You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kelleher: I am over the moon with how the night went for me

TLW

Caoimhin Kelleher has expressed his delight over his starring performance as Liverpool clinched qualification to the knockout stage after a 1-0 win against Ajax at Anfield on Wednesday night.

After Alisson was ruled out of the important fixture with a hamstring injury, Jurgen Klopp put his faith in the 22 year-old Irishman who had only made four senior appearances for the Reds in domestic cup games.

And the youngster certainly did not let his boss down as he showed maturity beyond his years commanding his area and making some critical saves including one from point blank range from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in the last few minutes of regular time.

Speaking after the game to the Official site, Kelleher spoke about when he got the news that he was going to be the man between the posts and his general emotions after the 90 minutes of action.

“I found out yesterday, I got told by management and stuff. Then in the team shape we did, I was the starting goalie. I was excited when I found out and then just tried to focus on the game from there.

“I’m just over the moon really with how the whole night went for me and for the whole team to get the win and to qualify. Just delighted."

image.png

Kelleher, who recently floated the idea of going on loan in the new year to gain first team experience, recalled the moment he made his first save and that allowed him to be able to ease his nerves.

“It gives you more confidence that you can make them (saves) and it gave me confidence from there. Thankfully I was able to make a few others.

“I think the main thing tonight was to get the win and qualify. There's so many games in this hectic schedule that we just need to do our best. We've qualified tonight, so that was the main objective"

The Republic of Ireland youth international confirmed that fellow custodian Alisson had sent him a good luck message but he was incredibly heartened by the support of Adrian who would have been naturally disappointed to miss out on the call-up.

“I didn't see Ali yesterday because I think he was gone, but I got a text before the game just to tell me good luck. Adrian was a really great support. He told me, 'I'm with you 100 per cent and supporting you no matter what.' To get that from him was really kind of him.”

The gloveman said that he was also indebted for the support of his manager and says he will always be ready for any further opportunity that comes his way.

“It was a nice moment for him to come to me and to get an embrace. He just said it's fully deserved, so it was a nice moment for me.

“(In terms of more opportunities) That's all I can do. When I get my opportunity, I just need to take it. I think I've done well tonight, so hopefully I can push on and if I get another opportunity, just take it again.”

View full article

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TLW said:

Caoimhin Kelleher has expressed his delight over his starring performance as Liverpool clinched qualification to the knockout stage after a 1-0 win against Ajax at Anfield on Wednesday night.

After Alisson was ruled out of the important fixture with a hamstring injury, Jurgen Klopp put his faith in the 22 year-old Irishman who had only made four senior appearances for the Reds in domestic cup games.

And the youngster certainly did not let his boss down as he showed maturity beyond his years commanding his area and making some critical saves including one from point blank range from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in the last few minutes of regular time.

Speaking after the game to the Official site, Kelleher spoke about when he got the news that he was going to be the man between the posts and his general emotions after the 90 minutes of action.

“I found out yesterday, I got told by management and stuff. Then in the team shape we did, I was the starting goalie. I was excited when I found out and then just tried to focus on the game from there.

“I’m just over the moon really with how the whole night went for me and for the whole team to get the win and to qualify. Just delighted."

image.png

Kelleher, who recently floated the idea of going on loan in the new year to gain first team experience, recalled the moment he made his first save and that allowed him to be able to ease his nerves.

“It gives you more confidence that you can make them (saves) and it gave me confidence from there. Thankfully I was able to make a few others.

“I think the main thing tonight was to get the win and qualify. There's so many games in this hectic schedule that we just need to do our best. We've qualified tonight, so that was the main objective"

The Republic of Ireland youth international confirmed that fellow custodian Alisson had sent him a good luck message but he was incredibly heartened by the support of Adrian who would have been naturally disappointed to miss out on the call-up.

“I didn't see Ali yesterday because I think he was gone, but I got a text before the game just to tell me good luck. Adrian was a really great support. He told me, 'I'm with you 100 per cent and supporting you no matter what.' To get that from him was really kind of him.”

The gloveman said that he was also indebted for the support of his manager and says he will always be ready for any further opportunity that comes his way.

“It was a nice moment for him to come to me and to get an embrace. He just said it's fully deserved, so it was a nice moment for me.

“(In terms of more opportunities) That's all I can do. When I get my opportunity, I just need to take it. I think I've done well tonight, so hopefully I can push on and if I get another opportunity, just take it again.”

View full article

Fuckin 'gloveman?' What is this shit language all about? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

'Kind of, how you say, appropriate that he kept a clean sheet against Ajax last night. 

You know, clean sheet against a team with the same name as a cleaning product. 

Clean sheet, cleaning product?'

2B217973-269F-44EF-9300-22934AD4D777.jpeg

When your team is decimated with injury and even Ole's United are an outside bet of challenging for the title, you need a bit of Thomas Muller to keep the spirits up.