You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others....

Bjornebye

29 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I think people should vote for whatever party they feel like, others should not judge them on their choices. If people want to vote tory what has it got to do with anyone else.

I dislike Mushrooms.

It's got nothing to do with anyone else if you keep your politics private, but if it's something you openly discuss then expect to be judged on it, whichever party you vote for.

43 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It wasn't really meant as a general question it was a question for Kurtz being about kicking out corruption that hides behind a red rosette but voting for a tory party thats riddled with it too. 

All political parties once they get into power will do what benefits them the most, it tends to be not who you trust the most but who you distrust the least.

On 27/03/2021 at 21:26, Doctor Troy said:

When Liverpool One was built, Cesar Pelli designed the Chavasse Park building. But the tinpot planning department decided to tell the fella who designed the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur that his design was shit and made him cut it down to a stumpy business park design.

The city of Liverpool has a lot of potential but it's been held back by people who only give a shit about themselves while telling its inhabitants that everyone is constantly against us.

On a side note.

I actually think Chavasse Park works really well from a city development perspective. The variety Ive seen there over the years in different kind of activities and projects been both interesting and helpful. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, johnsusername said:

What is it about Yip you think would make him a good mayor of Liverpool?

I'm not 100% convinced he will be a good mayor, but I'm certain I don't want the alternatives. I don't see Tory or liberal as an option and I think it will be good for the city to have someone who isn't inside that labour system. He's a bloke who seems in touch with the priorities of the city, he doesn't get a free pass because of a labour rosette so he'll need to earn any 2nd term, he's run a succesful charity for many years, seems to be capable of articulating himself well and I'm in favour of his message of unity at this point - we need all city politicians to help drag this city forward. His 10 point plan we probably could have all done, but doing the fucking obvious is not something we've had from people leading the city for most of my life time. 

Plan to Reset Liverpool

• A new Independent body to enforce the highest standards of behaviour and transparency across our Council.
  • Root and branch investigation into alleged corruption across all Council departments.
  • Build homes for families not speculators – make sure we’re building the rights homes for the future in the right places.
  • Harness the talent and potential of our young people to rebuild our City with a city-wide skills initiative offering quality vocational training and qualifications. 
  • Work with parents, carers, schools and universities on a city-wide “Summer School” to help kids catch up with their studies.
  • Put Liverpool ahead of the game by making AI an integral part of our children’s education – prepare now for the jobs of the future.
  • Ensure regeneration reaches every part of our city and delivers investment and opportunity to every neighbourhood.
  • Launch Team Liverpool, an army of volunteers to combat loneliness and improve our neighbourhoods.
  • Work with businesses, retailers, designers and community groups to rethink and revive the City Centre post-Covid.
  • Launch a joined-up Green Plan for Liverpool to make our City clean, safe and sustainable for future generations. 
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'So, you say you're not a crook, but here's the evidence. So, are you a crook?'

Strange to put himself out there like that.

He's a slippery fucker, but that I think was a bad move by him.

When he was questioned about his sons company getting council contracts was the perfect opportunity to deflect onto the Tories.

The way the interview was going, I'm surprised he didn't.