You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marine

Section_31

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haha, the Kents was alright. The Seaforth Castle I thought was just past the station, Greelys? I remember tripping in there and what an experience that was, that Gary Numan was on and it was getting to me in an old man's pub, fuckin ' things you got up to. 

Yes the landlord would be Sid Sidiankey, he was alight, the last time I was in when he was there has to be a out 10 years ago, maybe not that long. 

The castle is, well was past the park with the gym in the old cinema. 

Carry on towards the front and it was on the same road going towards the Caradoc. The picture below is the only one I could find of it not boarded up.

My mate lived in Rossini street and most of the scumbags who lived in his road frequented the place. He came home from work one night to find one of the local smackheads dead on a doorway opposite his house. That motivated him to move!

Yes, know Sid and I'm friends with one of his sons. The gym moved to the Star of the Sea social club. 

You have to love the fact that Gary Numan was in Seaforth.

EhzAuqRXcAAJR1l.jpeg.jpg

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haha, the Kents was alright. The Seaforth Castle I thought was just past the station, Greelys? I remember tripping in there and what an experience that was, that Gary Numan was on and it was getting to me in an old man's pub, fuckin ' things you got up to. 

Yes the landlord would be Sid Sidiankey, he was alight, the last time I was in when he was there has to be a out 10 years ago, maybe not that long. 

I think Sid still coaches at the Star of the Sea. My nephews used to train with him and loved the fella. He must be cracking on now.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I think Sid still coaches at the Star of the Sea. My nephews used to train with him and loved the fella. He must be cracking on now.

Yeah he does. Think he's about 62 now and has 12 grandchildren. 

He coached some female boxer who had a fight at Wembley Arena a few weeks ago. Eddie Hearn was at the weigh in. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The castle is, well was past the park with the gym in the old cinema. 

Carry on towards the front and it was on the same road going towards the Caradoc. The picture below is the only one I could find of it not boarded up.

My mate lived in Rossini street and most of the scumbags who lived in his road frequented the place. He came home from work one night to find one of the local smackheads dead on a doorway opposite his house. That motivated him to move!

Yes, know Sid and I'm friends with one of his sons. The gym moved to the Star of the Sea social club. 

You have to love the fact that Gary Numan was in Seaforth.

EhzAuqRXcAAJR1l.jpeg.jpg

I know the one you mean now, knew a lad as kids who lived by there Ged Murphy alias Corratwerp. That Numan track is in my head now, Are Friends Electric I think   trying to ask the woman behind the bar for 10 No6, she kept on insisting that it's cheaper if I went the offy over road, hard work, when that tune was on and tripping. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Where's that, the back of the Strand? I was looking at an old photo of a team from about 78 and a few mates was on it and Sidiankey, some of them have died now, and one comment said something about him as if he had died, I know he hasn't  ut it couldn't of been his Dad as I'm a year younger, and I don't recall Sid being in the Cenny. 

9 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Where's that, the back of the Strand? I was looking at an old photo of a team from about 78 and a few mates was on it and Sidiankey, some of them have died now, and one comment said something about him as if he had died, I know he hasn't  ut it couldn't of been his Dad as I'm a year younger, and I don't recall Sid being in the Cenny. 

It’s at the back of Seaforth Road by the little park area. As the good doctor said, he’s still alive and very much kicking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

You couldn't send me the photo could you?. I'll send it to him and his son on Facebook.

Apparently he was a really good footballer in his younger days. 

All the Boozers round Seaforth have been shite for 30 years.

loads of them have gone now too. Sanddown, Claremont, Doric, Inty etc 

surprised to hear the Caradoc is still going. It was shithole when I last went I there circa 1993. Doubt it’s improved. 

Ive not been in the Benos since about 2004. It was run down then and Seaforth Road has got much worse still, can’t imagine any of them have improved. I don’t think there been a cash point or bank down there in 25 years 

2 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

surprised to hear the Caradoc is still going. It was shithole when I last went I there circa 1993. Doubt it’s improved. 

Ive not been in the Benos since about 2004. It was run down then and Seaforth Road had got much worse still, can’t imagine any of them have improved. I don’t think there been a cash point or bank down there in 25 years 

Therr was on outside the PO office but that was 10 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Therr was on outside the PO office but that was 10 years ago. 

I’m going back to early 2000’s probably went in then. 

Even when there was banks and building societies were still down there there were no cash machines. Those were the days before cashpoints were common. 

That the last Bank must’ve moved out in the early 1990s

1 minute ago, RJ Fan club said:

I’m going back to early 2000’s probably went in then. 

Even when there was banks and building societies were still down there there were no cash machines. Those were the days before cashpoints were common. 

Nothing like that, I was in that Cafe in that sort of square opposite and used it then, as I say upto 10 years ago. 

Just now, easytoslip said:

Nothing like that, I was in that Cafe in that sort of square opposite and used it then, as I say upto 10 years ago. 

Nah. I don’t doubt they might have put a post office cash point in. I have no idea

i was just saying there was fuck economic activity  down Seaforth Road. Which is a shame as back in the 80’s it was okay

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Ive not been in the Benos since about 2004. It was run down then and Seaforth Road has got much worse still, can’t imagine any of them have improved. I don’t think there been a cash point or bank down there in 25 years 

I played in the Caradoc in the early nineties just once. No word of a lie, there were more people in the band than in the audience.

16 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

The Doric was okay in the 90’s, but if you lived round there you went into South Road for a pint. So it was always hanging on 

likewise if you lived Seaforth Village you’d be better off in Bootle Village 

Used to go down there too, not sure if some of them have gone? The Blobber can't think of the next one, but the Jawbone is still going I believe. 

My Grandads old pub was King Dicks that's long gone, that other pubs name fucksake. 

22 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Probably ours, the Natwest , never worked there but went on a disciplinary there one day

( I was the union rep ) and went with the lad involved for a pint in the Seaforth Arms when his initial interview had finished. It was a complete shithole but I am a bit miffed that I wasn't offered a gobble by the locals. As we were leaving I said to the lad that I would see him the next day and he said that he had a feeling it might be delayed and winked. The next morning I got a call saying some of the 'local scallies' had put a potato in the inspector's exhaust and his car had blown up on the 62.

• Upvote 1