You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marine

Section_31

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Used to go down there too, not sure if some of them have gone? The Blobber can't think of the next one, but the Jawbone is still going I believe. 

My Grandads old pub was King Dicks that's long gone, that other pubs name fucksake. 

I think I might of gone in the jawbone once. Maybe, not entirely sure now. Not really done the Bootle Village or Knowsley Road lot too much

I went to college in Huge Turd. Few lads I knew knocked around there but I was always a Crosby/Waterloo Drinker.  

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Probably ours, the Natwest , never worked there but went on a disciplinary there one day

( I was the union rep ) and went with the lad involved for a pint in the Seaforth Arms when his initial interview had finished. It was a complete shithole but I am a bit miffed that I wasn't offered a gobble by the locals. As we were leaving I said to the lad that I would see him the next day and he said that he had a feeling it might be delayed and winked. The next morning I got a call saying some of the 'local scallies' had put a potato in the inspector's exhaust and his car had blown up on the 62.

Pretty sure you’re spot on. Yeah either a Nat West or a Midland. Can’t recall.

Midland! that’s how long ago it was 

• Upvote 1

I moves there in 2002 as it was a lot cheaper than Crosby and Waterloo. Where i lived it was ok as it was a small cull de sac and the people in the street were sound. 

Most of the area was rough and the pubs were always on the verge of shutting. 

Rawson road over the other side of the motorway was rough and reminded me of one of those areas in America that get abandoned when the main factory shuts. 

That Rossini street was a shithole, felt sorry for my mate raising 2 young kids there surrounded by scumbags. When I moved I came down to see him and loads of arseholes were eyeing up my car every 2 minutes. On the way back my car broke down outside a pizza shop facing that parade of shops. It was about 2am and I was still waiting for the AA and a load of women came down from the flats about and all got in a van that parked up sharpish. Obviously a brass house. 

The only shops that ever did well on that street was the cafe, takeaway places, sunbed shops and the offy. 

• Upvote 1

I moved there in 2002 as it was a lot cheaper than Crosby and Waterloo. Where i lived it was ok as it was a small cull de sac and the people in the street were sound. 

Most of the area was rough and the pubs were always on the verge of shutting. 

Rawson road over the other side of the motorway was rough and reminded me of one of those areas in America that get abandoned when the main factory shuts. 

That Rossini street was a shithole, felt sorry for my mate raising 2 young kids there surrounded by scumbags. When I moved I came down to see him and loads of arseholes were eyeing up my car every 2 minutes. On the way back my car broke down outside a pizza shop facing that parade of shops. It was about 2am and I was still waiting for the AA and a load of women came down from the flats about and all got in a van that parked up sharpish. Obviously a brass house. 

The only shops that ever did well on that street was the cafe, takeaway places, sunbed shops and the offy. 

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

No I know, The Stanley? That one you mention was a club once, just before that bridge on the left as you turned towards the Strand, there's another The Beaky, 

Think that’s gone too. There were loads knocking about then but even the likes of Sully’s has gone over the years and that used to be rammed.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Used to go to Sullies and the Cat and Fiddle. Worked in St Martin's House and most of our fridays would be spent in the Merton. Got barred for spewing up all over the bogs on the last friday before Christmas, however they completely forgot about it when I went in the first friday in January.

Well it was a year ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

When I moved I came down to see him and loads of arseholes were eyeing up my car every 2 minutes. On the way back my car broke down outside a pizza shop facing that parade of shops. It was about 2am and I was still waiting for the AA and a load of women came down from the flats about and all got in a van that parked up sharpish. Obviously a brass hou

To be fair to the arseholes they probably just thought the engine sounded rough.

• 1 month later...

Marine have sold more virtual tickets than their record attendance now so they dont lose out on revenue.

Carragher has replaced a sponsor who dropped out last minute and even Mourinho has entered a raffle to manage Marine in a pre season friendly.

All good stuff for the club. Their media department has done interviews with the Russian, Spanish and German media also.

• Upvote 1

On 09/01/2021 at 10:41, Doctor Troy said:

Marine have sold more virtual tickets than their record attendance now so they dont lose out on revenue.

Carragher has replaced a sponsor who dropped out last minute and even Mourinho has entered a raffle to manage Marine in a pre season friendly.

All good stuff for the club. Their media department has done interviews with the Russian, Spanish and German media also.

Haha, Mourinho's a twat but good on him for entering the raffle for a chance to manage them.

• Upvote 1