You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Caoimhin Kelleher

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

He will play out there i reckon but won't play Sunday. 90 sweaty minutes ahead with Adrian in nets.

He'll surely play on Sunday too. Experience aside, he's shown himself to be a better goalkeeper than Adrian both in terms of shot-stopping and distribution. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He'll surely play on Sunday too. Experience aside, he's shown himself to be a better goalkeeper than Adrian both in terms of shot-stopping and distribution. 

I'm basing it on what Klopp said after the match. It all sounded like he was the man for this occasion but Adrian is still number 2.

10 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I'm going to name my first born son after him in honour of his performance tonight. 

A bit unfair to call your first son Man of the Match.

I like the look of him. He is a good shot stopper and has excellent distribution. He will have a lot to learn still and I feel that physically he needs to bulk up, but there is talent there. He seems like a nice grounded kid so that will stand to him whether he has a great game or has a mare which he will in the future.

I would rather him play on Sunday with excellent defenders in front of him than in Denmark where it could be basically an u18/u23 side. 

He should be number 2 imo.

i think ive said this before, 

my cousin works within the FAI (irish fa), i might add, he's a driver for the training camps, so picks up the players from the airport, drives them home if they need to go, carts them around etc........ A kinf of in house taxi driver if you will.

When Kelleher was first in the squad last year my cousin was he was watchjing a training session with another chap and neither knew Kelleher, but they where saying to each other, "that new centre mid looks decent, he's pinging balls all over the place", then he went in goal, they where amazed, he was saying he was absolutely brilliant outfield.

Then he was driving him down to Cork to his family home, said he was a lovely lad, real mannerly, down to earth as well. During the 2 hour trip they where chatting about Klopp and training etc....... We had Allison in goal at this stage and my cousin was asking him what he was like, Kelleher was saying Allison was unbelievable, great guy, helping the other keepers in training, said the training sessions with the first team where out of this world. He would do sessions with the first team, then go back to the U23's and he said although our U23's where good, the standard between the first and reserves where night and day. 

In my opinion this lad can only go from strength to strength, he's training with the best there is, the atmosphere in the camp is great, so hopefully he'll cement the Number 2 position

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

i think ive said this before, 

my cousin works within the FAI (irish fa), i might add, he's a driver for the training camps, so picks up the players from the airport, drives them home if they need to go, carts them around etc........ A kinf of in house taxi driver if you will.

When Kelleher was first in the squad last year my cousin was he was watchjing a training session with another chap and neither knew Kelleher, but they where saying to each other, "that new centre mid looks decent, he's pinging balls all over the place", then he went in goal, they where amazed, he was saying he was absolutely brilliant outfield.

Then he was driving him down to Cork to his family home, said he was a lovely lad, real mannerly, down to earth as well. During the 2 hour trip they where chatting about Klopp and training etc....... We had Allison in goal at this stage and my cousin was asking him what he was like, Kelleher was saying Allison was unbelievable, great guy, helping the other keepers in training, said the training sessions with the first team where out of this world. He would do sessions with the first team, then go back to the U23's and he said although our U23's where good, the standard between the first and reserves where night and day. 

In my opinion this lad can only go from strength to strength, he's training with the best there is, the atmosphere in the camp is great, so hopefully he'll cement the Number 2 position

Really good to hear that. 

The Ajax goalie is highly rated and made a blunder for our goal. That would be the kind of mistake Kelleher could make at his current stage of development but learning off the best in Ali and having the support of rolls royce centre halves in Matip and Fab, as well as Trent and Robbo either side will stand to him.  

He isn't Ali right now and may never be near his league because Ali is probably the best in the world, but there is a real talent there. I can see why Jurgen and the coaches rate him so highly. 

27 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

This is why I expect Adrian to play on Sunday. The atmosphere in the squad is the key to the success and dropping a player of Adrian's age to 3rd choice essentially ends his LFC career. A one game absence explained away for tactical reasons can be sold to him, the same reason can't be used on Sunday as Wolves don't press at all (although they may make an exception for Adrian).

When Klopp weighs up the ability of both and then includes the impact it could have on Adrian I and his demeanour around the squad I think he goes with Adrian. Kelleher back for Midgetland and then Ali back for Fulham.

Players looked to have a level of confidence in him they don't have with Adrian and he largely showed why that may be the case. There's an argument for keeping Adrian involved, but if there's a game we have to use him, I'd rather it be in the dead rubber next week than against Wolves. 

32 minutes ago, No2 said:

This is why I expect Adrian to play on Sunday. The atmosphere in the squad is the key to the success and dropping a player of Adrian's age to 3rd choice essentially ends his LFC career. A one game absence explained away for tactical reasons can be sold to him, the same reason can't be used on Sunday as Wolves don't press at all (although they may make an exception for Adrian).

When Klopp weighs up the ability of both and then includes the impact it could have on Adrian I and his demeanour around the squad I think he goes with Adrian. Kelleher back for Midgetland and then Ali back for Fulham.

I don't know if Klopp would play a worse player just so his feelings don't get hurt. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I'm basing it on what Klopp said after the match. It all sounded like he was the man for this occasion but Adrian is still number 2.

Klopp said Adrian was a nice guy, in other words he think he is an abysmal keeper.

It would be straightforward lunacy to play Adrian on Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Code said:

Klopp said Adrian was a nice guy, in other words he think he is an abysmal keeper.

It would be straightforward lunacy to play Adrian on Sunday. 

He went more in depth afterwards, said Kelleher was selected to beat the press, play little lobs to the fullbacks quickly and confidently. That won't be needed on Sunday, removing that from Kelleher probably makes the difference between them negligible,  making Adrian a safer bet on Sunday in Klopps mind. We will see Sunday but will probably know a lot earlier than that.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I expect him to as well. I read last night's selection was as much as Adrian's playing against Wolves. It's no surprise Ajax are a better footballing side than Wolves. That's no disrespect to Wolves, they play some good stuff. But they're also more physical than Ajax and after conceeding 7 to city's U23's a few days prior. Im not sure Kelleher would stand the rigours of wolves in the PL.

Kelleher played well last night. Made a couple of important saves and did everything that was asked of him. If he plays against Wolves, I wish him the best and hope he has a good game.

14 hours ago, niallers said:

Its the Irish name for Kevin. Kwiveen is how you pronounce it. Some

Irish names are as hard to say as Welsh ones. 

His passing was top notch and is much better than Adrian and has to be used instead of adrian now. He's done well and deserves to keep the jersey for Sunday, especially with jimenez being out. 

I always struggle with Dai. 

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I expect him to as well. I read last night's selection was as much as Adrian's playing against Wolves. It's no surprise Ajax are a better footballing side than Wolves. That's no disrespect to Wolves, they play some good stuff. But they're also more physical than Ajax and after conceeding 7 to city's U23's a few days prior. Im not sure Kelleher would stand the rigours of wolves in the PL.

Kelleher played well last night. Made a couple of important saves and did everything that was asked of him. If he plays against Wolves, I wish him the best and hope he has a good game.

Heard someone saying Docker that Kel was really good in that City u23 game and pulled off a load of worldies. Sounds like the defence and midfield were all over the shop.

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Heard someone saying Docker that Kel was really good in that City u23 game and pulled off a load of worldies. Sounds like the defence and midfield were all over the shop.

Cool. I guess with all the young lads being drafted into the first team squad, the U23s are going to be caught out.