You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others....

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Joe Anderson is using taxpayers money for his legal fees. That 89 grand bill is going to get bigger. 

I think it’s legitimate that elected officials get funding, the rights and wrongs of that we could argue about forever though.

Big Len will stump up soon, don’t worry, he has done before, unless he feels he’s already too linked to this bullshit in which case he’ll funnel it through one of the slush funds in the unions, one of which is paying school fees for illegitimate kids...

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Joe Anderson is using taxpayers money for his legal fees. That 89 grand bill is going to get bigger. 

If guilty he should pay out of his own pockets. I want to see every single fucking penny, share, property, everything this fucker owns or has owned. His entire worth and anything he's given away to friends or family because if he is guilty and is found guilty he should pay the financial price aswell as losing his freedom. If found not guilty he should be completely ostracised from politics for incompetence.

13 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

The council seems to bend over backwards for the owner. He tried opening a hotel in Cardiff and he got hit with loads of fines for delaying the project.

All this mess started when Diamond Joe and Kenwright had a major falling out when signature living got the knock back at the last minute in buying the municipal buildings on dale street the other year. 

Kenwright never recovered and has seen his empire crumble to the point that he was caught hiding out in his apartment in the shankly hotel while Chinese investors were hunting him down a couple of years back. 

Mayor Joe had serious protection in this city and rightly felt bulletproof but when people get drunk in restaurants and light hearted comments get personal then we get to where we are now.

I'm intrigued why the Tories are even cited (on this thread, elsewhere?) as an option in Liverpool? I'm from Liverpool but have been a bit of an outsider for a while so forgive my ignorance, but do they ever even come second in local elections?  Okay fair enough don't vote Labour, but why would Tory be any Labour voters second choice in Liverpool?

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

A man who advises people how to avoid paying millions in tax will sort it all out.

Not advises, goes against the existing rules and overides government inspectors to authorise something which saved somebody millions in tax, with evidence of collusion, to delibrately defraud the local 'commie' council of valuable funds.

It was far worse than advises and was fully in breach of the ministerial code, this is independant of the dodgy handouts to his consituancy that seem to have been forgotten about, which would also amount to a breach.

Labour, and others, called for a full inquiry, it fell on deaf ears and was brushed away.

The fact this schmuck is fronting this I think is a level of satire even Iannucci would struggle to belive possible.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Not advises, goes against the existing rules and overides government inspectors to authorise something which saved somebody millions in tax, with evidence in collusion, to delibrately defraud the local council of valuable funds.

It was far worse than advises and was fully in breach of the ministerial code, this is independant of the dodgy handouts to his consituancy that seem to have been forgotten about, which would also amount to a breach.

Labour, and others, called for a full inquiry, it fell on deaf ears and was brushed away.

The fact this schmuck is fronting this I think is a level of satire even Iannucci would struggle to belive possible.

I felt mine was more pithy 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm not sure how the Chief Exec of LCC can show his face at work considering what's going on. Isn't he supposed to be in charge?? 

He’s been praised very highly in the report for actually appearing to give a fuck. 

Also, could be wrong, but isn’t he not long in the role? Like less than a year to eighteen months.

24 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

He’s been praised very highly in the report for actually appearing to give a fuck. 

Also, could be wrong, but isn’t he not long in the role? Like less than a year to eighteen months.

It has been suggested that he is one of the very few positives at the council , although I would suggest that with the savage Tory cuts that have been dealt to our council and many others I can't see how any other parties would have made much more of a success of it ( I would point out that I dislike Anderson and his cabal intensely , before the usual suspects appear with the red rosette on a pig spiel.)