Quantcast
Liverpool 1 Ajax 0 (Dec 1 2020) - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Liverpool 1 Ajax 0 (Dec 1 2020)

Recommended Posts

 

 
dave_usher.jpg
 
Report by
Dave Usher

 

That was great. Just what we needed. Good performance, loads of balls shown by the lads, a win, qualification from the group and - fingers crossed - no serious injuries. No wonder Klopp looked happy for the first time in a couple of weeks afterwards.

 

Even leaving aside the positive result for us this was just a great game of football. Really enjoyable to watch from first minute to last. Two teams just going after each other with attacking intent and not a VAR review in sight. We even had linesmen flagging for offsides! It was like a throwback to when football was fun. 

 

It's so much better like this, even though if this had been a Premier League game we’d have been facing ten men as Ajax would almost certainly have been a man down when their young centre half chopped down Sadio as he went clean through. The ref gave a yellow when that was a clear red. You know what though, if decisions like that are the price to pay for scrapping VAR, sound. I can live with that.

 

There have been refereeing decisions in the recent past that have stayed with me. Naby not getting a penalty against Leicester. Kompany not being sent off for the foul on Mo. Sterling and Suarez having goals ruled out for outrageously bad offside calls. I could go on, but the point I want to make here is that none of them have left me as angry, frustrated and disillusioned as I have been with VAR.

 

So let the officials do their jobs, like in this game. How refreshing was it to just have a normal game of football? I know VAR is in use in these games and I've seen some CL ruined by it, but my point is that we didn’t see it here and the game was infinitely more enjoyable as a spectacle because of it. I know it’s easy to say that because we won but I’d honestly made the decision even before the game had ended that I was going to bring this up in the report regardless.

 

It was just a really good, entertaining game of football and despite the ref not getting everything right, the intent was there from him to just let the players play. Last week against Atalanta was similar actually. That ref just wouldn't give any free-kicks at all. I reckon he switched off his ear piece so he didn't have to listen to anyone advising him on anything, because 'fuck that, I'm letting them play'.

 

The problem last week was that the ref was trying to let us play but we didn’t oblige him. That game was terrible because we were shite, that’s all.

 

And because of that result we really needed to get something in this one to avoid the nervy finale next week in Denmark, or Germany or wherever it will eventually be played. Klopp went with the strongest line up he could and as I’d said in the Brighton report I think that was the smart play, even if it had meant we picked up another injury or two. It was a risk he had to take.

 

And it paid off because now we can completely disregard that final group game and send the legends team over to play it. Ok, not really as they aren’t eligible, but the kids are as they don’t need to be registered. Send them over to play the game and rest EVERYBODY. Because we can. Its not even like Ajax or Atalanta need us to take the game seriously as it has no bearing on their qualification.

 

 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

 

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up the fucking siege mentality, sticking together and fighting for each other Reds!

 

Absolutely spot on Dave, whereas our incredible run last year broke everyone I've got a feeling that this siege mentality will break them again.

We shouldn't be in the position we are.

Goalie was MOM for me due to what was riding on the game but Gini was outstanding.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spot on about the criticism of Neco, Dave. seems to be the trend with a lot of the social media crowd. I saw a clip on You Tube of some cunt pretending to be a Liverpool fan wanting Klopp sacked!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go on Robbo lad. Plays through the pain. And Jordan. Proper that. Tell you what, potential Liverpool players should be made to play a couple of games of rugby league before they're allowed to sign for us. Those two would have no problem with it. Some of the others? They'd be in a mortuary within ten seconds of simply looking at the opposition. 

 

And you've mentioned a few of them... I'm afraid I couldn't give less of a fuck about Naby and AOC. Naby coz he's shit and NEVER fit, AOC coz he's less shit and NEVER fit. Then Thiago. Well. I'm afraid he gets the benefit of my doubt temporarily because, in the little we HAVE seen of him, he was amazing. He gets a bye with this "injury" as I have no idea how bad it is. But if and when he's back playing and he goes down again soon after, he can piss off as well. I've no time for yet another fucking physio-botherer, however good he might be for ten seconds. 

 

And although injuries aren't his problem, unless Minnie gets it together pronto, he can fuck off too. Rarely have I been so excited about a signing than his, and I'm afraid I'm more than a little underwhelmed.

 

So, two definitely "not my boys" and two more pushing in that direction. 

 

Finally Alisson. Too many injuries knobhead. Because you're extraordinary, I'll leave you alone for now, but you need to sort yourself out mate. You're a "gloveman" (@VladimirIlyich) not a fucking marathon runner. Thank goodness Kev did a decent job last night. He, and we, needed that. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great report, Dave. That was a good game against a very good team. They looked way fitter than us, it’s a bit worrying. 
 

The young lads did well !

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff Dave. So much to enjoy about last night: The absence of VAR to ruin everything, young lads doing brilliantly, the older warriors like Gini, Robbo and Hendo leading the way and the week's break the win buys us. 

 

Kelleher has to start against Wolves now. I can't see any sense in reverting to Adrian. 

 

And Curtis Jones is still only 19. He can be whatever he wants, once he puts the work in. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Carradona said:

You haven't gone strong enough in your praise for Caoimhin, the only Irish performer in the Champions League since Steve Finnan.

Fixed that for you, Cain. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aws beat me to it. That was an open goal but he snuck in front of me and stole it, like Arbeloa did that time to Ronaldo.

 

I'm as pissed off right now as Ronaldo was here

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Spot on about the criticism of Neco, Dave. seems to be the trend with a lot of the social media crowd. I saw a clip on You Tube of some cunt pretending to be a Liverpool fan wanting Klopp sacked!

 

he's not one of the 'Writers' on here is he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Bobby’s missed chance , the  save may have been great, he should have buried it. We would have talked of that goal for years .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave u said:

aws beat me to it. That was an open goal but he snuck in front of me and stole it, like Arbeloa did that time to Ronaldo.

 

I'm as pissed off right now as Ronaldo was here

 

 

Did I never tell you that goal-hanging was my position too? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aws said:

Fixed that for you, Cain. 

 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

aws beat me to it. That was an open goal but he snuck in front of me and stole it, like Arbeloa did that time to Ronaldo.

 

I'm as pissed off right now as Ronaldo was here

 

 

But what about Robbie Keane and John O'Shea??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dave u said:

The same John O'Shea who was nutmegged in the school playground by our very own @johnb ??

Dangerous game referencing anything or anybody associated to the county Waterford to JohnB at the moment...very sensitive topic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great report Dave,incredible result and great team spirit shown.Im made up Klopp doesn't use the injuries in press conferences, he just puts his trust 100 %in whichever players he has left to select from.I love this club so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Know what you are saying about the Huntelaar save, Dave, but not that different to Keane's header in the derby that went right through Adrian.

Good shout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good report dave. It was indeed a brilliant game, the lads were fantastic. Great to see Jurgen smiling again. 

a14b052.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2020 at 14:12, rb14 said:

Go on Robbo lad. Plays through the pain. And Jordan. Proper that. Tell you what, potential Liverpool players should be made to play a couple of games of rugby league before they're allowed to sign for us. Those two would have no problem with it. Some of the others? They'd be in a mortuary within ten seconds of simply looking at the opposition. 

 

And you've mentioned a few of them... I'm afraid I couldn't give less of a fuck about Naby and AOC. Naby coz he's shit and NEVER fit, AOC coz he's less shit and NEVER fit. Then Thiago. Well. I'm afraid he gets the benefit of my doubt temporarily because, in the little we HAVE seen of him, he was amazing. He gets a bye with this "injury" as I have no idea how bad it is. But if and when he's back playing and he goes down again soon after, he can piss off as well. I've no time for yet another fucking physio-botherer, however good he might be for ten seconds. 

 

And although injuries aren't his problem, unless Minnie gets it together pronto, he can fuck off too. Rarely have I been so excited about a signing than his, and I'm afraid I'm more than a little underwhelmed.

 

So, two definitely "not my boys" and two more pushing in that direction. 

 

Finally Alisson. Too many injuries knobhead. Because you're extraordinary, I'll leave you alone for now, but you need to sort yourself out mate. You're a "gloveman" (@VladimirIlyich) not a fucking marathon runner. Thank goodness Kev did a decent job last night. He, and we, needed that. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×