Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Wolves (H) - Premier League - 6/12/20 - 19:15

Thought Neco did great, especially sitting on a yellow fot pretty much the whole 90. 

Gini fantastic again. Massive loss if he goes

That was good, really good....the referee's laughable decision to award them a penalty aside, that was as comfortable a night as you could wish to see against a decent side.

We made them look very ordinary and did so whilst playing within ourselves.

Just the job that.

Great response by the boys to all those pretenders. Once again, we seemed to have the hardest oppos to play this weekend although west ham away can be a toughie.

First half was tight with just a goal to show for it. Thankfully VAR showed that it wasnt a pen but I still think Sadio's attempted challenge by trying to clear the ball over his shoulder as he was falling and an oppo closing in was always risky.

As I said, my stream died before the 'contact' with coady. And while I was refreshing I was thinking the ref's gonna award a pen there so I wasnt surprised to see he had when the stream came back.

But after seeing what welbeck got away with last week, you really cannot blame any player acting like there was contact and claiming the pen. It was about the only thing I agreed with Beglin on.

Second half was a really good performance with 3 more goals to put a better complexion on it. Nice powerful header from Joel and a peach of a pass into the goal by Gini. Sadio wont care whether the final touch came off him or the wolves player. It was one of those go in off your arse type when you need a goal.

Good to see Trent back, Hendo given a rest and even Naby got in on the act. Hopefully he's ok after that big bastard fell on him.

Finally, Kelleher. Was a bit concerned about the lad playing this game but I neednt have been. He was assured in everything he did. The clean sheet was well deserved.

A win, 4 goals, a cleansheet for a rookie keeper and players coming back from injury. Rock on reds.

• Upvote 1

Missing the best goalkeeper in the world, the best right back in the world, the best central defender in the world and one of the top three midfielders in the world.

Still played them off the park.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

I think you could make a case for any of our players bar Mané and Bobby being MOTM.

I thought Bobby had a very good game. 

Scholes suggesting other teams to man mark our full backs. Don't think he's got a future in management with tactics like that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Scholes suggesting other teams to man mark our full backs. Don't think he's got a future in management with tactics like that.

I think Ron Atkinson did that once to Phil Neal when at Utd....We still won the league mind