You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others....

Bjornebye

J A Holidays are now taking Summer 2021 bookings for our superb beach-front holiday villas at Ainsdale and New Brighton. Step out right from your patio doors to experience fun in the sand and sun.*

*Not ATOL protected. No refunds if we have to cancel. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if like in Liverpool, Manchester were charging £2.30 for going one stop or 20 made them take the buses back 

Inzamam Rashid
@inzyrashid
BREAKING: Manchester is the first city outside of London to put buses back into public control since 1980s. Greater Manchester mayor @AndyBurnhamGM has just announced the landmark decision.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Twas ever thus.

There's a reason we used to have the highest council tax in the country under Labour, before the Lib Dems got in.

Exactly what I thought before reading your post.

I remember how bad it was under Hatton in the 80s, but when I moved back home briefly 10 years ago it seemed every supposedly honest agency was corrupt.

Got massively screwed over by a well-known Liverpool wide estate agent (with a triple-barrelled name) when I rented out my 2 bed home in Kenny whilst down south. I wanted it to go through a managing agent who had a social conscience, but when I moved back I found it was sub-let to 3 families who had massively damaged the property and were squatting because the agency had not given them notice as per instruction.

The managing agent told me that one of the squatters had told her he would be looking for me if I made a fuss, and went on and on about how handy he was and I should be scared. She said she would cover for me if I let it drop and basically was a good chap. When I asked her if it was actually her who was threatening me via a third party she got offended and said she would tell the hard man what I said. I told her to tell him I would be at the KFC County Road the next day at noon. I didn't sadly, but I told her to tell him to meet me at the house to discuss it. He never showed up.

The local authority people who awarded the "socially responsible landlord" said it wasn't worth their time or mine pursuing this.

Fucking Atlantic City in all but name.

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I wonder if like in Liverpool, Manchester were charging £2.30 for going one stop or 20 made them take the buses back 

Inzamam Rashid
@inzyrashid
BREAKING: Manchester is the first city outside of London to put buses back into public control since 1980s. Greater Manchester mayor @AndyBurnhamGM has just announced the landmark decision.

Manchester had a huge problem with buses, I think it was the most 'bused' route in the world and a lot of companies tried to get involved.

You had about five companies who were trying to monopolise the train station to Fallowfield run, essentailly the route through the city centre and the universities and students houses.

So they undercut, put more busses on ect until Princess Strret became a joke, you'd genuinelly have three four of the same bus at each stop, the roads were congested as fuck and causing tailbacks.

On 24/03/2021 at 17:43, Colonel Kurtz said:

In my opinion, Heseltine, a Minister under Thatcher, did more for the city and bought in more regeneration money in the 1980s than any politician since the war. He was the architect of its transformation from an economy based on shipping into one based on leisure and tourism. There should be a statue of him in the City but there won't be becuase of blinkered party tribalism. 

He was just a figurehead rolled out to try and showed the tories gave a shit about Merseyside when the exact opposite was true. He was a cunt and was involved in all the shit that fucked up Merseyside,and many other working class areas beforehand. A statue to one of Thatcher's cabinet in Liverpool? Fuckin hell!

• Upvote 2

What is going to happen to all these half finished sites, I’m guessing selling them to other shysters is off the table now. The big development on the end of West Derby hasn’t been touched since well before we won the CL, just the other side of the Grafton is another, the huge one by the Royal, the New Royal itself among many others. This shit show will take years to sort and people need sending down, a lot are involved from Councillors, Developers, Builders etc. Some have made a fortune others lost all, sad things is there will always be scumbags like these.

16 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What is going to happen to all these half finished sites, I’m guessing selling them to other shysters is off the table now. The big development on the end of West Derby hasn’t been touched since well before we won the CL, just the other side of the Grafton is another, the huge one by the Royal, the New Royal itself among many others. This shit show will take years to sort and people need sending down, a lot are involved from Councillors, Developers, Builders etc. Some have made a fortune others lost all, sad things is there will always be scumbags like these.

They will be told off and retire into the sun living off their rented properties they earned unethically. They should be bankrupted if guilty and jailed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I suggest you read the report about what a Labour mayor has being doing to the Council for the last few years. Selling land and property to his mates at below value, setting up shell companies to win contracts, bullying anybody who tried to stop him. Basically stealing from some of the most deprived communities in the UK. They get away with it becuase of the unthinking tribal myopia of people like you. 

You think people will accept what Anderson has done because he is Labour.

• Upvote 1

I suggest you read the report about what a Labour mayor has being doing to the Council for the last few years. Selling land and property to his mates at below value, setting up shell companies to win contracts, bullying anybody who tried to stop him. Basically stealing from some of the most deprived communities in the UK. They get away with it becuase of the unthinking tribal myopia of people like you. 

People are well aware of Fat Joe and the mob’s activities. Doesn’t change the fact Liverpool  had its central government grants cut harder than Tory voting areas since 2010. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Kepler-186 said:

People are well aware of Fat Joe and the mob’s activities. Doesn’t change the fact Liverpool  had its central government grants cut harder than Tory voting areas since 2010. 

Yup.

Well will see come the elections in May. The city has a chance to clear out the stables and vote in a completely new administration but I bet they don’t take it. Everyone will blame Anderson and vote in all his Labour mates regardless. This waste, corruption and incompetence has been going on for 20 years now. 

You just stick to petitioning against a posh apartment block getting built in Epsom while we worry about our city trying to house every student in the Northern Hemisphere. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Manchester had a huge problem with buses, I think it was the most 'bused' route in the world and a lot of companies tried to get involved.

You had about five companies who were trying to monopolise the train station to Fallowfield run, essentailly the route through the city centre and the universities and students houses.

So they undercut, put more busses on ect until Princess Strret became a joke, you'd genuinelly have three four of the same bus at each stop, the roads were congested as fuck and causing tailbacks.

And get charged a fortune for the pleasure, one stop or twenty.

As always it just comes down to accountability.  This city like many other places in the country has made its choice of political party like a football team and will just back it regardless.  The tories can’t make the council accountable without removing local democracy altogether which in the long run would just encounter exactly the same problems.  It’s down to the Labour hierarchy to make councillors and mayors accountable to them.  Labour should be making it’s own rules and regulations on top of the clearly weak ones in place which give people like Anderson carte blanche to do whatever they want.  Any contract or agreement the council enters into shouldn’t just be “available” as an FOI they should be published as soon as they are signed.  There’s so many obvious things that could be put in place to stop shenanigans but it won’t happen because nobody wants to be scrutinised.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How boss would it be if Everton get caught up in this and they use the Rico act to prosecute all their fans.

I don't see what Louis Spence has got to do with Bramley Moore like but I'm all for it. So will Kchhamez lad" be. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How boss would it be if Everton get caught up in this and they use the Rico act to prosecute all their fans.

I reckon they’ve had wind of this from a while ago which is why the public funding talk completely disappeared.  The only thing I reckon that might come out as being dodgy is the council paying for due diligence to be able to offer them the finance backing in the first place.  Why the fuck the council were spending money on this to benefit a billionaire owned club getting a cheap loan is clearly ridiculous.  His shouts of they will pay it back were laughable as well.  It was obvious to anyone that they were only paying anything back if the finance went through which it didn’t but all is silent there surprisingly.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The whole thing is a disaster for Starmer, a Labour cabinet selling off Council owned land and properties below market value to their gangster mates in one of the poorest cities in Europe. They should suspend the whole administration but they won’t. 

Starmer pisses me off because he’s a fraud and I doubt he will bother implementing anything simply because the majority of these cunts will be Labour lifers who’ve spent decades licking right wing arse and he clearly doesn’t want anyone remotely left wing being put in positions of power.

Having said all this, it’s not on him.  Its on his like though which has caused years of this festering in politics and the Labour Party. Labour didn’t want to introduce mandatory reelection on its MP’s which would have brought a massive amount of accountability and that sort of attitude bleeds down to every level.  Democracy itself isn’t fit for purpose in this country.

• Upvote 1

On 24/03/2021 at 20:20, Bruce Spanner said:

Isn't Chippy Tits bezzies with Big Len, who is in turn bezzies with Jezza, so maybe it takes a little bit more thought than 'St Jez good/'right wing shills' bad'. The whole party is fucking poison at present and maybe, just maybe, there is corruption that needs to be dealt with, but having Jenrick do it is like asking the Krays to look after Scotland Yard for a bit.

Just a thought...

Anyhow's Starmer is apparently backing it which is fucking awful, so, yeah, fuck 'em all.

I have no idea what's happening up there, but this isn't just political.

Anderson and others under inverstigation, removal of candidates with historical links, clandestine lists of potential candidates, no real leaks about anything from either camp about what's happening which is massively strange and now the Tories riding in from out of nowhere?

There is far more to this than meets the eye.

Fuck me, even Cherie Blair wouldn’t try and defend this stance, did you get this from Lisa and the crew in 4th year?

On 25/03/2021 at 00:46, elBooth said:

First time i've ever had Parliament Live on.  Hoping it's all something of nothing but got a horrible feeling this could be major.  I'm fully with the pushing back of the Tories from this city but that won't make what they've found out any less painful.

Nice!7E6184DF-07E9-4C9B-B5EA-1052245E98CD.jpeg

On 25/03/2021 at 01:07, elBooth said:

Robert Jenrick "son and grandson" of a scouser.  Shocking revelation.

Not really, some absolute arseholes have come from the city - McVey, Currie, Coffey (Billinge, but grew up there), Dorries, Nuttall, Hatton, Anderson. At least the first few are honest enough to be Tory or BNP.

but it was the mercantile capital. I grew up in late 70’s 80’s in a maisonette and then a corpy house, there were Tories a few doors down. It was always seen as a mark against them, they were a bit up their own holes.

On 25/03/2021 at 03:32, sir roger said:

You only need to buy one copy of Private Eye to see that corruption is endemic at every level of politics all around the country.

I used to love the Eye subscribed on and off for years, but I couldn’t read it anymore due to hislop on HIGNFY, all the shit that was in the paper, and he would still try join in with the labour kicking on the Tv. He knew far better, understood the consequences far more, and, like most from the middle, was likely to he impacted far less by the election of another Tory government.

time he handed over the reins, I suspect AHM might be getting lined up for that.

6 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Just read this, it’s shocking. Property sold without proper valuations to the same small number of buyers, companies created just to provide services to the council without proper tendering and constant bullying by Anderson and his clique. Basically the council had been infected by a parasite and was being eaten from the inside. There should be protests this weekend

@AngryofTuebrook go ed Mal lad.

Fucking loves a protest, Mal does. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The point is people will do nothing becuase these crooks hide behind a Labour badge and distract the electorate with talk of the “evil Tories”. Read the report and you see these gangsters have basically taken over the council and were systematically robbing it by selling property too cheap or buying land at inflated prices to enrich themselves and their mates. They get away with it becuase either people say opposition to them is politically motivated or “what about the Tories, they’re worse” mentality. Meanwhile they keep syphoning off the cash in plain sight. I think the decent people of the city need to ask themselves why they let this happen time and time again. 

He's not wrong.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The point is people will do nothing becuase these crooks hide behind a Labour badge and distract the electorate with talk of the “evil Tories”. Read the report and you see these gangsters have basically taken over the council and were systematically robbing it by selling property too cheap or buying land at inflated prices to enrich themselves and their mates. They get away with it becuase either people say opposition to them is politically motivated or “what about the Tories, they’re worse” mentality. Meanwhile they keep syphoning off the cash in plain sight. I think the decent people of the city need to ask themselves why they let this happen time and time again. 

While you're not wrong, tribalism isn't unique to Liverpool. All the allegations levelled at the council (corruption, sweetheart deals, bullying) have all been levelled at the Government too (Jenrick, Hancock and Patel just off the top of my head) yet the country as a whole won't reject them at the next election. 

• Upvote 6