable as well.  It was obvious to anyone that they were only paying anything back if the finance went through which it didn’t but all is silent there surprisingly.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, The Guest said:

As always it just comes down to accountability.  This city like many other places in the country has made its choice of political party like a football team and will just back it regardless.  The tories can’t make the council accountable without removing local democracy altogether which in the long run would just encounter exactly the same problems.  It’s down to the Labour hierarchy to make councillors and mayors accountable to them.  Labour should be making it’s own rules and regulations on top of the clearly weak ones in place which give people like Anderson carte blanche to do whatever they want.  Any contract or agreement the council enters into shouldn’t just be “available” as an FOI they should be published as soon as they are signed.  There’s so many obvious things that could be put in place to stop shenanigans but it won’t happen because nobody wants to be scrutinised.

The whole thing is a disaster for Starmer, a Labour cabinet selling off Council owned land and properties below market value to their gangster mates in one of the poorest cities in Europe. They should suspend the whole administration but they won’t. 

21 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The whole thing is a disaster for Starmer, a Labour cabinet selling off Council owned land and properties below market value to their gangster mates in one of the poorest cities in Europe. They should suspend the whole administration but they won’t. 

Starmer pisses me off because he’s a fraud and I doubt he will bother implementing anything simply because the majority of these cunts will be Labour lifers who’ve spent decades licking right wing arse and he clearly doesn’t want anyone remotely left wing being put in positions of power.

Having said all this, it’s not on him.  Its on his like though which has caused years of this festering in politics and the Labour Party. Labour didn’t want to introduce mandatory reelection on its MP’s which would have brought a massive amount of accountability and that sort of attitude bleeds down to every level.  Democracy itself isn’t fit for purpose in this country.

• Upvote 1

On 24/03/2021 at 20:20, Bruce Spanner said:

Isn't Chippy Tits bezzies with Big Len, who is in turn bezzies with Jezza, so maybe it takes a little bit more thought than 'St Jez good/'right wing shills' bad'. The whole party is fucking poison at present and maybe, just maybe, there is corruption that needs to be dealt with, but having Jenrick do it is like asking the Krays to look after Scotland Yard for a bit.

Just a thought...

Anyhow's Starmer is apparently backing it which is fucking awful, so, yeah, fuck 'em all.

I have no idea what's happening up there, but this isn't just political.

Anderson and others under inverstigation, removal of candidates with historical links, clandestine lists of potential candidates, no real leaks about anything from either camp about what's happening which is massively strange and now the Tories riding in from out of nowhere?

There is far more to this than meets the eye.

Fuck me, even Cherie Blair wouldn’t try and defend this stance, did you get this from Lisa and the crew in 4th year?

On 25/03/2021 at 00:46, elBooth said:

First time i've ever had Parliament Live on.  Hoping it's all something of nothing but got a horrible feeling this could be major.  I'm fully with the pushing back of the Tories from this city but that won't make what they've found out any less painful.

Nice!7E6184DF-07E9-4C9B-B5EA-1052245E98CD.jpeg

On 25/03/2021 at 01:07, elBooth said:

Robert Jenrick "son and grandson" of a scouser.  Shocking revelation.

Not really, some absolute arseholes have come from the city - McVey, Currie, Coffey (Billinge, but grew up there), Dorries, Nuttall, Hatton, Anderson. At least the first few are honest enough to be Tory or BNP.

but it was the mercantile capital. I grew up in late 70’s 80’s in a maisonette and then a corpy house, there were Tories a few doors down. It was always seen as a mark against them, they were a bit up their own holes.

On 25/03/2021 at 03:32, sir roger said:

You only need to buy one copy of Private Eye to see that corruption is endemic at every level of politics all around the country.

I used to love the Eye subscribed on and off for years, but I couldn’t read it anymore due to hislop on HIGNFY, all the shit that was in the paper, and he would still try join in with the labour kicking on the Tv. He knew far better, understood the consequences far more, and, like most from the middle, was likely to he impacted far less by the election of another Tory government.

time he handed over the reins, I suspect AHM might be getting lined up for that.

6 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Just read this, it’s shocking. Property sold without proper valuations to the same small number of buyers, companies created just to provide services to the council without proper tendering and constant bullying by Anderson and his clique. Basically the council had been infected by a parasite and was being eaten from the inside. There should be protests this weekend

@AngryofTuebrook go ed Mal lad.

Fucking loves a protest, Mal does. 

4 hours ago, General Dryness said:

@AngryofTuebrook go ed Mal lad.

Fucking loves a protest, Mal does. 

The point is people will do nothing becuase these crooks hide behind a Labour badge and distract the electorate with talk of the “evil Tories”. Read the report and you see these gangsters have basically taken over the council and were systematically robbing it by selling property too cheap or buying land at inflated prices to enrich themselves and their mates. They get away with it becuase either people say opposition to them is politically motivated or “what about the Tories, they’re worse” mentality. Meanwhile they keep syphoning off the cash in plain sight. I think the decent people of the city need to ask themselves why they let this happen time and time again. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The point is people will do nothing becuase these crooks hide behind a Labour badge and distract the electorate with talk of the “evil Tories”. Read the report and you see these gangsters have basically taken over the council and were systematically robbing it by selling property too cheap or buying land at inflated prices to enrich themselves and their mates. They get away with it becuase either people say opposition to them is politically motivated or “what about the Tories, they’re worse” mentality. Meanwhile they keep syphoning off the cash in plain sight. I think the decent people of the city need to ask themselves why they let this happen time and time again. 

He's not wrong.

While you're not wrong, tribalism isn't unique to Liverpool. All the allegations levelled at the council (corruption, sweetheart deals, bullying) have all been levelled at the Government too (Jenrick, Hancock and Patel just off the top of my head) yet the country as a whole won't reject them at the next election. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He's not wrong.

He isn't but it feels like the entire political class are corrupted even unintentionally bit by bit, I'll let that decision go if you back me on this decision, a million different power plays that leads to one giant mess. Even good intentions with enough concessions can end up corrupted. Until we have absolute transparency on a political level its going to happen. I've said for years the price to pay for public office is your finances are an open book, not what bits you buy with your public wage but everything else. Middle pages of every single local paper should be local accounts with links so you can check on every single penny spent in every department. Every share, business connection, meeting and deal an MP is involved in should be an open book. Local papers should provide information, websites every single day and a department that keeps track of our local representatives actions. If I see a new bin on a street I should be able to find it's cost, who installed it, who okayed it and how long the process took. If I drove past a new building site I should be able to go to my local paper every day and see the link I need and be able to find every detail about that site, who owns it, who sold it, the councils role. This should be set out simplistically as possible, so every day someone doesn't have to think I wonder how I can find that out or it will be a ball ache or fuck it I can't be arsed, you open the centre pages and the starting line is clear. They fill enough of these local papers with fucking gangsters, scumbags and adverts.

I'm on a tangent I don't know the possibilities whats realistic but if politics was a lot more transparent and accountability was a thing maybe the more dishonest, lazy ladder climbers might swerve public duty.

• Upvote 2

He’s not wrong and it’s not unique to Liverpool, even though it’s currently ‘front and centre’ there.

Not sure what the alternatives are in that particular part of the world though. Not sure whether there’s a subtle ‘Vote Tory’ message underlying these posts but, even if I give him the benefit of the doubt there, I can’t see that happening and nor should it.

I guess a protest might come through some kind of low turnout, or votes for some of the other parties, but really the  long game might be the better play. Weed out the corruption and dead wood and try and make the Labour Party more appealing to the young talent they could tap into in Liverpool but who may be turned off by its current leadership. 

It might take a while but one thing is for sure. Liverpool should stay red and never be blue.